Remaining_hopeful #2 Eat, sleep, scan, repeat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
CUMH is the hospital where a Mum and her newborn baby died tragically in 2019. Nobody checked on them for hours. I had a section there a few years ago. They are run off their feet up there. They only have time for the essentials- there’s no TLC whether you go private or public.
That poor mam and her baby were in a private room. She had specifically stated that she feared being alone in a private room due to her epilepsy. Had she been on a ward most likely baby and mam would be alive today. An awfully sad and preventable situation X

• Sad
Reactions: 11
If he is on her insurance policy he can drive. She'd be with him all above board.

Wish she had this car seat straps positioned properly tho!!!
No she needs to be able to take over if needed and can’t drive until she can safely emergency brake. Now I know people drive before the 6 weeks but if you haven’t been cleared and are in an accident your not covered by insurance. Hardly worth the risk for maccy ds 🙈

Reactions: 3
No she needs to be able to take over if needed and can’t drive until she can safely emergency brake. Now I know people drive before the 6 weeks but if you haven’t been cleared and are in an accident your not covered by insurance. Hardly worth the risk for maccy ds 🙈
I doubt she will trust me the pain would prevent her anyways I don't think she be that silly say her friend or family member picked them

She’s full of tit with “the midwife said X/Y” like what midwife would say oh you’ve a great supply start expressing into a bottle and give him a bottle. That’s totally against their code. If a mother is successfully breastfeeding they should be encouraging that.
Everything she’s claiming these midwives are saying could actually get them in trouble.

Reactions: 5
She’s full of tit with “the midwife said X/Y” like what midwife would say oh you’ve a great supply start expressing into a bottle and give him a bottle. That’s totally against their code. If a mother is successfully breastfeeding they should be encouraging that.
Everything she’s claiming these midwives are saying could actually get them in trouble.
I thought you weren't meant to pump anyway for the first few weeks until your supply regulates? Otherwise you might over pump and end up engorged, and also the baby will get used to feeding from a bottle and won't latch then

Reactions: 4
I thought you weren't meant to pump anyway for the first few weeks until your supply regulates? Otherwise you might over pump and end up engorged, and also the baby will get used to feeding from a bottle and won't latch then
Exactly. There’s no medical need for her to pump (like for a premature baby) so why start pumping now at a few days old when she’s saying how well she’s doing with feeding herself. Definitely can negatively impact on baby’s latch and actually cause oversupply. Baby is doing fine taking what it needs. Maybe she’s getting too much info from lots of sources. Hate that spewing of misinformation to so many followers.

Throwing it out there, and I may well be wrong. BUT…. Does anyone else suspect the “baby turning breech” at 39.5 weeks thing isn’t the truth? I’m sorry but I think it was a planned c-section all along. I have no idea why she would feel shame about that and why she would feel the need to lie….but I just don’t believe the story 🙈🤷🏻‍♀️ Just my opinion!

Throwing it out there, and I may well be wrong. BUT…. Does anyone else suspect the “baby turning breech” at 39.5 weeks thing isn’t the truth? I’m sorry but I think it was a planned c-section all along. I have no idea why she would feel shame about that and why she would feel the need to lie….but I just don’t believe the story 🙈🤷🏻‍♀️ Just my opinion!
That close to the end you do get a lot of checks and it happened to me that all the way to the end baby was head down and suddenly they couldn't feel his head properly and I was brought in to be scanned at 38 weeks. Thankfully he was actually head down but like it totally is possible according to what I was told. Though if I didn't have that experience I would totally call bullshit on the story, surely if she had it planned she wouldn't have been harvesting like crazy trying to bring it on

Reactions: 1
That close to the end you do get a lot of checks and it happened to me that all the way to the end baby was head down and suddenly they couldn't feel his head properly and I was brought in to be scanned at 38 weeks. Thankfully he was actually head down but like it totally is possible according to what I was told. Though if I didn't have that experience I would totally call bullshit on the story, surely if she had it planned she wouldn't have been harvesting like crazy trying to bring it on
Duno possibly she was harvesting to actually give the colostrum to the baby. I just don’t believe her story 🤷🏻‍♀️ It is possible at 39.5 weeks to flip 180…but extremely rare especially with a baby that size. And she didn’t say he had shifted into an awkward position. She said he had totally flipped and was standing upright, head up at her chest. I just don’t fully buy it

Duno possibly she was harvesting to actually give the colostrum to the baby. I just don’t believe her story 🤷🏻‍♀️ It is possible at 39.5 weeks to flip 180…but extremely rare especially with a baby that size. And she didn’t say he had shifted into an awkward position. She said he had totally flipped and was standing upright, head up at her chest. I just don’t fully buy it
Happened to me so I do believe it

I was told to pump, I went to lactation consultant a few days after giving birth. at the start I asked should I pump, she said no need to pump at all in early weeks but then I fed baby whilst there waited a few min and baby was still hungry he wasn’t getting enough so she was like oh ya pump deffo to bring on supply… it really depends who you deal with

Reactions: 2
I was told to pump, I went to lactation consultant a few days after giving birth. at the start I asked should I pump, she said no need to pump at all in early weeks but then I fed baby whilst there waited a few min and baby was still hungry he wasn’t getting enough so she was like oh ya pump deffo to bring on supply… it really depends who you deal with
I doubt they could tell that in the hospital that early on though. Especially as she said how well he was feeding and sleeping. But you know she’s prob not telling the full story. Maybe it wasn’t going as well as she was making it out.

Reactions: 2
Exactly. There’s no medical need for her to pump (like for a premature baby) so why start pumping now at a few days old when she’s saying how well she’s doing with feeding herself. Definitely can negatively impact on baby’s latch and actually cause oversupply. Baby is doing fine taking what it needs. Maybe she’s getting too much info from lots of sources. Hate that spewing of misinformation to so many followers.
The likes of Karen Coffee and her convuluted way of breastfeeding including pumping, bottles and different types of formula 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ I never tried pumping on any of mine and I was lucky enough that my supply just seemed regular so I could just whip the boob out if I was out and about or middle of the night etc. The handiest thing ever, no bottles to make or sterilise and I got a decent rest at night aswell. I know not everyone is as lucky with under/over supply or having to return to work but I would seriously recommend exclusively boob if you can. I wonder with the early pumping for no apparent reason aswell is that what affects their supply, and it’s a vicious cycle then of having to top up with formula, having to pump etc. There’s nothing wrong with formula either, it just defeats the purpose of the handiness of breastfeeding

Reactions: 6
Honestly I think the early unnecessary pumping is just another excuse or way she can brag about breastfeeding as much as possible. If she’s not putting up photos of milk in a pump she can’t brag, or “asking advice” about a pump. Surely the midwife who told her to pump would have already given her that advice. To her….it’s content.

Reactions: 5
I also saw a lactation consultant a few days after birth and she said definitely don't pump if you have a good supply while it regulates 😂 she told me if my nipples were sore to use shields not a pump to have a break. So it deffo does depend who you see!

Just seen her latest post, a onesie and a blanket on the hottest day of the year is she trying to give the child heatstroke?

Reactions: 4
Just seen her latest post, a onesie and a blanket on the hottest day of the year is she trying to give the child heatstroke?
Thought that too, especially given the temps in Cork.. another instahun that’ll use the child as dress up with no thought for what he actually needs

Reactions: 1
The likes of Karen Coffee and her convuluted way of breastfeeding including pumping, bottles and different types of formula 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ I never tried pumping on any of mine and I was lucky enough that my supply just seemed regular so I could just whip the boob out if I was out and about or middle of the night etc. The handiest thing ever, no bottles to make or sterilise and I got a decent rest at night aswell. I know not everyone is as lucky with under/over supply or having to return to work but I would seriously recommend exclusively boob if you can. I wonder with the early pumping for no apparent reason aswell is that what affects their supply, and it’s a vicious cycle then of having to top up with formula, having to pump etc. There’s nothing wrong with formula either, it just defeats the purpose of the handiness of breastfeeding
And she actually writes the midwifes said to express to prob drain off the fast flowing foremilk so he doesn’t get overwhelmed. Expressing some off before a feed is a world away from actively pumping which will only drive her supply way up. But yeah can see her bragging about her volume only to create a huge problem:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.