Rebecca Lamb #32 Happeh Groundhog Day Beckeh, Cheers!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They are patrolling parts of the dales, this locations close to Wensleydale https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...ty-during-covid-19-lockdown-measures-11965352

Least are some good parts to being that some have to live like I have at periods of time, just a massive shame people who don't deserve it have to be dragged into it, having a J Pouch myself due to Familial Adenomatous Polyposis its just a shame thats its on such a massive scale feel for anyone who isn't used to this at all, spending four weeks in hospital due to complications after surgery back in very late 2016 had to spend Christmas in hospital, mind you given my circumstances was the best place for me and could be in far far worse places at the time

Also with usually with J Pouch surgery involves a two stages of operations, being the creation of it and the reversal of the temp ileostomy (actually had mine though done overall in three stages to do with Familial Polyposis to make the name shorter lol) missed my fav and first ever live bands splitting up gig yeah was gutted at the time but hey wouldn't have been fun for what should be obvious reasons (what I wont go into lol, but didn't want someone else who liked them to miss it effectively giving my ticket to another fan).
What is a Jpouch?

It’s not difficult to feed your children decent meals to meet their needs. Chocolate pastries for breakfast, then a tin of soup for dinner isn’t satisfactory, and actually quite neglectful seeing as she hasn’t got a legitimate reason for it. She cooks like she lives in poverty.

Reactions: 29
Off topic because I refuse to watch/download tiktok sorry 🤣 It’s quite worrying how behind Alfie seems, I really noticed it in her last video. His speech is horrific for his age, he sounds like a toddler and can’t pronounce words properly. He’s not very good with cutlery, I think my 2 year old could use a fork better. Even his movement seems stiff sometimes 🤷🏻‍♀️ Definitely something off with him, he’s not a typical 6 year old..
Noticed this too, it’s like the lights are on but no ones home

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I agree I think exactly the same. I don't think he's progressed at all since I've been watching them. Children at this age are little sponges. There's no life or go in either of the boys, I can't quite put my finger on it 🧐 Being an 'outdoors' family in the Dales you'd think they'd be like wild horses. My 19month old has more energy and spark in him than Alfie.
She’s just had to prompt him to say an Easter egg. Yet she says he’s so clever 🤨 I know I sound like a bleep but he’s far from clever. He lacks basic knowledge. I’ve never known a 6 year old who would rather be at home than with their friends or spend more time indoors than out. I’m sure there are kids like that but their house isn’t very exciting to want to stay indoors so much.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
If I didn’t know better I would think she was a student at uni looking at the weeks meal plan.

I’m going to do you a favour now Grubby. While we are on lock down why don’t you use it as an opportunity to create some real innovative content? Google how to make bread, soup, pasta sauces, pastry, cakes other than bleeping banana bread, BBC Food has some great easy recipes. Make a shopping list devoid of processed crap and go to the local farm shop (by yourself - tosspot can homeschool (!) the kids) and buy proper food including lots of vegetables, maybe even an apple or two? Make videos of your attempts, include the kids in making them. Children love kneading bread and making real pizza, not just chucking bits of plastic ham on ready bought bases. You could even dig a little veg patch and buy some seeds or plants to grow your own. I’m sure there was a little greenhouse when you first moved to the dungeon. If you still have it use it. Now is the perfect time to be planting seeds of all sorts - flowers, fruit, veg, salads, herbs - and little kids love gardening if it’s done right. Just get off bleeping Tik Tok and keep your kids off it as long as possible. It will be hard enough controlling screen time when they are in their teens, you stand need to encourage it now

Reactions: 24
I came here to mention the prompting. It's unnecessary. She doesn't actually give him much time to answer, but his initial response of 'colouring' was satisfactory anyway. Why isn't she happy with his natural responses?

This leaves no doubt in my mind that the entire yoghurt ad was scripted. Which means she's making him learn lines. Not what I want to see from a product review.

Reactions: 22
Sitting with their feet on the table wtf!!! Where’s the discipline. Unless it’s the only place in the house they can sit which isn’t grotty?

Reactions: 17
Grubby put down your phone for a day and invest in your children. I agree Alfie is really behind and very slow. My boy is the same age and seems a few years older when I compare them. Poor thing.

Reactions: 15
Why is she letting the kids sit on the table? Even Alfie does it! It must be a nightmare for teachers to be constantly having to tell kids to put their bottoms on their chairs because they haven’t been taught it at home.

Reactions: 16
Off topic because I refuse to watch/download tiktok sorry 🤣 It’s quite worrying how behind Alfie seems, I really noticed it in her last video. His speech is horrific for his age, he sounds like a toddler and can’t pronounce words properly. He’s not very good with cutlery, I think my 2 year old could use a fork better. Even his movement seems stiff sometimes 🤷🏻‍♀️ Definitely something off with him, he’s not a typical 6 year old..
that book he’s reading! It’s what you start out with in reception when you’re learning to read. My daughter is a year older than Alfie and reading David Walliams books quite easily on her own. It’s so sad how becca doesn’t seem to care much at all

Reactions: 12
that book he’s reading! It’s what you start out with in reception when you’re learning to read. My daughter is a year older than Alfie and reading David Walliams books quite easily on her own. It’s so sad how becca doesn’t seem to care much at all
In my professional experience and with a great amount of knowledge in this area, I can tell you he is behind in his reading.
I could send her clear advice about how to help him but I know she won’t listen. It is really quite sad because he will make no progress with her, he isn’t learning anything new just practising reading a book he can already read.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
No, no, no. Let's not start on this 'he's behind' bullshit. By all means, comment on Bex home schooling prowess, but all kids learn and develop at different times. He was sounding out and reading that book well. 👏🏻
I’m sorry but he is behind expectations for his year group, it is as simple as that. Waiting for children to develop at their own rate is the reason that 20% of children go into Secondary Schools without the necessary literacy level to cope with the demands of the curriculum.

Supporting children in the early years and catching them up with their peers is really important. Clearly the quantity of holidays and days out he has had have impacted on his attendance and therefore his learning.

Her home schooling is shocking, but more importantly her attitude is shocking. She could be helped to support him so he makes progress but she is too busy on tik tok.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.