Real life crime and murder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The money part, i watched the discovery plus doc the other day and apperantly those details (the christmas bonus) has been printed in a local article not long before.

Reactions: 1
The money part, i watched the discovery plus doc the other day and apperantly those details (the christmas bonus) has been printed in a local article not long before.
I also watched the CBS documentary as well last week ( not long after I had finished the podcast). Now I have heard the podcast and watched the CBS documentary I am convinced its not an intruder. The podcast is heavily biased towards this intruder theory and I even took the time to google if John Benet had an affiliation with the podcast makers/ company ( although I did not find anything) because of the heavy bias. This opinion is shared by others as well ( as i looked at the podcast reviews).

With regards to the CBS documentary - the account they presented seemed plausible to me ( and I found the behaviour of Burke Benet very very odd whilst he was being interviewed). He did not display any remorse regarding his sisters death or even any fear that someone could have been in their home whilst he was sleeping. For him to be 9 and not even remotely concerned suggests there was no one else in the house bar the immediate family.

The documentary also mentioned that the father went awol for 90 mins during the initial search - so where did he disappear too? I wish they had investigated this further as it felt as though this was an almost throwaway comment from the detective who said it. This is surely something that needs to be looked at? It would also explain why the police had failed to find a body the first time they searched.

The picture i had painted in my head from the podcast is vastly different to what was shown on the documentary - In my head the property they lived in was enormous and the basement area was not regularly accessed yet on the documentary the home they lived in was large but not so large that an entire part of the building lay dormant. The documentary also showed that the basement was in fact a play area for both the kids and the area was well photographed by the B.PD and showed that there were toys strewn around the play area.

In the podcast they heavily stressed the stun gun throughout and we were given the story that she was sexually attacked/ murdered and then stunned. How does this make any sense? Surely the point of the stun gun is to shut them up therefore allowing a sexual attack/murder to happen because the victim is quiet - yet in the CBS documentary this was only a small part of the picture and in fact showed that if anything the stun gun does the opposite of what you think.

There were 4 people in that house - one died. So one of the other 3 committed this crime - if its not the parents and I am not sure that it is then its the brother and it makes sense to me that the father would do his utmost to not lose another child ( given he has already lost two).

Yes, I was just going to say I remember the comments of the family members on local social media pages. It was like a car crash, you couldn't look away, it was open-mouthed stuff. There was such revulsion in the area, never known anything like it, probably never will again. They left the mum's FB profile up too and everyone was piling on. Surprised the police didn't get that closed down.

Reactions: 3
If you're interested in this case like me, the Websleuths forum has a series of detailed threads and insightful commentary about it.
Thanks. I just can’t get on with that site though. It’s so badly designed.

Reactions: 2

I’ve watched quite a few documentaries on this case and done a fair bit of reading around it too. I think it’s pretty obvious that the brother did it, whether intentionally or accidental, who knows. Unless there’s a deathbed confession, I think they will all take it to their grave. But yeah, I’d happily bet an entire paycheck on it being the brother.

Reactions: 4
Id hazard a guess at accidental - from the interviews on the documentary it sounded as if the brother was an extremely jealous child.

Reactions: 4
Just wanted to say thanks to all of the posters for the info regarding the SCR on the Sheffield family. I read it last night, and whilst there is absolutely no excuse for what happened, it did make me look at the incident in a different way, which is never a bad thing, is it? Speaking as someone who is currently going through hell trying to access help from relevant authorities for a family member, it definitely changed my way of looking at the case, so thanks.

Reactions: 10
i have discovered a couple of YouTube channels which covers lots of crime/murders . Episodes are around 30 mins long.

That Chapter - Mike ( who narrates) is Northern Irish. He more or less tells the story of what happened but includes clips/ bits of the trial/ interviews etc so its not all him speaking. There is a mixture of USA/Uk crimes covered. Id suggest the case of Joel guy Jr and The Snowtown Murders as being well worth a watch. Although they are not for the faint hearted.

True Crime Daily - This is american and covers only american crime. Its similar in terms of presentation however the story is told via interviewing people involved in the crime.

Last edited:
Hello ! I'm new was recommended this thread by @Crumpet41 have been into true crime since I was very young. I used to sit at work on the old Crime Library/Court TV feeds when it was in its peak during the naughties. Remember things like the day they caught BTK and watching all the coverage online.

I listen to a massive amount of true crime podcasts usually looking at the Apple Top 100 and seeing if anything is new. I also follow a Reddit for true crime podcasts but it's Reddit so can get a bit reddit like.

Excited to get involved in the discourse about something which has been my hobby for probably 25 years! So I'm off to read from the top

Reactions: 7
The Chapter ( you tube channel) - the case of nikko Jenkins is also disturbing.

I’ve always been really interested in true crime, and now we’re in lockdown apart from going up my stables, I’ve been binge watching Kendall Rae on YouTube. One of the stories that really interested me was the “West Memphis 3”. Does anyone else know about this (extremely disturbing) case?
Basically, the case is about 3 young boys who were murdered in a “satanic rituals” killing. However, the whole case was bodged from the start, and the three teenage boys who were convicted of the crime, ended up being released a few years ago after a huge public outcry that even had people like Johnny Depp organising benefit concerts!! It’s a really interesting case, and I think that Kendall Rae’s video is one of the best ones that I’ve seen!

Reactions: 3
I have been really interested in this case. Have you seen the Oxygen series? It was available on Hay U a while back. Definitely worth a watch if you haven’t seen it. Feel so sad for the boys’ families.

Yes i have heard about this story. I intially watched the first documentary ( paradise lost?) and turned it off as it just focused on the actual trial and I found this boring. Then I found another documentary which was filmed much later down the line ( I think it was on HayU as the poster above mentioned) which was much better. There was more focus on the overall case and explaining the satanic aspect of the case. I think it was right they were released as the cops had nothing on any of the 3 lads that tied them to this crime. Sounds more like to me that it’s one of the lads fathers going off his reluctance to be interviewed ( when all other parties were happy to be involved) not to mention his violent behaviour towards mum and also the son.

I have been really interested in this case. Have you seen the Oxygen series? It was available on Hay U a while back. Definitely worth a watch if you haven’t seen it. Feel so sad for the boys’ families.
I’ve heard about the Oxygen series, so I’ll definitely give that a go.
Yeah, it’s such a horrible case, and because of the circus surrounding the sentencing, I feel like the poor boys have largely been forgotten...

I’ve heard about the Oxygen series, so I’ll definitely give that a go.
Yeah, it’s such a horrible case, and because of the circus surrounding the sentencing, I feel like the poor boys have largely been forgotten...
Have you heard about the case of Jessica Chambers? That is a pretty horrific case as well. It’s also on HayU.

No, I haven’t heard about that case. Is it American?
Yep is it an American case . The documentary may also be on Sky crime as well as HayU. For sure there will be something on YouTube as well.

This is brief summary.There is also an oxygen documentary too so if you can find it then it’s more detailed than the YouTube link.

Thanks for the link, I will definitely be looking at this tomorrow

Thanks for the link, I will definitely be looking at this tomorrow
Another sad case. There is also a documentary on ID about Jessica Chambers which will get repeated when they do their American Murder Mystery series.

Is anyone familiar with the Karlie Guse case? It’s another American missing persons story, but there where some people who thought Karlie had been kidnapped, and was being forced to participate in this really weird YouTube channel, where this blindfolded girl eats a load of seafood. People seemed to think that because the girl was blindfolded and seemed REALLY hungry stuffing her mouth as quickly as she could, that this proved Karlie was being held against her will and starved.
I only heard about this recently, and apparently the YouTube channel with the blindfolded girl has now been taken off. I”l post a link if anyone’s interested.

Here’s another link...

Here’s another link..

I’d love to know if anyone has heard of this case, and the “Kate Yup” situation, as it does look really sketchy AF to me!! ..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.