Remaining_hopeful #2 Eat, sleep, scan, repeat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve no doubt she’s bullshitting about some things. Kim your baby has a tongue tie and you say your nipples are falling off. A tongue tie can absolutely cause this and also feeding. Also am I mad thinking she says she only gets 2oz pumping one side? Ehhhhh that’s not a good supply? Correct me if I’m wrong like but not pumping/breastfeeding all night is not a good idea for your supply?

I used a pod on mine but Jesus the child is up against the sides. Not good.

I will say this for the girl-the midwives did promote Co sleeping in the hospital-there’s actually many studies gone into it and it is considered safe when done right. The research is there. Also the midwife encouraged me to pump in the hospital on day 2 and I had a great supply TG. But this shite about not feeding all night/a good supply being 2oz-no.

I really don’t think Kim is in any position to be doing a q and a about feeding. She’s establishing her routine. She is by no means a professional. Ya answer questions but don’t be so specific preaching from the alter when you really don’t know anything.

NO shaming here. Just stating facts/ saying it as it is.

Reactions: 6
I’m just going to say it….

I’m sick tit of hearing about breastfeeding, seeing breastfeeding, discussing breastfeeding, seeing boobs, nipples, pumps and milk. For the love of duck get over it. For Christ sake you are not a saint for breastfeeding and you are not a criminal if you don’t decide to breastfeed. I feel like all I see lately is bragging and shaming those who don’t breastfeed. Just feed the child.

And before anyone jumps at me-I’m all for seeing the reality of being a new parent and the struggles. Im all for it. And I breastfed. But just give over shiting on about it
It's like a dick measuring competition.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Once the baby is feed doesn’t matter if it’s from breast or bottle. There’s so much research gone into formula and making sure it has everything your baby needs Id happily give my baby formula when I’m lucky enough to have one!

Reactions: 7
Between this one , randy sandy and Iv had the unfortunate luck of looking at solo mom's story there tonight . Iv seen enough engorged breasts to do me a life time. Nothing wrong with titties. Iv my own currently tucked into the top of my pyjama pants here as I type , but duck me it's like a competition between the lot of them!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I was thinking the same if she’s going 8+ hours at night not feeding or pumping her supply will dwindle fairly fast!! I’m 7 months in and I wouldn’t go that long!! Although my fella won’t feed during the day for love nor money he’s far too busy so I’m back pumping during the day 🙄😂
To be fair, everyone is different, my son went 8 hours at night from about 3 weeks old, and we fed successfully for months! And I never felt engorged or anything. People forget, our bodies respond to our babies

Reactions: 1
They'd all wither you.. bon afide lactation consultants the lot of them. I've breastfed 3 kids, hopefully soon to be 4, I'm a midwife and I honestly wouldn't have the gigantic nuts to give this kind of breastfeeding "advise" that the huns do.

Kim just needs to stfu cause she sounds thick as tit. Colostrum harvesting antenatally tells you duck all about supply.

Not feeding him overnight might have no negative impact on supply either once he's feeding well by day. Surprised he's only taking 1 side per feed but once he's gaining weight, wetting and dirtying and alert he should be ok.

With only getting 2oz per breast, it's probably better than expressing huge amounts and creating an over supply but again like Karen, she has a complicated way of going about it.

One of my reasons why I liked bf was the easiness of it, no equipment required. I can't forget my boobs when leaving the house. Don't get me wrong, it was huge work too, plenty of tears and frustrations and complications. but the new thing seems to be an obsession with expressing. Every gadget under the sun.. everyones breastfeeding journey is different, many choose to or need to exclusively express. To me it feels like the huns just want to over complicate it and have more of a structure or story or plan or whateverthefuck....

I never tracked or timed feeds I just fed them when hungry or if I was too full. Like many bf moms, I expressed just when I needed to leave milk if I was separated from baby. I couldn't be arsed otherwise.

Who bleeping needs to tune in to these cunts waffling on endlessly about the magical newly discovered means of keeping babies fed. They are painful!

Reactions: 12
So the child had his daddy feed him 4oz last night
He woke at 2.30am and his daddy put him down asleep again at 5.00am
That’s an awful long time to drink 4oz a nappy change and settle back to sleep

Reactions: 2
She's collecting 2oz of let down with her hakka while he feeds though... that's not pumping per say.

Anyway, pumping isn't a good indication of your supply.
She's doing great feeding him and her and Robbie seem to be working to find a rhythm which is lovely to see.

But instagram is such an odd place with all these experts to give you advice when they've barely started something at all.
It's bizarre.
To think... there are poor sods out there who take what these huns say as gospel 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

I know absolutely nothing about breast feeding and I really don't care to learn about it. I actually muted her on Instagram because I am bored of it now. I think it's awful that every single detail of this child's life is being shared with over 10,000 people. Her page was about getting pregnant, she had her baby. I think she should back off now and give her child some digital privacy. I know she won't because she's addicted to the attention now. But it really doesn't sit right with me that a newborn has a camera shoved in his face and his growing up is being shared in real time. A lot of children will be very angry at their parents for the digital footprint they've created without their children's informed consent.

Reactions: 3
To be fair, everyone is different, my son went 8 hours at night from about 3 weeks old, and we fed successfully for months! And I never felt engorged or anything. People forget, our bodies respond to our babies
The difference is her baby is waking and she's not feeding at that time or pumping so her body won't be making the amount that baby is actually looking for. So it won't do her supply any favours as it regulates.

So the child had his daddy feed him 4oz last night
He woke at 2.30am and his daddy put him down asleep again at 5.00am
That’s an awful long time to drink 4oz a nappy change and settle back to sleep
He's a baby? They don't always stick to our plans and schedules?🤣 maybe I am missing the point here?

The difference is her baby is waking and she's not feeding at that time or pumping so her body won't be making the amount that baby is actually looking for. So it won't do her supply any favours as it regulates.
How do u mean? Is it that she is using her excess supply from the hakaa to feed? So she already has enough to feed him.....

How do u mean? Is it that she is using her excess supply from the hakaa to feed? So she already has enough to feed him.....
It’s quite likely that if she doesn’t feed him over that 8 hr period, then her production will slow down. So after a few days, weeks, whatever, she’ll wake up, and she will feed him in the morning, but wont have the extra she has now. So she wont have that bottle to put in the fridge for later. Because what she’s collecting now isn’t being actively sought by him, it’s just being collected, her body will recognise that and produce less. So then she’ll potentially need to give him a formula bottle at night, then she’ll produce less again, and so forth.
whatever she chooses to feed him is fine, but if she wants to breastfeed for 6 months as she says, she’s potentially not doing herself any favours. And she shouldnt Be making up advice and disseminating it.
You just know what will happen now, I’ve seen it countless times- her supply will drop because she’s ignoring best practise advice, then she’ll be on telling everyone he was just so hungry she didn’t have enough milk for him, and he’ll be on formula.
And again, formula is fine, but it grinds my gears when they use a public platform to give crappy advice

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It’s quite likely that if she doesn’t feed him over that 8 hr period, then her production will slow down. So after a few days, weeks, whatever, she’ll wake up, and she will feed him in the morning, but wont have the extra she has now. So she wont have that bottle to put in the fridge for later. Because what she’s collecting now isn’t being actively sought by him, it’s just being collected, her body will recognise that and produce less. So then she’ll potentially need to give him a formula bottle at night, then she’ll produce less again, and so forth.
whatever she chooses to feed him is fine, but if she wants to breastfeed for 6 months as she says, she’s potentially not doing herself any favours. And she shouldnt Be making up advice and disseminating it.
You just know what will happen now, I’ve seen it countless times- her supply will drop because she’s ignoring best practise advice, then she’ll be on telling everyone he was just so hungry she didn’t have enough milk for him, and he’ll be on formula.
And again, formula is fine, but it grinds my gears when they use a public platform to give crappy advice
This is just fear mongering. If her supply dips, she can bring it back by pumping. I used to use my letdown to make a bottle for my partner to give in the evening and never had any issue. Maybe if ur supply is low, that would make a difference. But a 2oz letdown is a lot

This is just fear mongering. If her supply dips, she can bring it back by pumping. I used to use my letdown to make a bottle for my partner to give in the evening and never had any issue. Maybe if ur supply is low, that would make a difference. But a 2oz letdown is a lot
I know zero about breastfeeding but just to say.. you mentioned previously that ppl nitpick and criticise Kim for no reason. I genuinely am fond of Kim and delighted to see her now with her much wanted baby. I genuinely hope all works out for her.

I think what gets to ppl is when others go on Instagram and give their expert advice on something they have no actual qualifications in. They’re broadcasting it to 10,000 plus people if they have a thread on tattle.They take no responsibility for the fact that a lot of those people will copy what they do or follow their advice. And for most (not Kim), they’re making a fortune endorsing products that they know v little about and/or often don’t use/wear.

Maybe I’m wrong but that’s what I see on most threads. There are always exceptions.

A 2oz let down is a lot. But her supply is nowhere near settled. So when it settles she might not have a 2oz let down, that’s my point. But I’ve seen so many people get to That point, and they don’t know they can boost their supply again, they say “oh he was so hungry I couldn’t keep up”.
I don’t care how she feeds him. But after two weeks of breastfeeding she’s not really in a position to be giving advice to 10thousand ppl

Reactions: 6
I know zero about breastfeeding but just to say.. you mentioned previously that ppl nitpick and criticise Kim for no reason. I genuinely am fond of Kim and delighted to see her now with her much wanted baby. I genuinely hope all works out for her.

I think what gets to ppl is when others go on Instagram and give their expert advice on something they have no actual qualifications in. They’re broadcasting it to 10,000 plus people if they have a thread on tattle.They take no responsibility for the fact that a lot of those people will copy what they do or follow their advice. And for most (not Kim), they’re making a fortune endorsing products that they know v little about and/or often don’t use/wear.

Maybe I’m wrong but that’s what I see on most threads. There are always exceptions.
A 2oz let down is a lot. But her supply is nowhere near settled. So when it settles she might not have a 2oz let down, that’s my point. But I’ve seen so many people get to That point, and they don’t know they can boost their supply again, they say “oh he was so hungry I couldn’t keep up”.
I don’t care how she feeds him. But after two weeks of breastfeeding she’s not really in a position to be giving advice to 10thousand ppl
Maybe I am taking her stories up differently, I suppose what I am gathering is she is saying hos she is doing it, and what works for her.... I don't think she is saying "if ur breastfeeding u should do this". Any mother who breastfeed has likely taken an antenatal class in it, or spoken to a midwife/lactation consultant about their own unique situation.

Maybe I'm being naive, but what you see here in tattle (smart individuals who arent being influenced by these individuals) are tha majority.

I think calling it a breastfeeding q and a is what gets ppl-if she came on telling her story about how she’s getting on it would be a different story and wouldn’t be her telling ppl what to do etc

Reactions: 2
Maybe I am taking her stories up differently, I suppose what I am gathering is she is saying hos she is doing it, and what works for her.... I don't think she is saying "if ur breastfeeding u should do this". Any mother who breastfeed has likely taken an antenatal class in it, or spoken to a midwife/lactation consultant about their own unique situation.

Maybe I'm being naive, but what you see here in tattle (smart individuals who arent being influenced by these individuals) are tha majority.
I absolutely agree, you take advice where you want to and all I saw was someone saying how they were coping. If you were easily 'influenced' you may take that as advice but maybe it's just me, I only take an opinion as just that... an opinion, not advice or gospel.

I think calling it a breastfeeding q and a is what gets ppl-if she came on telling her story about how she’s getting on it would be a different story and wouldn’t be her telling ppl what to do etc
Ah I get how that can look, but I dont think anyone realistically is asking her how to do it!

Interestingly, u never see mom influencers doing a formula feeding Q&A.....

Ah I get how that can look, but I dont think anyone realistically is asking her how to do it!

Interestingly, u never see mom influencers doing a formula feeding Q&A.....
That’s the thing-I think there’s some new parents who do take what these pages as educational 😳

Are you mad? Come on and talk positively about formula nooooo way. Don’t you know formula is awful and you’re a failure if you give it

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.