Refusing the Covid 19 vaccine & general vaccine conversation.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not having it. My reason may seem stupid but I have always reacted badly to the normal flu jab in that im usually ill for a few days and I just don't want to make myself ill.
Just to say I always get ill of the flu jab (although I would still take that over getting covid/long covid) and I had no side effects bar a mild sore arms after both my jabs

Reactions: 8
I'm not having it. My reason may seem stupid but I have always reacted badly to the normal flu jab in that im usually ill for a few days and I just don't want to make myself ill.
I’m always Ill after my flu jab each year which is why I requested both covid jabs to be first thing on a Saturday morning . Sure enough I got the aches and the sweats and the dizziness but I wasn’t arsed because it was over the weekend , just meant I stayed in bed and caught up on Netflix

Reactions: 9
I'm not having it cause I'm recently pregnant and I don't want it to get messed up. I've read it changes lots of women's periods so who knows what could happen.. don't want to miscarry

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 38
I'm not having it cause I'm recently pregnant and I don't want it to get messed up. I've read it changes lots of women's periods so who knows what could happen.. don't want to miscarry
There is no evidence for it affecting menstrual cycles or causing miscarriages, please don’t scare people. Since you’re recently pregnant, that’s a good enough reason but why speculate. I’m outta this thread, makes my blood boil 😭

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 91
There is no evidence for it affecting menstrual cycles or causing miscarriages, please don’t scare people. Since you’re recently pregnant, that’s a good enough reason but why speculate. I’m outta this thread, makes my blood boil 😭
I have to speculate cause I'm in a situation where I don't know what to do. I've been reading up on it and I'm still not sure about having it. I know there's no evidence because they haven't done any testing on women who are pregnant and why would those women want to be tested on... Lots of women have reported period changes though, some have got way better, less heavy and less pain but some have reported the opposite so I'm thinking if it has an impact on that then ... What else could be impacted? I'm not trying to scare anyone, I'm just saying I don't know what to do and for these reasons.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
I have to speculate cause I'm in a situation where I don't know what to do. I've been reading up on it and I'm still not sure about having it. I know there's no evidence because they haven't done any testing on women who are pregnant and why would those women want to be tested on... Lots of women have reported period changes though, some have got way better, less heavy and less pain but some have reported the opposite so I'm thinking if it has an impact on that then ... What else could be impacted? I'm not trying to scare anyone, I'm just saying I don't know what to do and for these reasons.
Okay, good luck Zoe 👍

Reactions: 4
A lot of people are using the ‘there’s no long term data’ excuse but how would that even matter and how would that even be possible? It’s a new vaccine for a shiny new pandemic?!

Come for me if you want but I honestly think those who are able to get it and are choosing not to are really stupid. Of course those with health issues, pregnancies, breastfeeding etc. aside.

I highly doubt there’d be a vaccine released into the world that was gonna kill us all, put microchips in us or turn us into bastard frogs. It’s a bit wild that people are so weary of it and wondering why we’re all encouraged to get it thinking that there’s some ulterior motive behind it. I think people spend way too much time on Facebook reading their conspiracy theories.

Personally I was overjoyed to finally be invited to get my first one, which I did within 2 days of my age group being announced and I’ll be just as overjoyed for my second one. The last year and a half has been absolute torture for everyone and if this is our way out then jab my deltoids with your vaccine babes I’m ready for normal xo

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 101
Or another scenario, catch Covid, no worse than a bad cold and test positive repeatedly for antibodies. They say you can catch Covid more than once, having friends and family all around the world the only people I know who caught covid are the five colleagues who caught with myself. If I catch it again I'm guessing it is the same chance of me winning the Euro millions jackpot!🤑
I know a number of people who have caught it twice and I can assure you none of them have won the Euromillions. For your sake I hope you don’t catch it again but I think you are severely underestimating the situation.

Reactions: 29
A lot of people are using the ‘there’s no long term data’ excuse but how would that even matter and how would that even be possible? It’s a new vaccine for a shiny new pandemic?!

Come for me if you want but I honestly think those who are able to get it and are choosing not to are really stupid. Of course those with health issues, pregnancies, breastfeeding etc. aside.

I highly doubt there’d be a vaccine released into the world that was gonna kill us all, put microchips in us or turn us into bastard frogs. It’s a bit wild that people are so weary of it and wondering why we’re all encouraged to get it thinking that there’s some ulterior motive behind it. I think people spend way too much time on Facebook reading their conspiracy theories.

Personally I was overjoyed to finally be invited to get my first one, which I did within 2 days of my age group being announced and I’ll be just as overjoyed for my second one. The last year and a half has been absolute torture for everyone and if this is our way out then jab my deltoids with your vaccine babes I’m ready for normal xo
Everyone is not a CT ,people have their own concerns around taking endless vaccines and drugs possibly for the rest of their lives as a means of controlling the virus,the government portraying once people our vaccinated life will return to how it was before is a myth the new normal will be with us a long time .

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Or another scenario, catch Covid, no worse than a bad cold and test positive repeatedly for antibodies. They say you can catch Covid more than once, having friends and family all around the world the only people I know who caught covid are the five colleagues who caught with myself. If I catch it again I'm guessing it is the same chance of me winning the Euro millions jackpot!🤑
Yeah you’re wrong. A family friend is currently in hospital with covid, this is the second time he has had it. First time he was fine just a little bit fluey but this time round he’s seriously unwell. He’s under 25 so wasn’t able to have the vaccine at the time he fell ill, they announced under 25s could have the vaccine the day he was admitted into hospital.

Please stop spreading this kind of false information it could be really damaging to some people. You may think you’re invincible but believe me love, you really aren’t

• Heart
Reactions: 50

This! I respect others decision not to have it, particularly if they have a medical reason, but it’s when they spread BS and lies that they’ve read on Facebook that it really bothers me.

Or complain that they’ll still have to wear a mask, can’t do certain things etc. Like, that’s on you.

Reactions: 36
Everyone is not a CT ,people have their own concerns around taking endless vaccines and drugs possibly for the rest of their lives as a means of controlling the virus,the government portraying once people our vaccinated life will return to how it was before is a myth the new normal will be with us a long time .
God, yeah, you’re right actually. There is really point vaccinating to reduce the severity of this disease, since it’ll still be around anyway, we might as well let it run rampant and kill people. duck it, let’s also bring back small pox for a laugh!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 29
We all take long term medication at some point in our lives whether that be contraceptives, medication for long term illnesses even paracetamol when we have a headache. I don’t understand why people are so concerned when this has clearly gone through rigorous testing and wouldn’t be so widely encouraged if it was actually dangerous. People will happily get their annual flu jab, no questions asked, but I highly doubt they know anything about what’s in it, any ‘long term data’. They just go, get their jab and leave.

As for the government, they couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery. They got it wrong, they’ve extended lockdown due to a new variant which is shite. However, why should their failings be a reason why people won’t get a vaccine? Like you refusing to get it is gonna make them go ‘oh sorry there’s your night out and your holiday to Benidorm’ it’s just crazy. I’d rather have to socially distance for a bit longer, have both my jabs and know that if I do catch it I won’t be hospitalised but each to their own you do you.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
If people don’t want to get the jab, then fair enough. If you work in care/health I do think it’s a bit selfish, but whatever - it is your decision.

What I have an issue with is people not getting it and spreading false information about why they’re not getting it

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 46
God, yeah, you’re right actually. There is really point vaccinating to reduce the severity of this disease, since it’ll still be around anyway, we might as well let it run rampant and kill people. duck it, let’s also bring back small pox for a laugh!
The vaccine may stop those that have it getting severe disease that doesn’t mean those that don’t want it should be mandated to have it !

We all take long term medication at some point in our lives whether that be contraceptives, medication for long term illnesses even paracetamol when we have a headache. I don’t understand why people are so concerned when this has clearly gone through rigorous testing and wouldn’t be so widely encouraged if it was actually dangerous. People will happily get their annual flu jab, no questions asked, but I highly doubt they know anything about what’s in it, any ‘long term data’. They just go, get their jab and leave.

As for the government, they couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery. They got it wrong, they’ve extended lockdown due to a new variant which is shite. However, why should their failings be a reason why people won’t get a vaccine? Like you refusing to get it is gonna make them go ‘oh sorry there’s your night out and your holiday to Benidorm’ it’s just crazy. I’d rather have to socially distance for a bit longer, have both my jabs and know that if I do catch it I won’t be hospitalised but each to their own you do you.
My point is people shouldn’t be forced to have it, why should I take a vaccine to help you have a piss up in Benidorm 🙄

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 32
The point about the long term data is that noone knows the true reaction to having it for some. Yes some will have no issues after it but some have had major side effects. Thalidomide was a major issue for pregnant women and I bet everyone took that thinking it would help morning sickness with no second thought

I've had both vaccines because I feel enough people have been vaccinated now to identify any major issues (the blood clotting issue is tiny and may not even be the cause). I'd also rather risk getting side effects than potentially getting covid and dying from it.

That said, I'm not going to tell anyone else what to do. Each person should weigh it up themselves. Take it or don't take it, I won't harrass you and I don't want to be harrassed either. Easy. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The vaccine may stop those that have it getting severe disease that doesn’t mean those that don’t want it should be mandated to have it !

My point is people shouldn’t be forced to have it, why should I take a vaccine to help you have a piss up in Benidorm 🙄
I don’t want a piss up in Benidorm hun I just want to not be hospitalised with covid. You brought up the fact the government have backtracked so that told me you were wanting your piss up or normal life. I think it should be mandatory for healthcare workers because they’re in the thick of it and have a higher risk of contracting it. I don’t know why there’s such an argument against it, if there was a jab to cure cancer would we have this much backlash?

• Heart
Reactions: 26
The point about the long term data is that noone knows the true reaction to having it for some. Yes some will have no issues after it but some have had major side effects. Thalidomide was a major issue for pregnant women and I bet everyone took that thinking it would help morning sickness with no second thought
You can’t really compare Thalidomide to the covid vaccine. Testing and regulations for drug approval has SIGNIFICANTLY changed since the 1950s.

Who’s being mandated to have it? If you’re referring to healthcare workers, they’re mandated to have a number of vaccines and screening tests before they start work. A healthcare worker who does not want the vaccine should not work with patients, it’s pretty simple.

• Heart
  • Angry
Of course ! the pregnancy could carry on as normal that doesn’t mean the child won’t be affected, up until Feb/March the Government didn’t want pregnant,breastfeeding or those trying to conceive to have the vaccines they looked at the data from the US which still doesn’t guarantee anything…

I don’t want a piss up in Benidorm hun I just want to not be hospitalised with covid. You brought up the fact the government have backtracked so that told me you were wanting your piss up or normal life. I think it should be mandatory for healthcare workers because they’re in the thick of it and have a higher risk of contracting it. I don’t know why there’s such an argument against it, if there was a jab to cure cancer would we have this much backlash?
Exactly !if you want it you should have it !

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.