Rest In Peace #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m so sad about Dave, I thought he had got better and that’s why he’d been on tv more the last few months.
I thought it came across like that! He must’ve wanted to carry on as normal as possible with a terminal diagnosis.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I’ve actually had a proper cry. My 9yo is going to be gutted, she loves them. They just seemed to have the loveliest friendship, and my heart hurts for Si.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Dave Myers, one of the Hairy Bikers has died aged 66

Sad to hear this, he was a wonderful man, have met him a couple of times and he always had time for chat. Glad he got to have one more adventure around the country with Si doing what he loves. Have enjoyed all their programmes over the years but the last feels the most poignant.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
This has hit me for six absolutely love the hairy bikers and loved watching them both, this is just so sad 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 10
So sad to hear about Dave, I always thought he came across as being a lovely, gentle soul.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Such sad news about Dave Myers - I love watching their shows. They don't mess around with poncey food, they make dishes that anyone can make and explain it in "Englishman's" terms. And their friendship really shone through.

Reactions: 13
Such sad news about Dave Myers - I love watching their shows. They don't mess around with poncey food, they make dishes that anyone can make and explain it in "Englishman's" terms. And their friendship really shone through.
I’ve got so many of their recipe books and loved watching their shows. Such ‘normal’ food that anyone can make.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Can’t believe how upset I am about Dave Myers.
I’ve been watching the latest/last series they made and feeling like he knew it was one last adventure.
His absolute joy and love of life always shone out of him, imo, and it’s just heartbreaking that he ran out of road 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Si’s statement has made me really cry - and the news obviously. Cancer stole my Dad end of last year and I cannot be eloquent about it, so when other people are about their loss it slays me.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
So sad about Dave. Some of our favourite recipes are Hairy Bikers and their shows really inspired us in our travels. I think the bbc article covering tributes was one of the longest I’ve seen, so many people out there had lovely things to say about him 😢🥺 Genuinely sending all my best wishes to his family and Si.

• Heart
Reactions: 12