Red FM breakfast show/ team

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
First time starting thread on here so here goes.....

Kinda got to like Laura little bit during lockdown with ray - but that might be Stockholm syndrome!

Ciara is ok I think, great radio voice but be better on her own.

Why did they bring rob in?? He's such an annoying arrogant prick. What does he bring? Nothing. And then on International Women's Day - the 3 of them on IG yet HE does all the talking to promote that day! WTF!

Reactions: 7
Honestly as a presenter I think Ciara is lacking, she's more of a news reader vibe to me, the only person who finds Laura funny is Laura herself, and I just feel very sorry for Rob, he sounds like he hasn't a clue what's going on, not a voice for radio at all.

Reactions: 8
Very true. Ray was brilliant and they should have gone after someone big (or someone with bit of presenting behind them, not just someone who's good at walking and is from cork 😂)

Reactions: 3
Well I have commented on another thread that this kind of selection wouldn't inspire you to go and do a broadcasting course, or if you have done a course it wouldn't give you much hope of getting an industry job

Very true. Ray was brilliant and they should have gone after someone big (or someone with bit of presenting behind them, not just someone who's good at walking and is from cork 😂)
Ray might have been good on this but he's absolutely shite on today fm, he's in his late forties yet acting like a 20yr old idiot..🤬🤬

Reactions: 2
Ray might have been good on this but he's absolutely shite on today fm, he's in his late forties yet acting like a 20yr old idiot..🤬🤬
haven’t really listened since gone back to today fm, I did once and he seemed to have changed his tone, etc. or I’m wrong amd was always shite 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
It's very amateur and forced

Also, I got such a turn off Laura after seeing the video of her ranting and calling redfm listeners bastards a couple of weeks ago. If you are in the radio and people don't like what they hear, they are entitled say so.

Last edited:
  • Wow
It's very amateur and forced

Also, I got such a turn off Laura after seeing the video of her ranting and calling redfm listeners bastards a couple of weeks ago. If you are in the radio and people don't like what they hear, they are entitled say so.
Oh it's awkwardly forced, everything about it - I listened at start for little bit but no I can't.
Follow Ciara on IG and anything with the other 2 is so forced it's cringey. Maybe they'll gel but don't think it's going to change.

Didn't see that video of her??

Ya they must be getting a lot of texts in to the show with negative opinions, cause she said people being bastards texting in doesn't help the situation and stuck her fingers up. But like texting in is the only way of giving an opinion to a radio show good or bad so suck it up buttercup.
I'd say the powers that be saw it and she surely got spoken to.
But I agree insta with the 3 of them is cringe its like they don't gel at all

Laura is the least funniest person in the world and so dull it’s just not for her! She does have a face for radio however

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Laura is the least funniest person in the world and so dull it’s just not for her! She does have a face for radio however
How does she class herself as a comedian, she cannot tell a story, and has yet to deliver any form of anecdote on air.

#Bringbackray! I liked Laura with Ray, I liked Laura on her own Insta until this gig but the show is all so awkwardly forced. Ciara is fake as duck & a tit ‘lead’ presenter. Totally agree that Rob is made to look like a fool. The whole show today was cringe af

How bad was the show this morning?? Anything particular or just all tit as usual 😂

haven’t really listened since gone back to today fm, I did once and he seemed to have changed his tone, etc. or I’m wrong amd was always shite 😂
My kids LOVED ray. Listened every morning on the way to school, used to be giving out getting out of the car coz they wanted to listen to him… so one day we were on a bit of a drive after 3 so said I’d throw on Tay on today fm for them…my kids refused to believe me that it was ray Foley. Wouldn’t accept that it was him at all 😂 so he’s deffo fine something with his voice/tone. Think he’s not being himself in the new job.. whereas he came across genuine on the breakfast show?

He made Laura bearable I think….

And as for the insta videos they post….Jesus

Edit… *ray *done something. goddamn these fat fingers 🙈

How bad was the show this morning?? Anything particular or just all tit as usual 😂
I had it on in the background this morning thinking first day back to school runs we will see what it’s like and the first thing I heard was jooolie pissed as a fart roaring and Laura telling every bit of the concert. Turned it off after that

• Haha
I've text in to Dave Mac as he is their boss, and in fairness he replied saying they weren't going for craic and banter they wanted a warmth to the show but he did say it's important to get feedback that they welcome it, so at least they are taking on board any comments sent in. But to be honest I need the banter to get me in good form. If I wanted warmth I'd turn on the heating.

My kids LOVED ray. Listened every morning on the way to school, used to be giving out getting out of the car coz they wanted to listen to him… so one day we were on a bit of a drive after 3 so said I’d throw on Tay on today fm for them…my kids refused to believe me that it was ray Foley. Wouldn’t accept that it was him at all 😂 so he’s deffo fine something with his voice/tone. Think he’s not being himself in the new job.. whereas he came across genuine on the breakfast show?

He made Laura bearable I think….

And as for the insta videos they post….Jesus

Edit… *ray *done something. goddamn these fat fingers 🙈

I had it on in the background this morning thinking first day back to school runs we will see what it’s like and the first thing I heard was jooolie pissed as a fart roaring and Laura telling every bit of the concert. Turned it off after that
Ray definitely only needed Laura for reactions rather than content so she was harmless enough in that regard. But to expect her to step up as a presenter is asking too much of her. And I know it's radio, but her grooming is appalling, you need to be marketable, she's like a knacker most days.

I think on today fm ray is under huge pressure in that slot, he's up against the 2 Johnnie's who have a massive fan base. So he probably sounds different to when he was doing red breakfast from his spare room.

Also pls be prepped for many notifications here between 7&9 when I'm seething at my desk, apologies in advance.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Fair play to Dave Mac, I like him he seems sound. Didn't realize he was their boss??

And I think a breakfast show should be craic and banter at that time of morning for listeners

Ya I found that out after the rant Laura put up, one of the lads here emailed the station and it was Dave who replied, and his email signature had program director in it.

Morning welcome to my Ted talk.
I just noticed there they are constantly asking people to send in what's app voice notes and never ever seem to play any🤔

Last edited:
It's weird alrite, unless they get sent in voice notes of people saying they're rubbish.

It's really annoying as all the stations in morning annoy me now, starting to think it's me + old age setting in lol

Wonder will they broadcast redfm breakfast from pairc UI chaoimh for ed in cork, weird they sent them to Dublin