Rest In Peace #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He was in the band for a time not the lead singer.
The band he went on to form...World Party were the original singers of She's The One, a song that Robbie Williams released and is still one of his best in my opinion.

Reactions: 4
The band he went on to form...World Party were the original singers of She's The One, a song that Robbie Williams released and is still one of his best in my opinion.
I didn't know that was a cover! And just read on wiki that Robbie Williams has never admitted it's a World Party song and often introduces it as 'the best song he's ever written' the liar.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
I didn't know that was a cover! And just read on wiki that Robbie Williams has never admitted it's a World Party song and often introduces it as 'the best song he's ever written' the liar.
It's in the Popbitch mail out tonight, did you read it there?

Reactions: 1
The same thing happened with Angels. He claimed he wrote more or less the whole song in 25 minutes but the true story is seemingly that another guy called Ray Heffernan was the real writer.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
I thought Guy Chambers the song writer, wrote Angels for Robbie Williams?
I've just googled it, Angels was based on a song by Ray Heffernan. You learn something new every day.

Reactions: 4
I thought Guy Chambers the song writer, wrote Angels for Robbie Williams?
I've just googled it, Angels was based on a song by Ray Heffernan. You learn something new every day.
He's been trying to get Robbie to acknowledge it for years. Seemingly the record company pressured him to take the money offered and he did. He claims he has proof of it and there are pics of Robbie in his house and paperwork. He says he doesn't care if he doesn't earn a penny, he wants his name on there as a writer. Of course, that would get him a lot of cash and if he genuinely did write it...and it seems he did...he deserves every penny he would get.

Reactions: 9
Steve Harley of "Cockney rebel" who sang "Come up and see me (make me smile)" has passed aged 73 from cancer ;(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20