Relationship Break.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Alot of people have said that, and now my mind wonders....

Maybe I'm just kidding myself that all will be okay next week.
Ultimately, no one else is in your relationship and every relationship is different. I know I keep some things from my family and friends about my husbands behavior because they would judge him and that is not their place when he has mental health episodes.

You know your partner better than anyone, and if you don't to me that's a red flag all of its own. Why do you think he needed the break? What has he been doing on the break? I agree with what other have said, it is very rare for a man to leave his current partner to be single. I know men who have been dumped and have a new partner in weeks and all the other who left had someone else in the wings. Men are generally lazy and why would they leave to be on their own unless they had something else lined up. Also, I find that most men spend so long in their heads by the time they have spoke to you about the issues the relationship is over and has been for a while in their minds.

I hope it all works out for you, but be prepared it may not have the outcome you want. Take some time to focus on you, your life and what you want rather than waiting for him to decide if he want to be in it with you.

Reactions: 3
Ultimately, no one else is in your relationship and every relationship is different. I know I keep some things from my family and friends about my husbands behavior because they would judge him and that is not their place when he has mental health episodes.

You know your partner better than anyone, and if you don't to me that's a red flag all of its own. Why do you think he needed the break? What has he been doing on the break? I agree with what other have said, it is very rare for a man to leave his current partner to be single. I know men who have been dumped and have a new partner in weeks and all the other who left had someone else in the wings. Men are generally lazy and why would they leave to be on their own unless they had something else lined up. Also, I find that most men spend so long in their heads by the time they have spoke to you about the issues the relationship is over and has been for a while in their minds.

I hope it all works out for you, but be prepared it may not have the outcome you want. Take some time to focus on you, your life and what you want rather than waiting for him to decide if he want to be in it with you.
He said that the reason for the breaks was for sort things out in his life as in financial worries, problems with his ex those sorts of things. I don't really wanna go into it too much as it's personal to our relationship.

Ultimately I won't know intill Monday, I've had no reason to suspect their is someone else as he has always been open with his phone and never hides it.

I'm using this time to get myself in order and figure things out for myself but if it's the end their isn't much I can do. Accepting it will be hard but life goes on.

Reactions: 1
How long have you been together? Did you get together while he was still with his ex or just after? Was it a rebound relationship on his part?

3 months officially but was talking way before we got together.
Honestly, if ye are only together three months, and he has already moved in to yours and is having issues with his ex, that is a huge red flag. You guys should still be in the honeymoon phase like, not taking breaks.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
3 months officially but was talking way before we got together.
So you got together during lockdown? Had this discussion with a friend..it’s like men were happy to be in a relationship during lockdown when no pubs etc open but once everything is back open they want their single life back again.

If he said he didn’t love you anymore and wanted a break it sounds to me like he used you during lockdown and now he’s off enjoying the single life again. Sorry to be blunt.

Reactions: 13
So you got together during lockdown? Had this discussion with a friend..it’s like men were happy to be in a relationship during lockdown when no pubs etc open but once everything is back open they want their single life back again.

If he said he didn’t love you anymore and wanted a break it sounds to me like he used you during lockdown and now he’s off enjoying the single life again. Sorry to be blunt.
That wasn't blunt that was a very valid point.

Maybe I need to rethink my options here.

Honestly, if ye are only together three months, and he has already moved in to yours and is having issues with his ex, that is a huge red flag. You guys should still be in the honeymoon phase like, not taking breaks.
Again a very valid point. His ex sees me as a threat and doesn't want him to be happy so makes life difficult for him so he can't see me.

you’ve only been together for 3 months.......

I think you’ve seriously rushed into this. Sorry, but you don’t really know each other. Take the whole thing down a level, and just get to
Know each other. Moving in together so quickly is probably not a great idea either. He sounds like he has lots to work out and get sorted in his own life before he embarks on any kind of relationship with you or anyone else. He needs to get his finances in order - which I would assume have nothing to do with you?
I’m sorry if that sounds blunt but this just all sounds like far too much, far too soon and I think you need to just take a huge step back.

you’ve only been together for 3 months.......

I think you’ve seriously rushed into this. Sorry, but you don’t really know each other. Take the whole thing down a level, and just get to
Know each other. Moving in together so quickly is probably not a great idea either. He sounds like he has lots to work out and get sorted in his own life before he embarks on any kind of relationship with you or anyone else. He needs to get his finances in order - which I would assume have nothing to do with you?
I’m sorry if that sounds blunt but this just all sounds like far too much, far too soon and I think you need to just take a huge step back.
Yeah I agree with you there, I'm quite an intense person when it comes to relationships hence why I was single for so long.

No his finances haven't got anything to do with me.

I did suggest taking a step back and slowing it down, and he agreed.

You weren't blunt at all, sometimes I need people to be straight down the line with me.

Reactions: 1
Oh wow okay, 3 months while the world has been closed is not a true reflection of a relationship. You will have been stuck together more than normal and no able to get out and about. If I'm honest, if he already needs a break then things aren't looking good. Where was he living before he moved in with you? Why did you move in together and no do it distanced?

Also the fact his ex and him has been parted 4 years and she sees you as a threat, a threat to her? If they have parted and shes moved on that shouldn't be the case. Is there something more?

This happened to a friend of mine, her boyfriend left her to sort his finances out due to debt. She said something that stuck with her after he left her and said if he can't cope with a relationship when he has money issues then how will he cope when something bigger comes up.

Reactions: 4
That wasn't blunt that was a very valid point.

Maybe I need to rethink my options here.

Again a very valid point. His ex sees me as a threat and doesn't want him to be happy so makes life difficult for him so he can't see me.
I'd imagine she doesnt see you as a threat but moreso has reservations about her childrens' father moving into what is essentially a strangers home, during lockdown. It doesn't really demonstrate excellent judgement on his part. No offence.

Also, just take it from someone who knows, if there are ex issues in the beginning, especially with a woman who makes life difficult and uses the children as a weapon (which I'm assuming you mean by making life difficult for him) then chances are they won't resolve this over time. Unless of course he is using this time to arrange court ordered access/maintenance etc. But I doubt that is what he means when he says sorting out issues with the ex and finances.

Reactions: 4
Totally agree with some of the comments on here, sounds like there's someone else that he has feelings for. A man never up and leaves unless it's for a reason, trust me. I've seen it happen too many times x

I would waste my time for 3 months being completely honest.

Me and my OH weren’t even a proper couple after 3 months, definitely not in the “I love you” and living together phase.

If there’s drama already then it doesn’t bode well for the future IMO.

Hi OP

In my experience, when people move in together too soon those are the relationships that tend to crash and burn. 3 months ago he was pretty much a stranger, it's only a matter of weeks. At 3 months you should still be in the excited to see each other and going on dates phase, not splitting the household bills and grocery shopping phase. It's not surprising to be overwhelmed

If I were you I'd pull back and see what happens. He'll either come running back or he won't, either way you'll know. But please don't try to fix it, or chase him. Pull back and concentrate on yourself and living your own life, as hard as it might be.

I hope it all works out for you xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I feel men are a bit like monkeys? They don’t let go of a branch before they have there hands on the next one

I feel men are a bit like monkeys? They don’t let go of a branch before they have their hands on the next one
*their!!!

Reactions: 7