Refusing the Covid 19 vaccine & general vaccine conversation.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How are you going to stop the transmission if you don't even know you have the disease ,even if you did there's no possible way to stop an air borne virus unless you live in a bubble of purified air .
having the vaccine means you're much less likely to get it.

Less likely to get it? Less chance you have of transmitting it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Everyone is entitled to make their own choices when it comes to this new vaccine. It’s so new that there isn’t enough evidence to show how it would affect the people or children of pregnant women in the next five years.. it’s too new… there is no right or wrong here

Reactions: 18

🤷‍♀️ "A growing body of evidence indicates that people fully vaccinated with an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna) are less likely to have asymptomatic infection or to transmit SARS-CoV-2 to others."

Reactions: 8
I've had one and wont be having the other on account of how sick and dizzy it made me feel. I was seriously worried about getting home from town and thought if I pass out on the ground etc then I'll just be either left or robbed.
I also know the amount of people who have been in hospital with it across 3 hospitals here and I think the whole thing has been massively exaggerated. I think its very much a personal decision.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
having the vaccine means you're much less likely to get it.

Less likely to get it? Less chance you have of transmitting it.
The vaccines are based on helping people be less susceptible to covid 19 DISEASE not covid 19 infection .

Reactions: 6
The vaccines are based on helping people be less susceptible to covid 19 DISEASE not covid 19 infection .
" less likely [...] to transmit SARS-CoV-2 to others "

you do you. But personally I'd rather have a vaccine if there's a chance (evidence based, too) that it is helping. I'm not personally losing anything if it doesn't work but the numbers show it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

🤷‍♀️ "A growing body of evidence indicates that people fully vaccinated with an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna) are less likely to have asymptomatic infection or to transmit SARS-CoV-2 to others."
Nothing concrete! This is also a recent study https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2021/06/youth-delta-variant-behind-uk-covid-surge

Reactions: 2
"We can take a lot of comfort in the fact that there does appear to be very good protection in the older age groups, where virtually everyone has been doubly vaccinated"

Mmm ok.
That’s what I’m saying the vaccine protects you so the choice to have rests with yourself! There’s no firm evidence on transmission…
57D814B6-76A7-42A5-80DB-197203D4AC87.jpeg

That’s what I’m saying the vaccine protects you so the choice to have rests with yourself! There’s no firm evidence on transmission…View attachment 626211
Which is why I said earlier that I'd rather have it and know that there's a good chance it does help. Even if it doesn't help with one variant - it's not the only one out there. I've not lost anything by having it if they do confirm it doesn't help transmission. 🤷‍♀️ Like I said earlier, you do you

Herd immunity will eventually get rid of COVID19 - the more of us that are vaccinated the stronger the herd immunity

The top box shows an outbreak in a community in which a few people are infected (shown in red) and the rest are healthy but unimmunized (shown in blue); the illness spreads freely through the population. The middle box shows a population where a small number have been immunized (shown in yellow); those not immunized become infected while those immunized do not. In the bottom box, a large proportion of the population have been immunized; this prevents the illness from spreading significantly, including to unimmunized people. In the first two examples, most healthy unimmunized people become infected, whereas in the bottom example only one fourth of the healthy unimmunized people become infected.

Reactions: 11
Which is why I said earlier that I'd rather have it and know that there's a good chance it does help. Even if it doesn't help with one variant - it's not the only one out there. I've not lost anything by having it if they do confirm it doesn't help transmission. 🤷‍♀️ Like I said earlier, you do you
You claimed it cut down on the risk of getting covid that’s not true, how do you know I haven’t had the vaccines? You’re the one making unsubstantiated claims ,if people don’t want to have it they’re perfectly within their rights to do so , even the people that are pregnant and getting jumped on have a right to make an informed choice for themselves and their baby without people calling them selfish.

Herd immunity will eventually get rid of COVID19 - the more of us that are vaccinated the stronger the herd immunity

330px-Herd_immunity.svg.png

The top box shows an outbreak in a community in which a few people are infected (shown in red) and the rest are healthy but unimmunized (shown in blue); the illness spreads freely through the population. The middle box shows a population where a small number have been immunized (shown in yellow); those not immunized become infected while those immunized do not. In the bottom box, a large proportion of the population have been immunized; this prevents the illness from spreading significantly, including to unimmunized people. In the first two examples, most healthy unimmunized people become infected, whereas in the bottom example only one fourth of the healthy unimmunized people become infected.
The don’t know if herd immunity is possible with covid because of the nature of the virus.Brazil has now entered their third wave and look at the many people there have been reinfected.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
You claimed it cut down on the risk of getting covid that’s not true, how do you know I haven’t had the vaccines? You’re the one making unsubstantiated claims ,if people don’t want to have it they’re perfectly within their rights to do so , even the people that are pregnant and getting jumped on have a right to make an informed choice for themselves and their baby without people calling them selfish.
I never said anything negative about anyone not having it and never implied it wasn't within their rights 🤷‍♀️

So did I follow all the rules completely and still got it. It’s a highly infectious disease. I don’t understand why anyone working in healthcare would want to put their patients at risk.
What if the patient / care home resident refuses the vaccine ??
also so so many of the people vulnerable to the virus have had the jab so they are protected anyway of becoming seriously ill

Reactions: 4
I'm not having it as I'm breastfeeding and as you said earlier there is no long term data. Too many people have just jumped to get vaccinated without thinking it through. Yes, noone wants to die from covid or for others to, but without sounding blunt thousands die from flu every Year and the flu vaccine isn't pushed like this one has been. I've spoken to many others who would never normally get flu vaccine every flu season who feel like they have been forced to get covid vaccine so they can go on holiday, get back to normal etc. In my view if you don't have a reason to get the flu jab there's no need to get covid jab
Seems dependent on where you live. I know from living in the UK, the flu shot is only recommended for immunocompromised/older people. But where I live (Canada) they push the flu shot for everyone, from young kids to adults. And this is not a new thing. There are adverts (tv, radio, billboards) about the flu shot every year. Pharmacies do it for free for everybody.

Reactions: 1
Seems dependent on where you live. I know from living in the UK, the flu shot is only recommended for immunocompromised/older people. But where I live (Canada) they push the flu shot for everyone, from young kids to adults. And this is not a new thing. There are adverts (tv, radio, billboards) about the flu shot every year. Pharmacies do it for free for everybody.
Anyone can have the flu shot in my area, you dont have to be old etc. Chemists even have it on the window, come in and get it now free flu jab etc.(U.K)

Because it's not a fully tested vaccine. No long term data.
It's no different to any other vaccine then. Jesus wept.

Fair enough if people chose not to get vaccinated. However they will also have to realise that travelling will probably be off limits for non vaccinated people and businesses have every right to bar non vaccinated people aswell. This freedom to chose works both ways.

I find it hard to understand that people who have put God knows what into their bodies have a problem with something designed to save lives but anyway as long as they realise the above that's fine

However anyone working in health care who doesn't want it, is in the wrong job.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
It's no different to any other vaccine then. Jesus wept.

Fair enough if people chose not to get vaccinated. However they will also have to realise that travelling will probably be off limits for non vaccinated people and businesses have every right to bar non vaccinated people aswell. This freedom to chose works both ways.

I find it hard to understand that people who have put God knows what into their bodies have a problem with something designed to save lives but anyway as long as they realise the above that's fine

However anyone working in health care who doesn't want it, is in the wrong job.
What if it’s the other way around and it’s the patient /elderly resident that chooses not to have the vaccine! Surly it works both ways and they can be kicked out of a nursing home or refused treatment in care settings then ?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.