Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LittleMy

VIP Member
I wouldn’t buy one for myself but to each their own. They can be used as doll therapy for Alzheimer’s/dementia patients, so if it helps someone to cope then that can’t be a bad thing in my book.

Reactions: 4

Emmelina Ball

VIP Member
One of my girls told me she saw a ameican women on TikTok, who had bought formula , was making up up and everything then pouringit down the sink, telling everyone her baby (doll ) had been so hungry and drank most of a bottle. Mums were being really angry and saying they were struggling to find formula and she was pouring it away, she was well my baby needs it .I found that really wrong, she had loads of tins too
There’s been formula shortages too which adds to all of this, it’s ridiculous. There is no reason any of these people need to buy real formula when they know real babies need it. I also don’t understand why they buy nappies regularly either it’s not like they get dirty from the doll!

DownBelow21

VIP Member
I think it's all so bizarre. The going out and buying real baby clothes, for a doll. The going out and buying real milk and nappies and then using them and changing a dolls nappy regularly.

It's just so strange man.

I’ve seen these a lot lately… i’ve had two baby losses this year and joined a FB miscarriage support group. There’s a lot of women on there who have had a baby loss and have got a reborn doll to help cope with their loss. Whilst i think that everyone should cope with miscarriage/baby loss in their own way, i personally for me couldn’t do it, it would be remind me too much of the baby i do not have. and i find it a bit upsetting. i have felt upset seeing these women upload pics of them posing with their reborn doll and taking pics of them doing things as if they were real baby and it makes me feel…. weird. Ofc each to their own but nope not for me. i think it can be a dangerous way to cope but maybe that’s cos i’m weak.
Hi from the Chinny Weasley thread. Sorry to hear about your losses hun.

• Heart

BigMavis

VIP Member
There's one on tiktok that lactates, she's rubbed people up the wrong way. Mums who tried to breastfeed and went looking for support didn't get it, yes this one did for dolls.

• Wow
Reactions: 3

Lord Voldemort

Oh my word, I forgot about this, but yes it was the Ingham family! I think they've actually released a few now. How strange - especially when there's so many weirdos out there who could buy it and fanatise its actually the real child. Why would you do it?!
they have dolls of two of their children & also one of their dog!
Also if you have bought one you get a ticket to meet & greet with the family

• Wow

Halliestar

VIP Member
There’s a thread on here regarding Millie on tiktok who has two reborns, although they’re either a knock off version or just a standard baby doll. She spends so much on them, new clothes, for Christmas she’s gone and got about 10 packs of dummies for them, nappies, formula etc and now she makes out she can produce breast milk. She’s only 19 and her ex is in his late 60s and was her uncle (through marriage) and she’s now with another guy who’s in his late 40s and both men went along with feeding the babies and holding them as if they’re real which I found strange.

I’ve also came across another young girl, she’s very well put together, beautiful house, nice fashion and she has a couple reborns and they’re actually beautiful and look real. She meets up with other reborn owners, not sure on why she has them though.

I remember visiting my grandad in his home he was at for people with dementia and all the women had a baby doll in their arms which seemed to bring them comfort

• Wow

DownBelow21

VIP Member
Have been seeing more and more people with these dolls and treating them like real babies. Especially on TikTok - there's a whole community with people posting videos of day in the life with their babies, which includes night feeds, taking the babies out in car seats and prams etc, changing their nappies. A bit like how a little girl would play with their doll.

I can't help but find it weird when they:
  1. Buy real nappies
  2. Buy real milk
  3. Take them out for a walk in a pram
I just don't get it?

Wondered what everyone elses thoughts were?

DownBelow21

VIP Member
There's one on tiktok that lactates, she's rubbed people up the wrong way. Mums who tried to breastfeed and went looking for support didn't get it, yes this one did for dolls.
I've seen someone bagging breast milk for her doll - might be the same person?

it's absolutely mental and I just don't get it

Reactions: 2

Snippysnips

VIP Member
Honestly they freak me out, seeing something so lifelike that doesn't move or make a sound is a bit creepy especially when they have that weight in them to make them more "lifelike"

My little cousins had them when they were kids since my aunt always had to do one better than anyone else an honestly the bother it would cause when they took them up the town or left them in cars because obviously a young child is going to treat it like a regular doll, which involved swinging the thing about in shops or carrying it by the leg, got to the stage I told them they needed to leave them at home

I do remember going to a shop to look for clothes for my cousins newborn an seeing a group of woman with prams with these dolls an they must have had at least 3 or 4 bags full of clothes from this shop an it was one of these boutique places that's like £50 for a dress, even I wasn't paying those prices for a real baby never mind a doll, it's insane the prices they will pay for them

BigMavis

VIP Member
True. Some of it is therapy and there is "reborn therapy" all types of therapy are subjective, for me i know this wouldn't work. Don't know much about the big tiktok accounts have they experienced trauma?

DownBelow21

VIP Member

She got with her ex (the uncle) when she was 16, ended up with 5 reborns/dolls then when she cheated on the old guy with her now fella she got rid of 3 and kept 2 😅 She’s pissed a lot of people off though on tiktok with her lies and buying formula saying she doesn’t care, that she would take the last one on the shelf even if she saw a mum with a real baby come over and was needing it. The reborn community can’t stand her on there as they say she gives them a bad name.

Tiktok is mummyof2reborns
oh my god what a life

• Haha
Reactions: 1

Halliestar

VIP Member
Who's Millie? What's her account?

She got with her ex (the uncle) when she was 16, ended up with 5 reborns/dolls then when she cheated on the old guy with her now fella she got rid of 3 and kept 2 😅 She’s pissed a lot of people off though on tiktok with her lies and buying formula saying she doesn’t care, that she would take the last one on the shelf even if she saw a mum with a real baby come over and was needing it. The reborn community can’t stand her on there as they say she gives them a bad name.

Tiktok is mummyof2reborns

Last edited:

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
I have mixed feelings about them. I find them slightly weird, but if they give comfort to the people who own them, they are a good thing.

Last edited:

alittle-stitious

I’ve just recently discovered reborn dolls and I have such mixed feelings. I do understand how they could help someone who has maybe suffered an imaginable lost and bring some comfort. It makes me feel really sad thinking how desperate someone must feel at wanting to be a mother that they want to role play (certainly knew the desperation feeling before having my little girl this year, wouldn’t have ever gone down the reborn route though).

However, some of it is so to the extreme it just seems unhealthy. ‘Weaning’, baby groups, some of them buying real formula and expensive baby gadgets is just too far in my opinion. That to me seems to be doing more harm than good. I wouldn’t know how to act if someone had a reborn at the baby group I go to!

Merpedy

VIP Member
Whenever I see the reborn dolls I almost have to wonder if it has become an expensive hobby for some people rather than it being related to a miscarriage tbh - I realise that's not very nice to say