Real Life Crime and Murder #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No idea I know the mum was known to social services and the family was helped locally by people but I don’t ever remember seeing the dad have the 4 he had with her, and the 2 he’s got now together. They are all boys. The youngest he’s got I don’t even think is 1 yet.
So weird.

I’m not sure It’s so just strange something isn’t right.
For some reason this has been on my mind the past few days, such an horrific story I’m intrigued (not in a morbid way) to hear what happened and the background to it all

I’ve just read the article on the murder of the young lad Bradley Lewis, his girlfriend was an only fans model she stabbed him?
Such a sad story they had 3 children together yet they are so young themselves. Such a sad situation for the families and those babies

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I also agree that (most) men don't have the same emotional attachment to their children. I've had two 'dads' (both biological and the one who raised me) abandon me for new families.
Thank you for adding “most” because I was luckily enough to have a fantastic Dad so not all men are the same.
I’m sorry some of you weren’t as lucky as me and I can understand why you are biased.
I could probably say the same about mothers seeing as mine left when I was little and my Dad brought me up but I know most mothers aren’t like that and I was just unlucky. Swings and roundabouts I suppose but I’d not have changed my Dad for the world.

That said, the dreadful stories we’ve read in recent weeks have been at the hands of their mothers and new partners and not their fathers. Some people should never be parents. 😣

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I do have a bit of experience in this as I've dealt with both sides when I worked in mortgage lending - underwriting and repossessions.

We had a case where a husband murdered his wife at the house - well, he chased her out into the street and killed her there then dragged her back in. The first we knew of it was a solicitor called in to say she was deceased and he was in custody - no further details were given but we pretty much guessed what had happened (this was before the internet was invented otherwise I'd have been all over that as you can imagine) The mortgage was already in arrears and there was no life insurance so we repossessed the house. Part of my job was to call a few local estate agents to discuss the house and see who would do the best job selling it for us. The original agents who sold the house to the customers told me what happened. It was actually a fairly nice house but the problem was that, when any viewings took place, the neighbours would be over the fence telling the prospective buyers all about it. Nowadays, I believe it would have to be declared. Took ages to sell it (this was mid 1990's recession as well) but it did eventually sell.

When I was underwriting, I had a case where the surveyor, in his report, had mentioned something about the "chequered history" of the house - I knew immediately it would be a murder. I spoke to the surveyor and he confirmed (from memory) it was man who murdered his mother, his kids and then took his own life. My immediate thought was "No way am I lending on this" but the surveyor said that it would be good for the rental market and/or sale at the right price. It was a BTL mortgage with a fairly healthy LTV but I still really ummed and ahhed over it for a couple of days, especially with the thought of the previous case in my mind, but I did eventually approve it.

Bottom line - all houses will sell at the right price no matter their history.
Thank you for sharing, I find that quite interesting. I think some crimes are too horrific so they have to bulldoze the house - I believe they did this with Fred and Rose Wests house and I think they may do it for Arthur Labinjo-Hughes house. My friend was on about this earlier in the week to me because in her town a woman was murdered by her partner in the house and the house was rented. She hasn’t seen it on the market yet but I was saying it will probably go back on soon because they can’t tear down all the houses where murders happen. But as it’s a small town I am thinking that whoever moves in will definitely find out.

Some people should never be parents. 😣
I think that’s the main takeaway - my Dad is a man that, looking back, I don’t think he should have been a Dad - he wasn’t cut out for it. I do think even today there is still some pressure on people, both men and women, to have children even if they don’t want to which unfortunately leads to neglect and abuse and trauma.

Reactions: 8
Has anyone else watched ‘Girl in the Picture’ on Netflix yet? Think it was just released this week. America true crime documentary based on a girl named Tonya Hughes - I had surprisingly never heard of the case before but it’s one of those stories that keeps getting worse and worse. Well worth a watch!

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Has anyone else watched ‘Girl in the Picture’ on Netflix yet? Think it was just released this week. America true crime documentary based on a girl named Tonya Hughes - I had surprisingly never heard of the case before but it’s one of those stories that keeps getting worse and worse. Well worth a watch!
Just watching it now! It's unbelievable isn't it???

Reactions: 2
A lady was murdered on my parents street. They never found the body but there were saw marks all over the bath.

The house sold in record time and every time I went past I thought of someone bathing in that tub.

I couldn’t do it. Not in a month of Sundays.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
There’s a house just a stones throw from me where a man murdered a woman and her 2-year old in 2020. Buried them under the kitchen floorboards. It’s yet to come to court but it’s a horrific case. The thing is I’ve always looked at those houses with such envy as they’re so gorgeous. I think it’s possibly up for sale now at a reduced price, but I just couldn’t.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
There’s a house just a stones throw from me where a man murdered a woman and her 2-year old in 2020. Buried them under the kitchen floorboards. It’s yet to come to court but it’s a horrific case. The thing is I’ve always looked at those houses with such envy as they’re so gorgeous. I think it’s possibly up for sale now at a reduced price, but I just couldn’t.
I know that case, absolutely horrific.

Reactions: 5
Does anybody know what is going on with this case , 11 year old boy killed my a 41 year old man in a park in Derby. They’ve set up an online portal for potential witnesses to come forward. Seems strange

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Does anybody know what is going on with this case , 11 year old boy killed my a 41 year old man in a park in Derby. They’ve set up an online portal for potential witnesses to come forward. Seems strange
It is strange. They've not named the victim either and there's also a charge of "engaging in coercive and controlling behaviour" so I'm thinking that charge relates to a woman (ex-partner maybe?) and the murder victim is her son and his identity has not been revealed to protect her anonymity. That's my guess anyway.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
This is right near me, I have to drive past it everyday. I always wonder what will happen to that house now? Surely no one would want to live in it? Does it get left to his kids? Such a sad situation, waste of a beautiful girls life
Wasn't there an influencer who bought a house where a murder took place? They've a thread on here, something involving pet food bowls or something?

I don't think I could buy somewhere with a gruesome history but someone will!

Reactions: 1
Thanks you for sharing this. Is this when your crime interest started?
No, a lot earlier. I remember reading the Yorkshire Ripper trial in the paper every day (secretly away from my parents) and also finding a book on top of a wardrobe about The Moors Murders (I was looking for Christmas presents I think 😂) and I read that covertly too. The first case I was really kind of obsessed about was when Susan Maxwell went missing in Scotland followed by Caroline Hogg - they were actually victims of Robert Black but no one knew that then. I was eight.

Reactions: 10
Wasn't there an influencer who bought a house where a murder took place? They've a thread on here, something involving pet food bowls or something?

I don't think I could buy somewhere with a gruesome history but someone will!
Mrs Meldrum, bought a house in inchmarlo where the son murdered his dad, then kept him in the shed in the garden. 😳

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Thank you for sharing, I find that quite interesting. I think some crimes are too horrific so they have to bulldoze the house - I believe they did this with Fred and Rose Wests house and I think they may do it for Arthur Labinjo-Hughes house. My friend was on about this earlier in the week to me because in her town a woman was murdered by her partner in the house and the house was rented. She hasn’t seen it on the market yet but I was saying it will probably go back on soon because they can’t tear down all the houses where murders happen. But as it’s a small town I am thinking that whoever moves in will definitely find out.
Yes, Fred & Rose West's house in Cromwell Street is now a walkway/garden. Myra Hindley's grandmother's house was destroyed I believe and the bungalow on school grounds where Huntley & Carr lived (the house came with the job) has also been demolished.

You're right - some crimes are just too awful but you can't tear down every house where there's been a murder.

I'm not sure how I would feel about it to be honest if I was buying a house with a dark history - with my underwriting head on, I would always be worrying about the resale prospects because there are lots of people who wouldn't want to live there so you're narrowing your potential market immediately.

Oh yes, I meant to post that this was happening today as I checked the court listings last night.

Good. Definitely the best place for him!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Judge's full sentencing remakes in Logan's case have now been published:

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I read the book on this year's ago. I'll be hard pushed to find a case I've not looked into massively. Recommend the book. Another one to look into is the frozen yogurt shop murders in American.. Still unsolved. Always fall down a rabbit hole with that one.

Reactions: 10
I caught "The Hunt For the Chicago Strangler" on Quest Red last Saturday. I had never heard of this case but it's about how 50+ mainly black but also Hispanic and white women have been murdered since 2001 in Chicago.

It was so interesting. It highlighted once again how some victims are given more media attention than others.

It also featured the work of the Murder Accountability Project (MAP) who work out murder patterns using algorithms and were instrumental in capturing another serial killer, Darren Deon Vann.

It's probably available on catch-up. It's 3 hours long (well, 3 1-hour eps).

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.