Rest In Peace #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apparently he sounded quite posh in real life
He was. I used to love Phantom Of The Opera back in the day and had a copy of the original West End version with Sarah Brightman and Michael Crawford that I played all the time. It was 'lost' so I ended up buying the CD version of it. When he was cast in Corrie, I recognized the name but couldn't think from where until I was reading through the booklet a few weeks later and saw he played Firmin in the musical.

Speaking of Corrie, I remember when it was revealed he was gonna be in it and a lot of people questioned why he would 'slum it' in a soap as he was seen as a 'proper' actor. Of course, it was a different story as soon as he was on screen.

Here is...I say, here is a video of his normal voice.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
He was. I used to love Phantom Of The Opera back in the day and had a copy of the original West End version with Sarah Brightman and Michael Crawford that I played all the time. It was 'lost' so I ended up buying the CD version of it. When he was cast in Corrie, I recognized the name but couldn't think from where until I was reading through the booklet a few weeks later and saw he played Firmin in the musical.

Speaking of Corrie, I remember when it was revealed he was gonna be in it and a lot of people questioned why he would 'slum it' in a soap as he was seen as a 'proper' actor. Of course, it was a different story as soon as he was on screen.

Here is...I say, here is a video of his normal voice.

He was posh I say, he was proper posh

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Stan Bowles.
Was a bit of a maverick, but my Dad used to really like him as a player: made me sad to read that he’s gone after a long battle with dementia.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Stan Bowles.
Was a bit of a maverick, but my Dad used to really like him as a player: made me sad to read that he’s gone after a long battle with dementia.
He lived near me and all my older relatives either have stories of boozy nights with him or playing football with him. He was a lovely gent when you’d see him around. May he rest in peace

Reactions: 6
Poor Dave. I said to my partner a couple of days ago that their current series felt very much like a swansong, he looked so frail. RIP.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Feel quite sad about this
Feel very sad about this news
My husband bumped into him ( literally) at Euston station several years ago and had a lovely conversation with him as we’re both great fans - even got his autograph -
Husband said he was a lovely chap who was only too happy to chat
agree thought he looked very frail in latest series

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Oh no, I thought he was getting better. I too thought he looked frail and the show seemed edited to not show him struggling. But I thought he was just recovering from chemo.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I’m so sad about Dave, I thought he had got better and that’s why he’d been on tv more the last few months.

• Sad
Reactions: 11