Rest in Peace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Duggie Brown actor died i remember him in Corrie
He was the real-life brother of Lynne Perrie (Ivy Tilsley in Corrie), wasn't he? My dad knew him (passing acquaintance) through his work, back in the day. Ironically, dad was also in the same youth drama group as Ivy's on screen husband, Don Brennan (real name Geoff Hinsliff) before the latter went off to RADA.

Another one here very shocked and saddened about Darius. I liked him.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm so shocked that Darius has died. I saw him at the 02 in the Pop Idol concert, and on a Friday evening on Bournemouth seafront many years ago. He was a beautiful, charismatic man with a lovely voice.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Echoing the sentiments about Darius. He always came across as a very classy talented guy. I remember they played his song 'what I meant to say' and 'colourblind' round the clock on the pop channels back in 2002/3! Loved that video!

I remember he said to Nasty Nigel that he was going to have a number one gold charting album by the time he was 30, and give him his due, he certainly did it!

Still feeling shocked by this news tbh ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I can't believe how upset I am about Darius. I saw him in panto years ago and he was fabulous.

It's such a shame for his family.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Gutted about Darius. Was listening to him in the car the other day and husband asked who it was and laughed at me, i told him he was a really nice person and his music was lovely. So sad 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Can't say I knew much about Darius. I knew of the name and face, but never listened to his music. Has there been any reports on how he died?

Reactions: 2
Can't say I knew much about Darius. I knew of the name and face, but never listened to his music. Has there been any reports on how he died?
No, not yet
but I suspect it's either a suicide or drug overdose although I don't know anything about his lifestyle or how his career was going. But found alone with no suspicious circumstances are usually hallmarks of those kinds of deaths
😞

• Sad
Was speaking to my neighbour about him there.....she had met him at some awards things years ago in Glasgow, he spent 20 minutes just chatting away with her and her friend like a total gentlemen before getting them a drink. He then mixed with other people there spending time with him.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I'm really sad about Darius, he was so talented and such a lovely man. Truly gutted :(

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Rip Darius, he seemed like a good soul.

Although I thought he had disappeared from the radar to a normal life, I wonder why he had so many famous friends?

Reactions: 7
Darius did come across as a really nice man. He used to go out with the model who is now married to Guy Richie.

Reactions: 8
Just read the local police have said there were "no signs of intent..." I'm unfamiliar with that wording but
it sounds like that means suicide is ruled out.

Reactions: 8
Darius did come across as a really nice man. He used to go out with the model who is now married to Guy Richie.
He was very handsome wasn't he, gorgeous speaking voice too. I'm utterly shocked by this, so young to pass, and I grew up in the Popstars/Pop Idol era, it was huge so I remember Darius super well and always thought he came across like a good chap

• Heart
No, not yet
but I suspect it's either a suicide or drug overdose although I don't know anything about his lifestyle or how his career was going. But found alone with no suspicious circumstances are usually hallmarks of those kinds of deaths
😞
I had a quick read around, and it seems he was in a car crash years ago and sustained terrible neck injuries ... that's sometimes the precursor to long-term abuse of pain.

Rest in Peace Darius. This is a shocker. His Britney is one of the most unforgettable UK TV moments of all time and we didn't appreciate it.

• Heart
I had a quick read around, and it seems he was in a car crash years ago and sustained terrible neck injuries ... that's sometimes the precursor to long-term abuse of pain.
I had exactly the same thought when I read that.

Reactions: 3
I’m so so sad about Darius when he was on pop idol I was coming out of a toxic relationship with a guy who actually looked a bit like him but having a crush on Darius really helped me. I actually met him twice and he was such a gent and really friendly didn’t disappoint at all. One of the times he did a intimate gig and his voice was incredible it’s just heartbreaking I hope he knows he was loved by many x

• Heart
Reactions: 11
He also nearly died after drinking water from the Thames for an advert for water filters

• Wow
Reactions: 6
He was very handsome wasn't he, gorgeous speaking voice too. I'm utterly shocked by this, so young to pass, and I grew up in the Popstars/Pop Idol era, it was huge so I remember Darius super well and always thought he came across like a good chap
I have such fond memories of that time. Me and the girl I shared a house with at the time watched all of Popstars and, on the day of the final, we shut the curtains and unplugged the phone so we wouldn't be disturbed as the "band" was revealed. I actually went to see Hear'Say live later that year.

I was even more obsessed with Pop Idol. It turned into a big office rivalry with one team supporting Gareth Gates and my team supporting Will Young 😂 The second after the result was announced, I got a text from one of the other team which just said "FIX" 🤣🤣

Whilst he was never my favourite, I always liked Darius and thought he had a great voice.

I just watched Colourblind on YouTube which was the gateway into some Hear'Say and Liberty X videos. Made me feel very happy and sad at the same time.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.