Real Life Crime and Murder #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just watching the Rikki Neave programm. Christ has a programme ever needed subtitles. I have a suspicion his mum’s disability may be alcoholism…

Poor little Rikki. I’ve no doubt his mum did her best but he deserved proper love & care.
It did need subtitles in places. I think the alcohol abuse is probably a given but I wondered if there was something neurological going on as well. She had a definite lean to one side.

I couldn't help but feel for her even though she clearly failed him and I'm pleased she appears to have found some happiness and comfort with her partner. I know her son was placed in a situation where he was able to become a victim directly due to her lifestyle but she clearly loved him and it must have been very difficult not knowing the truth of the situation for so many years.

Reactions: 4
It did need subtitles in places. I think the alcohol abuse is probably a given but I wondered if there was something neurological going on as well. She had a definite lean to one side.

I couldn't help but feel for her even though she clearly failed him and I'm pleased she appears to have found some happiness and comfort with her partner. I know her son was placed in a situation where he was able to become a victim directly due to her lifestyle but she clearly loved him and it must have been very difficult not knowing the truth of the situation for so many years.
I'm still baffled that such a normal, decent guy would end up with someone like her

Reactions: 12
I’m new to this thread. Have been following Star/Arthur/Logan trials. I’m not sure if I’m just noticing it more but there seems to be an awful lot of child murder cases lately.

Just seen this on Mail online. baby was just 4 weeks old :( . Pre trial hearing tomorrow, actual
trial scheduled for October.

Mother and father accused of murdering their son to appear in court

#

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I remember seeing a Tiktok a few months back from a young woman with a baby talking about regretting meeting up with her mum again after a period of no contact. In the comments she admitted that Ruth Neave was her mother.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19

Yeah I agree. I’m pleased she made good of her life, and ultimately she was the driving force behind getting a conviction for Rikki.
I don’t think she was a wilfully bad parent, just didn’t know how to be an adequate one. She will have no doubt got 10 times the flack James Watson gets publicly.

Reactions: 7
I'm still baffled that such a normal, decent guy would end up with someone like her
I thought that too. My immediate thought was that he is maybe the type of man who found himself being a saviour to a woman who needed it and sort of thrives on being the one who holds things together, her then being dependable on him. That’s not necessarily anything sinister either. Might just be him feeling useful etc.

Reactions: 9
I watched the Rikki Neave documentary last night too. One of her daughters has a TikTok account where she posts about Rikki and their mum.

Reactions: 1
I’m new to this thread. Have been following Star/Arthur/Logan trials. I’m not sure if I’m just noticing it more but there seems to be an awful lot of child murder cases lately.

Just seen this on Mail online. baby was just 4 weeks old :( . Pre trial hearing tomorrow, actual
trial scheduled for October.

Mother and father accused of murdering their son to appear in court

#
Not all are recent though so seems concentrated but when you look, this new case you’ve shared happened in 2017 but only jusy going to court. Sometimes cases take a long time for police to prove especially when there’s no obvious injuries or immediate cause of death in babies / small children

Reactions: 3
Been following this news. Two sentences to the state could have sorted it.

”Can you have her. We can’t/won’t do it”

That poor girl. The coroner couldn’t eat for a week. Just beggars belief.
Horrific isn’t it. The coroner says they cried for a week also. These are people who are used to seeing horrible things on a daily basis.

Unbelievable.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Parents of Louisiana woman, 36, found dead, 'fused to sofa' charged
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...st-rot-away.html?ito=native_share_article-top
This just breaks my heart 😢🥵
i am speechless. absolutely speechless. that photo of her parents by the christmas tree while she was presumably close by in that state.

the fact that they’re going to have medical staff on standby for the jury, and the comments from the coroner are things i’ve never seen before in any case.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
It said the house was otherwise immaculate ?? Surely not, it would have been infested with fleas, maggots and stench.
Was she sat rotting in the family / living room ?

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I was confused by the article at first until I read much further down. I wasn’t sure if she had been dead for 12 years but she ‘only’ died 24-48hrs before emergency services were called. She was stuck on the sofa for 12 years but alive? Did something happen to cause her to not be able to get off the sofa or did they force her to stay there? It’s absolutely horrific, I don’t understand it at all.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
I was confused by the article at first until I read much further down. I wasn’t sure if she had been dead for 12 years but she ‘only’ died 24-48hrs before emergency services were called. She was stuck on the sofa for 12 years but alive? Did something happen to cause her to not be able to get off the sofa or did they force her to stay there? It’s absolutely horrific, I don’t understand it at all.
I read it that she'd been dead for 12 years as well. At least she wasn't although I'm not really sure that makes it better, certainly not for her.

With regard to her staying on the sofa, according to the article it was her choice and that she wanted to relieve herself either where she was sat or on a nearby blanket.

She's described as being 'locked in' but then a doctor says he's never heard that term in all his years of practice (I found that a bit odd because Locked In Syndrome is a well known phenomenon so surely he would have at least heard of it). That said she apparently wasn't diagnosed with it. There was an autism diagnosis and social anxiety and it says she became unwell during high school.

I wonder if she had a break down of sorts and they didn't find the right help for her. I just find it so hard to understand why they didn't approach the right authorities to get her the support she clearly needed, especially given the article says her mother worked for a local authority/agency of some sort. The idea of that poor woman sat there neglected like that for years is horrific to think about.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
The only thing I can think of for that Case is they were devout christians/mormons etc who strictly didnt believe in getting help for her??
Having locked in syndrome would make more sense than social anxiety....surely if it was anxiety/autism she would at least be mobile and pottering around the house....shocking neglect...

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.