Recovering addict couple

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They are a couple on tiktok with 35k followers. One of them has struggled with all kinds of substance addictions and is now on methadone and doing very very well in that respect however I wanted to make a thread to discuss them as they are a lesbian couple and the lady who is currently on the methadone and her partner who has admitted she is trying to fix her own addictions without methadone, they are trying for a baby via donor sperm and insemination. I don’t think it’s right they are actively trying for a baby while she is only 80 days into recovery on methadone, surely any prescriber wouldn’t advise trying to get pregnant on methadone? I like them as a couple but feel they aren’t making good choices here and wondered if anyone else thought the same

Reactions: 5
I’m so glad you’ve made this thread, I was searching for one the other day. Their lives always come up on my FYP. It’s so good they’re overcoming addictions but sometimes I get slightly off vibes with them; their lives always descend into them reading comments and getting pissed off and turning aggy with the chat/shouting over each other to reply to comments/ending the live etc. Nobody should troll of course but unfortunately you do get this with social media and whilst not welcome is unfortunately to be expected. I agree it just doesn’t feel like the best time to be trying to conceive.

Reactions: 1
I’ve been looking for somewhere to discuss them! I do think they’ve done well but I certainly don’t think it’s the right situation for a baby. They are on live every other week crying for money!

Reactions: 2
Oh I’m glad someone has made this thread! I really liked them at first, but the more I watch the more i think there is something off about them. They seem fake. And I can’t my head round how they’re on live so much. I also can’t see how having a baby while taking methadone is great. Surely baby would be born addicted?

I keep feeling like they are building up to a go fund me and begging for money for one thing or another.

Reactions: 4
I can’t stand them they are begs. Every thing leads into them getting gifts and money.. that’s what they are about getting as much out of people!

Live again. Begging for money. Responding to hate comments. It’s just a constant cycle.

So glad there is a thread as I was just coming to make one so thank you 🙏🏼.Just saw the video of them upset because they aren’t pregnant 🤦🏼‍♀️. I can’t believe they are even trying before she’s given up the methadone, why tf would you want your baby to be born with withdrawals as that’s exactly what would happen. I’m in recovery myself, I was addicted to opiates for many years and finally got substitute medication (subutex not methadone) 83 days is amazing but nowhere near long enough to start trying for a baby. Stopping using when you have a substitute is the easy part, learning to live without your substance is bloody hard and when you start reducing and eventually come off your substitute it’s harder again. They need to be completely clean before they think of bringing a child into this. I know methadone is a strong drug but taking it in the morning and looking so out of it in the evening doesn’t seem right, unless she’s still taking other prescribed meds (I took sleeping tablets and didn’t tackle them till I was stable on my substitute). The eyes say a lot in my opinion. I’m not trying to tear them down as addiction is bleeping hard and like I said 83 days is bloody good going but something about them doesn’t sit right with me for some reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
So glad there is a thread as I was just coming to make one so thank you 🙏🏼.Just saw the video of them upset because they aren’t pregnant 🤦🏼‍♀️. I can’t believe they are even trying before she’s given up the methadone, why tf would you want your baby to be born with withdrawals as that’s exactly what would happen. I’m in recovery myself, I was addicted to opiates for many years and finally got substitute medication (subutex not methadone) 83 days is amazing but nowhere near long enough to start trying for a baby. Stopping using when you have a substitute is the easy part, learning to live without your substance is bloody hard and when you start reducing and eventually come off your substitute it’s harder again. They need to be completely clean before they think of bringing a child into this. I know methadone is a strong drug but taking it in the morning and looking so out of it in the evening doesn’t seem right, unless she’s still taking other prescribed meds (I took sleeping tablets and didn’t tackle them till I was stable on my substitute). The eyes say a lot in my opinion. I’m not trying to tear them down as addiction is bleeping hard and like I said 83 days is bloody good going but something about them doesn’t sit right with me for some reason.
I agree. I’ve struggled myself so certainly not knocking them for that. It’s so easy to get sucked into it but they really really shouldn’t be trying for a baby. It’s so so wrong. I wonder if her doctor / prescriber knows her plans?

I agree. I’ve struggled myself so certainly not knocking them for that. It’s so easy to get sucked into it but they really really shouldn’t be trying for a baby. It’s so so wrong. I wonder if her doctor / prescriber knows her plans?
I know my prescriber would not have been happy. I think the fact you and I have struggled is why we can see somethings not right x

Just been blocked! Was just sat in their live and hadn’t said anything. Ah well at least their beggy high as a kite faces won’t pop up on my fyp anymore.

Been waiting for a thread on these two for ages now!

They come up on my fyp regularly for some reason and you can tell she’s still on drugs.

They say she’s tired or feeling down but her eyes are literally rolling in the back of her head sometimes.

tit these two are gonna kick off BIG TIME if they ever see they have a thread here 😂 their mods work over time deleting any comment that isn’t praising them or telling them how wonderful they are so they’re gonna go sick when they there’s a place to discuss them openly 🫣🫣🫣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’ve seen comments saying Gemma already has two kids 🤔 and that they’re both in free sperm donor groups on Facebook yet their viewers sent them money to pay for a donor. When they both first come on tiktok they said they weren’t about money and didn’t want to make anything out of it but they have clearly changed their minds.

They keep insisting that it’s fine for her to take methadone and be pregnant. No it is not. Babies can still be born and go through withdrawal when their mothers have been taking methadone.

Why would you want to put an innocent little baby through one of the worst things imaginable?

Just because one of your followers has commented saying they were on methadone and had a baby doesn’t mean your baby will be fine.

bleeping ignorant twats.

Didn’t they have a go fund me up last month cause they couldn’t afford rent now they want a baby? Ha.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’ve seen comments saying Gemma already has two kids 🤔 and that they’re both in free sperm donor groups on Facebook yet their viewers sent them money to pay for a donor. When they both first come on tiktok they said they weren’t about money and didn’t want to make anything out of it but they have clearly changed their minds.
Apparently she does but they have been previously taken away from her.