Relationship Break.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And she said he doesn't have his own place. So he can't be the neighbour. Unless the neighbour just gave up their place the moment they swiped right and moved in with her.. and if they left for the break where did they leave to? Back to across the road?

Reactions: 1
So you got together during lockdown? Had this discussion with a friend..it’s like men were happy to be in a relationship during lockdown when no pubs etc open but once everything is back open they want their single life back again.

If he said he didn’t love you anymore and wanted a break it sounds to me like he used you during lockdown and now he’s off enjoying the single life again. Sorry to be blunt.
I agree with this - 3 months is nothing and really shouldnt be having a break after such a short time like seriously? How can the "love be gone" if you have only been together 3 months? Really think you should walk away but i know it is easier said than done.

Totally agree with some of the comments on here, sounds like there's someone else that he has feelings for. A man never up and leaves unless it's for a reason, trust me. I've seen it happen too many times x
I dont agree with this I have had guys up and leave me before that I have been seeing - for various reasons and it wasnt another girl. I have also up and left a guy I was seeing for certain reasons, no other men involved.

You have to go with your instinct - and not torture yourself with negative thoughts. If it's meant to be, it will feel right.

Reactions: 6
I agree with what other posters have said regarding men: never known any men to end a relationship unless they’ve had another woman lined up. Men are lazy and don’t like doing things for themselves, I’d be very surprised if any man left his wife or gf to be single and alone.

also, 3 months and living together does sound very quick (obviously I don’t know your situation) and lockdown is very different to normal life.

I’d say don’t wait around for him or chase him, try and move forward with your life.

Reactions: 7
I think the lockdown, the threat of the virus and everything that it has brought has made a lot of people take stock of their life and question what they really want out of life. I'm not blaming it on that of course (only you know what truly is happening in your own relationship) but it has changed things for a few people. Being stuck together, or without each other has been an eye-opener for many. In my experience in a break up there is always someone who wants to end it a lot more than the other person. He may be trying to let you down gently as he's not got the guts to just be blunt about it. If you miss him tell him. Tell him exactly how you feel, but don't put pressure on or try and persuade him to stay with you because it will just be temporary. If he has got another woman or is wanting other women, I think you'll be able to tell. His behaviour will change towards you. I can't explain it, you'll just know.

Reactions: 2
[/QUOTE]
Do you honestly think he will be wanting to rent a place totally by himself/get a mortgage/ and pay all the bills alone, having to do everything for himself with little company or anything else? Most of my friends have been separated/divorced more than once etc and I've never know a man to leave his girlfriend/wife to live as a single man ever. They all without exception have someone else. Sorry I know is hard.
[/QUOTE]

My brother has his own house and split up with a girlfriend because he just didn't feel the same anymore and didn't see a future with her, despite being together for 4 or 5 years and there wasn't another woman involved.

He remained single for about 2 years after.

Reactions: 3
My brother has his own house and split up with a girlfriend because he just didn't feel the same anymore and didn't see a future with her, despite being together for 4 or 5 years and there wasn't another woman involved.

Yeah, many women do it, so i don't see why men are any different tbh.

Not quite the same scenario, but my partner and I actually split up and then got back together, and it did us the world of good!

For us though, it was more separate issues that we needed to deal with, rather than a lack of love or either of us seeing anyone else. I’d say that for it to work you need to be really open with each other and figure out what you want from the break, and what the terms and conditions are. If he suggests that seeing other people, I feel like it’s an excuse to sleep with someone else.
My boyfriend and I split up during lockdown, I’d really like to know how long you and your partner split up before getting back together? Of course every one is different but did you both stop all communications during this time? We’ve been seeing each other 3 x per week for weeks which hasn’t allowed either of us to really see what life is like without each other. But I suspect it’s what we need in order to actually see how much we mean to each other.

My boyfriend and I split up during lockdown, I’d really like to know how long you and your partner split up before getting back together? Of course every one is different but did you both stop all communications during this time? We’ve been seeing each other 3 x per week for weeks which hasn’t allowed either of us to really see what life is like without each other. But I suspect it’s what we need in order to actually see how much we mean to each other.
For us, we broke up at the end of July and had just over a month of no contact at all, blocked from social media etc. Then from the end of August/early September to January ish we started to regain contact, friendly conversations, unblocked on social media, and started spending time together as friends at the end of Jan, talking through our issues and figuring out what we both wanted, then got back together early April.

Long process but we’ve been back together over two years and our relationship is better than it ever was! Best of luck to you, I hope you get the outcome that you’re looking for.

For us, we broke up at the end of July and had just over a month of no contact at all, blocked from social media etc. Then from the end of August/early September to January ish we started to regain contact, friendly conversations, unblocked on social media, and started spending time together as friends at the end of Jan, talking through our issues and figuring out what we both wanted, then got back together early April.

Long process but we’ve been back together over two years and our relationship is better than it ever was! Best of luck to you, I hope you get the outcome that you’re looking for.
My now-husband and I had similar about 11 years ago. We split up because we both had separate issues to work on. Stayed apart for about 9 months with occasional contact. Saw other people but came back together when we were ready. We are now married with a child so when something similar reared its head a couple of years ago, a split wasn’t really an option so we went to counselling together and that was really good for us

Thank you for sharing!! I’m so happy for you both.
I bet that required a lot of strength during that time apart. But ultimately it was for the best! ❤

I think it’s time for me to do the same. We’ve had an absolutely amazing time as ‘friends’ recently but I need commitment and security and I think time away will tell us if this is the man that can give that to me.

Not quite the same scenario, but my partner and I actually split up and then got back together, and it did us the world of good!

For us though, it was more separate issues that we needed to deal with, rather than a lack of love or either of us seeing anyone else. I’d say that for it to work you need to be really open with each other and figure out what you want from the break, and what the terms and conditions are. If he suggests that seeing other people, I feel like it’s an excuse to sleep with someone else.
Me and my partner did this too. Had about 18 months apart. Lived separate and had separate lifes.

Got back together about 2 years ago. I think the time appart made us really appreciate each other and he's alot more hands on the before.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Do you honestly think he will be wanting to rent a place totally by himself/get a mortgage/ and pay all the bills alone, having to do everything for himself with little company or anything else? Most of my friends have been separated/divorced more than once etc and I've never know a man to leave his girlfriend/wife to live as a single man ever. They all without exception have someone else. Sorry I know is hard.
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This happened to me ,I genuinely believe my ex left me but there was no one else involved .He was still an hole and had issues but I firmly believe no one else was involved .Yes it happens and it’s common that men will leave for another woman ,maybe 9/10 but it’s not always the case so the op shouldn’t assume without good reason

• Heart
Honestly in my opinion you either want to be with someone or you don’t. All or nothing. Relationships are like being on a roller coaster at times and it’s not always lovey dovey and good times things happen and sometimes things aren’t great. I’ve been with my now husband for 8 years and we have been through some tough times and have started to drift apart and at point I thought the love had gone at one time or another due to things happening with work, mental health issues etc but we always manage to get through it and we are a stronger couple because of it. We’ve never taken a break, if it was ever suggested that would be it end of

Reactions: 6
I got broken up with during lockdown, been together 5 years. It was unexpected for me (we’d had our rows due to constantly being in each other’s space during lockdown but took separate walks etc and made up). 4 months on, I’m still heartbroken and miss him. He does text me and has mentioned meeting up (I still have some of my things at his place) but I just don’t feel ready to see him yet. I hope I can meet up with him as the break up was all on his terms.

Me and my partner did this too. Had about 18 months apart. Lived separate and had separate lifes.

Got back together about 2 years ago. I think the time appart made us really appreciate each other and he's alot more hands on the before.
This is really interesting to hear - did you both go with other people in this time if you dont mind me asking? If so, how did you deal with that? As thats something that has always bothered me, I always feel i cannot go back to someone who has slept with someone else in a time apart - however I am an overthinker.

I got broken up with during lockdown, been together 5 years. It was unexpected for me (we’d had our rows due to constantly being in each other’s space during lockdown but took separate walks etc and made up). 4 months on, I’m still heartbroken and miss him. He does text me and has mentioned meeting up (I still have some of my things at his place) but I just don’t feel ready to see him yet. I hope I can meet up with him as the break up was all on his terms.
Sorry to hear this! This is the issue and ive had it done to me before, they stay in touch with the odd text here and there to make sure that they are still on your mind so that you dont fully move on - and that really isnt fair. How are you? x

Sorry to hear this! This is the issue and ive had it done to me before, they stay in touch with the odd text here and there to make sure that they are still on your mind so that you dont fully move on - and that really isnt fair. How are you? x
I’m OK, good and bad days! It’s weird just going from being together all the time to nothing, no contact. The urge to text back is there but I’m staying strong. His loss!

This is really interesting to hear - did you both go with other people in this time if you dont mind me asking? If so, how did you deal with that? As thats something that has always bothered me, I always feel i cannot go back to someone who has slept with someone else in a time apart - however I am an overthinker.
We only went on a few dates each and then I think we soon realised the grass isn't always greeneryou just need to water your own grass.

• Heart
I’m OK, good and bad days! It’s weird just going from being together all the time to nothing, no contact. The urge to text back is there but I’m staying strong. His loss!
So strong! you should be really proud of yourself as thats really strong to not text back! do you think he has changed his mind?