Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MojitoMel

Chatty Member
I'd say he feels fucked over by Bauer to be honest. But they were never going to keep such a poor combination of presenters on breakfast, it was always going to be them going after a big name with experience. It was a huge error to put 3 unlikeable inexperienced rookies in the breakfast show slot.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

MojitoMel

Chatty Member
Honestly as a presenter I think Ciara is lacking, she's more of a news reader vibe to me, the only person who finds Laura funny is Laura herself, and I just feel very sorry for Rob, he sounds like he hasn't a clue what's going on, not a voice for radio at all.

Reactions: 8

Beavana

VIP Member
First time starting thread on here so here goes.....

Kinda got to like Laura little bit during lockdown with ray - but that might be Stockholm syndrome!

Ciara is ok I think, great radio voice but be better on her own.

Why did they bring rob in?? He's such an annoying arrogant prick. What does he bring? Nothing. And then on International Women's Day - the 3 of them on IG yet HE does all the talking to promote that day! WTF!

Reactions: 7

MojitoMel

Chatty Member
I would imagine replacing the whole lot of them , I can’t see KC working with them , definetly not Rob anyway
I agree with this. To get KC back is a huge coup for red, esp when breakfast listener figures are so poor. He's an excellent broadcaster and no way will he compromise by working with them. The other 3 must be mortified
---
Red have released a statement saying Ciara and Laura are staying but wouldn't comment on Rob. But I'm taking it to mean they are staying with the station not the breakfast show

Last edited:

Beavana

VIP Member
Just read KC is meant to be leaving 96fm, and going back to Redfm breakfast! Hopefully they'll get rid of those 3 fucking enjoys now 🤞🤞

• Wow
  • Heart

MojitoMel

Chatty Member
Well my boss was on holidays so we were able to change the station. I'm no Ross Browne fan and cannot stand the English newsreader they bring in, but 96 are putting together a way better breakfast show, you can tell they are planning behind the scenes.
So back to red on Monday and it actually put me in bad form. It's dragging the whole station down. They are now planning a school tour with listeners, which as a concept isn't a bad idea but imagine being stuck on a bus with those 3 esp dreary Ciara the dullest person on earth.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

MojitoMel

Chatty Member
Well, red breakfast is down 5k listeners and 96fm is up 5k, so thats a clear message of where the audience went to.... Big red breakfast promo incoming now I'm sure to try and claw back listeners.

MojitoMel

Chatty Member
Omg I was on hols and had a lovely break from them but after nearly 3 weeks not having to listen, I dunno is it worse they are getting or was it just the break makes it feel like that.
Rob shouting g'wan kaaaaayyyra and g'wan Laaawwwwwra at the computer screen on insta is horrific

• Haha

MojitoMel

Chatty Member
Ironic that rob and Laura have both done separate interviews this week alleging they left red FM FFS...lads ye were sacked for providing on of the worst radio shows in existence ...own it
I was at the Jokes for Strokes last week in the everyman. Laura was on the bill. And half her set was bitching about red fm. Very ironic for someone who preaches soundness she just can't seem to let go of her bitterness. But herself and rob are not relevant unless they are whinging about red fm.

Sidenote Ciara going Morning Handsome to the hostage on the beach this morning gave me a huge ick

Gifted!

VIP Member
Did KC announce on 96fm he was leaving? -

Mick Mulcahy is on for the next few weeks as Ross is on holidays. Maybe I missed it.

Thanks.
96fm announced Ross was going to be doing the breakfast show with Lorraine!
Rob announced that red fm that is part of the GERMAN company Bauer media is replacing him with MAYO MAN KC! He seems to think that just because he is from Cork he should be on the radio presenting! (The caps were emphasising the way Rob gave his little goodbye speech

• Wow

MojitoMel

Chatty Member
My ears are bleeding, how red fm put this line up in place as their best offering, like is it too much to ask for a bright bantery show in the morning. I just find this bleak and dull

OK. Last one. Just saw their awkward insta story, Ciara is just so beige, but like wtf the hack of Laura, if I showed up to work.like that I'd be pulled into a meeting and I don't see anyone besides my co workers. I wouldn't go on my personal socials like that never mind the redfm one.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5

MojitoMel

Chatty Member
Its pitiful how bad they are and they are getting worse. How anyone with authority is putting that shit on air is beyond me, you wouldn't hear it on community radio. At what point do a radio station actually take on board that it's shit
All the comments on the rap thing on insta were deleted bar the 2 positive ones. They are flat out deleting all negative comments about them on fb and insta

MojitoMel

Chatty Member
Lads I've had enough of this absolute car crash I'm on the verge of emailing in, they have a complaints email address and I'm so tempted 🤬
It's getting worse by the day I am in bad form every morning over it😂

• Haha

lil_sox

Chatty Member
I’m fully transitioned over to 2fm now, my kids love Donnacha and Karl so I won’t be switching back…I did love KC back in the day but he’s never been as good again as he was when he presented with Lenny..