rebeccaloves__ #43 soaked too much in, now RVK_Loves is in the Bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think a fair amount of parents do use melatonin for their kids jet lag when going over to the states. I've seen it talked about in many different forums.
It’s not licensed for use in the UK for children. That’s the long and short of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Doesn’t make it right though does it?
I dont know as I've never used it. There is one form of it licensed for use in the UK and is prescribed by GP.
I couldn't get my knickers in a twist over her using something that's freely available to buy in the states for use.
Its a bit of a reach to say she's drugging her child illegally

This. Same as lots of adults take cocaine but it doesn’t make it acceptable? Drugging children is worse, at least an adult can consent.
You can't buy cocaine over the counter anywhere can you? It's comparing apples with bananas.

Reactions: 2
I certainly wouldn't want to mess with my kids hormones.
If you take your kids that far away, over several time zones and a 12 hour plus flight, then suck up the jet lag as it's inevitable.

Reactions: 12
I dont know as I've never used it. There is one form of it licensed for use in the UK and is prescribed by GP.
I couldn't get my knickers in a twist over her using something that's freely available to buy in the states for use.

You can't buy cocaine over the counter anywhere can you? It's comparing apples with bananas.
You can’t buy melatonin over the counter in the UK either, and it’s not approved by the US FDA for use in children for sleep issues, so parents using it are using it ‘off label’. Just because you can buy something doesn’t mean you should give it to a child when it’s not recommended.

Whether we agree or not, as an ‘influencer’ Grabby should not be recommending or even disclosing the use of a drug that isn’t available without prescription for her toddlers jet lag to her 93,000 followers.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
The availability of melatonin over the counter or not is kind of irrelevant to me tbh.

At the end of the day she's drugging her own kid unnecessarily so they can have more time gallivanting on holiday to take photos of pastel walls and ice cream. And drugging her so as to not have to deal with the realities of jetlagged children that pretty much everyone else will deal with without the need for drugs. As far as I know Freya has no actual sleep issues or adhd that melatonin is suggested for so I find this absolutely shocking that they won't just deal with crappy sleep for a couple of days.

If she wants to do that to her own kid though, fine. Up to her. But she's promoting this idea to 93k other people. Yes most of them may be bots, or people with an ounce of common sense, but we've seen comments from stupid sheep before who idolise her every word and follow whatever she does. If even 1% of followers decide to follow her advice that's 930 people who are now going to drug their own kids because Grabby said so. There are no words for how I feel about this sick twisted control freak right now. Irresponsible bleeping head.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
The availability of melatonin over the counter or not is kind of irrelevant to me tbh.

At the end of the day she's drugging her own kid unnecessarily so they can have more time gallivanting on holiday to take photos of pastel walls and ice cream. And drugging her so as to not have to deal with the realities of jetlagged children that pretty much everyone else will deal with without the need for drugs. As far as I know Freya has no actual sleep issues or adhd that melatonin is suggested for so I find this absolutely shocking that they won't just deal with crappy sleep for a couple of days.

If she wants to do that to her own kid though, fine. Up to her. But she's promoting this idea to 93k other people. Yes most of them may be bots, or people with an ounce of common sense, but we've seen comments from stupid sheep before who idolise her every word and follow whatever she does. If even 1% of followers decide to follow her advice that's 930 people who are now going to drug their own kids because Grabby said so. There are no words for how I feel about this sick twisted control freak right now. Irresponsible bleeping head.
Hear hear.

Reactions: 5

My knickers aren’t in a twist thanks. I’m just someone who wouldn’t have ever dreamed of giving my kids something that is BANNED FOR A REASON in the UK. I’d have dealt with jet lag the normal way which wouldn’t require a banned substance. If you’re on team Grabby then crack on.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Her privilege shines through yet again. Imagine the outrage if they were working class: Paedophile father and grooming victim mother admit to drugging their toddler.

Reactions: 21
It's not about being on team grabby, disagreeing with a view doesn't equate to being on team grabby and its pretty pathetic to throw that in there as part of your argument.
I see parents on forums regularly talking about using it to help their kids with the jet lag. They feel it gets the child through the lack of sleep.
I couldn't give a hoot about it, I'm simply saying that it's done by many people and they talk about it in the Disney forums etc

It isn't illegal and isn't problematic. No one is asking any of us to give it to our kids.

I'm here to discuss what grabby does and her shyster ways at hiding ads etc, I'm not interested in trading petty insults.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
And for today’s nomination for the “Didn’t Happen of the Year Awards”……. ‘Thanks for booking this, Mama’.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
It's not about being on team grabby, disagreeing with a view doesn't equate to being on team grabby and its pretty pathetic to throw that in there as part of your argument.
I see parents on forums regularly talking about using it to help their kids with the jet lag. They feel it gets the child through the lack of sleep.
I couldn't give a hoot about it, I'm simply saying that it's done by many people and they talk about it in the Disney forums etc

It isn't illegal and isn't problematic. No one is asking any of us to give it to our kids.

I'm here to discuss what grabby does and her shyster ways at hiding ads etc, I'm not interested in trading petty insults.
Like I said I don’t care what others are doing. MY opinion is I wouldn’t drug my kids. I am not petty or pathetic which tbh is insulting no? I’m not responding to you anymore. Enjoy your Sunday

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Isn’t it about time she has a holiday, she’s usually away tia time of year isn’t she?
Suitcase and passport flat lay incoming ??

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Isn’t it about time she has a holiday, she’s usually away tia time of year isn’t she?
Suitcase and passport flat lay incoming ??
Just waiting til those manky “good condition” shoes sell on vinted then she’ll have enough pennies

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I call BS on the reign story. I really hope Freya is wearing the backpack because she’s being rebellious and running off left right and centre 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.