Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Not for me

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • Weird

Votes: 125 75.8%
  • Lovely

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have been seeing more and more people with these dolls and treating them like real babies. Especially on TikTok - there's a whole community with people posting videos of day in the life with their babies, which includes night feeds, taking the babies out in car seats and prams etc, changing their nappies. A bit like how a little girl would play with their doll.

I can't help but find it weird when they:
  1. Buy real nappies
  2. Buy real milk
  3. Take them out for a walk in a pram
I just don't get it?

Wondered what everyone elses thoughts were?

Reactions: 3
I’ve seen these a lot lately… i’ve had two baby losses this year and joined a FB miscarriage support group. There’s a lot of women on there who have had a baby loss and have got a reborn doll to help cope with their loss. Whilst i think that everyone should cope with miscarriage/baby loss in their own way, i personally for me couldn’t do it, it would be remind me too much of the baby i do not have. and i find it a bit upsetting. i have felt upset seeing these women upload pics of them posing with their reborn doll and taking pics of them doing things as if they were real baby and it makes me feel…. weird. Ofc each to their own but nope not for me. i think it can be a dangerous way to cope but maybe that’s cos i’m weak.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Ach I don't know, I got told off for being judgemental about this subject. It's not regular folk doing it though? Is it? It's weird people no?
And there I go with the judgement again. It's just I haven't seen anyone doing this who isn't a bit weird.
If you do it and you're not dysfunctional in some way fill me in.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I wouldn’t buy one for myself but to each their own. They can be used as doll therapy for Alzheimer’s/dementia patients, so if it helps someone to cope then that can’t be a bad thing in my book.

Reactions: 4
Generally to each their own, if cuddling a lifelike baby helps a person in some way then I don’t have an issue.

However, setting alarms for 3am to ‘feed’ the baby and making up bottles or complaining that it’s unfair they’ve been asked to move a pram on a bus, I hope is just to get TikTok views otherwise I think that’s a bit concerning.

Reactions: 20
True. Some of it is therapy and there is "reborn therapy" all types of therapy are subjective, for me i know this wouldn't work. Don't know much about the big tiktok accounts have they experienced trauma?

Reactions: 2
I think it's all so bizarre. The going out and buying real baby clothes, for a doll. The going out and buying real milk and nappies and then using them and changing a dolls nappy regularly.

It's just so strange man.

I’ve seen these a lot lately… i’ve had two baby losses this year and joined a FB miscarriage support group. There’s a lot of women on there who have had a baby loss and have got a reborn doll to help cope with their loss. Whilst i think that everyone should cope with miscarriage/baby loss in their own way, i personally for me couldn’t do it, it would be remind me too much of the baby i do not have. and i find it a bit upsetting. i have felt upset seeing these women upload pics of them posing with their reborn doll and taking pics of them doing things as if they were real baby and it makes me feel…. weird. Ofc each to their own but nope not for me. i think it can be a dangerous way to cope but maybe that’s cos i’m weak.
Hi from the Chinny Weasley thread. Sorry to hear about your losses hun.

• Heart
There's one on tiktok that lactates, she's rubbed people up the wrong way. Mums who tried to breastfeed and went looking for support didn't get it, yes this one did for dolls.

• Wow
There's one on tiktok that lactates, she's rubbed people up the wrong way. Mums who tried to breastfeed and went looking for support didn't get it, yes this one did for dolls.
I've seen someone bagging breast milk for her doll - might be the same person?

it's absolutely mental and I just don't get it

Honestly they freak me out, seeing something so lifelike that doesn't move or make a sound is a bit creepy especially when they have that weight in them to make them more "lifelike"

My little cousins had them when they were kids since my aunt always had to do one better than anyone else an honestly the bother it would cause when they took them up the town or left them in cars because obviously a young child is going to treat it like a regular doll, which involved swinging the thing about in shops or carrying it by the leg, got to the stage I told them they needed to leave them at home

I do remember going to a shop to look for clothes for my cousins newborn an seeing a group of woman with prams with these dolls an they must have had at least 3 or 4 bags full of clothes from this shop an it was one of these boutique places that's like £50 for a dress, even I wasn't paying those prices for a real baby never mind a doll, it's insane the prices they will pay for them

Oh my God - I've actually just seen someone on tiktok with a toddler version and it was creepy AF.

Personally, I don't care if an adult wants to play with dolls but I don't see how it helps grieving women and would suspect mental illness if a woman lost a child and started playing with dolls seriously. Perhaps holding/cradling a doll or doll substitute helps some women cope somehow - calming? I don't know. But buying a new doll, especially an expensive reborn type doll suggests becoming psychologically invested and my instinct is 'they need help'. I don't find it mockworthy, just sad.

Police have mistaken them for real babies before, breaking into cars to save them. They are too realistic for my taste. I find them a bit creepy to look at.

Reactions: 7
You're not weak lovely. Everyone copes with grief differently.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I can see the value for those who want something to mother and have had losses or whatever. I don’t get making a full formula feed or changing its disposable nappy, or setting alarms to get up in the night.

I highly highly HIGHLY doubt this woman is really bagging breast milk. The medication you’d need is domperidone, and it’s off license to use it for lactation so it isn’t the easiest to get for milk supply purposes. Having spent months pumping for my babies and building my supply, a bit of domperidone and some pumping will not produce ounces and ounces and ounces.

Reactions: 5
Wasn’t there a YouTube family who sold a reborn doll of their actual child?
Oh my word, I forgot about this, but yes it was the Ingham family! I think they've actually released a few now. How strange - especially when there's so many weirdos out there who could buy it and fanatise its actually the real child. Why would you do it?!

Oh my word, I forgot about this, but yes it was the Ingham family! I think they've actually released a few now. How strange - especially when there's so many weirdos out there who could buy it and fanatise its actually the real child. Why would you do it?!
they have dolls of two of their children & also one of their dog!
Also if you have bought one you get a ticket to meet & greet with the family

• Wow