Remaining_hopeful #3 Robbie, Ollie & Kim.. is she bright or is she dim….

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It can't be defended. All she had to do was say thanks for letting me know, I didn't realise. Instead she doubled down and called people out and lost her mind. She doubled down again by not removing the stories because she knew if she did that would show she was (is) wrong.
You absolutely can’t defend forward facing a child that age, especially with all the knowledge available online but I half expected one of the instahuns to ignore the real subject and go more along the lines you’re an amazing mam Kim, you’re doing best for your baby, happy mom happy baby, don’t let the haters win shite. I hope Kim notices the utter silence

• Heart
Reactions: 8
You absolutely can’t defend forward facing a child that age, especially with all the knowledge available online but I half expected one of the instahuns to ignore the real subject and go more along the lines you’re an amazing mam Kim, you’re doing best for your baby, happy mom happy baby, don’t let the haters win shite. I hope Kim notices the utter silence
But if they did that then their own followers would be replying and stating how dangerous it is and questioning why they support it.

With all the silence from her insta friends it should show her that actually they're not on my side on this one.

Kim knows that though. Deep down. Her pride has just gone too far for her to backtrack now.

That seat may say 9kg but that seat itself has been proven unsafe. There's video evidence of the straps ripping from the seat in a collision. She reads here. She's seen the links and the videos and reports.

She still does not care.

Shameful to your son Kim. Your pride over Ollie's life.

Maybe early yet but surely she’s wondered so far how none of the other instahuns have come on to defend her? Didn’t see date with a mate or aul solo mom Lisa coming on saying go girl, no because you can’t defend forward facing a baby at this age..
Even lisa girls are still rearward

Reactions: 6
I can’t believe she still thinks she’s 100% right!! He’s only 5 MONTHS old 💔 I’ll admit I didn’t know about extended RF when I had my 1st baby and she was FF around 16 months but if someone or in Kim’s case multiple people told me the risks I’d never have done it so soon, my 3rd baby is only forward now at 4 years old

Reactions: 9
Plus, the safety Info says keep them in baby seat till they're heavier than the MAX weight which is usually 13kg ish, or if their head height is higher than the seat, specifically if their eye line is in line with the back of the head part. That would mean his head is well over the top bit, guaranteed his wasn't. I'd a 10lb baby and he was in his maxi cosi baby seat till 1 and then still rear facing. She's a tool but sure no talking to her I'd say.

Reactions: 4
I’m paranoid now about mine. Joie 360 spin. Anyone any views. 2 year old (28months) in it front facing My baby a few days younger than Ollie who is tall aswell ( fitting into 12month sleep suits for length) still in maxi cosy v comfortable. Loads of room.
The joie 360 spin is a great seat- joie is a good brand. You don't need to be paranoid but there are changes you could make.

I am yet to meet a perfect parent who is doing it all right including myself! But we try!!

Rear facing is much safer until minimum age 4. If you'd like to turn your 2yo back RF the seat should work (check specific limits in your manual)

That seat goes to 18kg.

Your many cosy will last your baby for a long while more. At least 1st bday but don't know his measurements.

For my kids, once they leave the infant carrier (mine left when next baby arrives but by heights and weights they did not outgrow it until almost 2)

I've invested in Axkid Minikid 3 and will go with same or similar for them all. It is RF to 36kg and has swedish plus test (extra testing).
I don't want to turn my kids until I absolutely have to and they are mature enough for a good high back booster seat.
I have age 6 in my head.

• Heart
The photos of Ollie in the car yesterday, trying to be a smart ass witch at the expense of your sons safety, keep up the good work Kim you're playing a blinder (NOT). She has some neck coming on making a joke of the whole thing after her unhinged behaviour on her stories Wednesday.

It just shows her level of immaturity, anyone that messaged her, and the comments made here, were all coming from a good place, people concerned about Ollies safety but she's too immature and pig ignorant to see that. She wants to play the victim by calling people out as trolls, well Newsflash Kim, you're not that important, no-one is trolling you, people are genuinely concerned for your sons safety. But you continue with your smart ass behaviour, I just hope it never comes back to haunt you.

Reactions: 20
The scenic route by Jen has made reference to the car seat debacle today. She's very well informed and sensible and also able to hold her hands up and say she had got it wrong herself. Delighted she has posted about it

Reactions: 9
Fair play to Jen, I hope Kim sees it. Kim may have had a tiny chance to redeem herself yesterday if she’d apologised, held her hands up and said look I was so wrong, I didn’t know, I’m grateful to those who gave me advice and I’m sorry for the outburst. It still would have left a sour taste in everyone’s mouth but she had a chance to turn things around and also inform other about rear facing but after that smart arse picture last night I do feels she’s gone beyond a certain point. The subject actually makes me furious to think you would put your ignorance, stupidity and pride above a child’s life but the fact is people like her do exist out there

The scenic route by Jen has made reference to the car seat debacle today. She's very well informed and sensible and also able to hold her hands up and say she had got it wrong herself. Delighted she has posted about it
And Kim is a follower of hers...
For now!

It's how Kim has managed this scenario that's really shocking. She didn't care enough about her sons safety to look up the information given to her by others. She's allowing her pride to take centre stage and that is what's really dreadful. Her reaction to this, that's the problem.

We all have the learn. The staff in Smyth's are sales assistants, not professionals in car seat safety. That's our job as parents to ensure we have our kids safe, to protect them. We do the research. We don't rely on others to do it for us and take them at their word. This isn't a buggy or a bottle brand. This will save your child's life and may prevent severe paralysis.

People are not nit picking.
They tried to help and you told them all to duck off and then made jokes about it.

It's your reaction Kim.and your lack of care to valid safety issues that has everyone sickened.

Reactions: 14
The photos of Ollie in the car yesterday, trying to be a smart ass witch at the expense of your sons safety, keep up the good work Kim you're playing a blinder (NOT). She has some neck coming on making a joke of the whole thing after her unhinged behaviour on her stories Wednesday.
Imagine someone hit that parked car, child would be either sliced in half or out the window. But Yano, it’s sooo funny 🙄

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.