Real Life Crime and Murder #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just watched the program on channel 5 last night about Rikki neave much more details on James Watson !
Just so sad how Rikki was mistreated and neglected ! I have no sympathy for Ruth !
Watching it now (work is quiet šŸ¤«). What's meant to be wrong with her? You can see he has bruises and scratches in some of the photos. Also do any of you wonder what the point of the psychologist's analysis - they always just seem to state the bleedin obvious to me!

Reactions: 5
20 years for Hakeem Hussainā€™s mum. Interesting when you think Mary McCann only got 4 years for killing 2 of her children drink driving though I guess here they are looking at the on going neglect that had been happening over long periods of time and the fact he was medically vulnerable and his mother wasnā€™t managing his condition and in fact was actively making it worse! Another case in a long line of failures from Birmingham social services. It sounds like the school were desperate for him to be removed ASAP but it was out of their hands šŸ˜¢

20 years for Hakeem Hussainā€™s mum. Interesting when you think Mary McCann only got 4 years for killing 2 of her children drink driving though I guess here they are looking at the on going neglect that had been happening over long periods of time and the fact he was medically vulnerable and his mother wasnā€™t managing his condition and in fact was actively making it worse! Another case in a long line of failures from Birmingham social services. It sounds like the school were desperate for him to be removed ASAP but it was out of their hands šŸ˜¢

• Sad
Reactions: 10

Iā€™ve just been reading this story. Absolutely sickening. Sounds like it was some sort of foster-to-adoption pathway? But they couldnā€™t cope and things were falling apart within weeks of the baby being placed with them. She admitted to assaulting the child over and over to her husband. The husband blamed the baby ā€œHeā€™s really ruined itā€.

They admitted things werenā€™t going well and SS said they couldnā€™t proceed with adoption until ā€œfurther therapeutic workā€ was taken. What would it have taken to remove that baby and place him with another foster family? Or was that frowned upon because it would be too disruptive for him, and damage whatever caregiver attachments he may have formed? Poor baby really had no chance of a happy life from the moment he was removed from his birth parents.

• Sad
Reactions: 32

Iā€™ve just been reading this story. Absolutely sickening. Sounds like it was some sort of foster-to-adoption pathway? But they couldnā€™t cope and things were falling apart within weeks of the baby being placed with them. She admitted to assaulting the child over and over to her husband. The husband blamed the baby ā€œHeā€™s really ruined itā€.

They admitted things werenā€™t going well and SS said they couldnā€™t proceed with adoption until ā€œfurther therapeutic workā€ was taken. What would it have taken to remove that baby and place him with another foster family? Or was that frowned upon because it would be too disruptive for him, and damage whatever caregiver attachments he may have formed? Poor baby really had no chance of a happy life from the moment he was removed from his birth parents.
those text messages are absolutely repulsive, ā€œheā€™s ruined itā€ - heā€™s a BABY? what did they think looking after an infant was going to be like? she sounds amazed that it was hard work. poor poor little boy: he deserved to be lived and cherished (i know itā€™s not the point, but what an absolutely beautiful baby he was).

i donā€™t understand the SS approach either, they were obviously struggling and yet he was kept with them?

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 29
I dread to think how bad their foster parent training was if they thought having this little stranger land in their house was going to be easy? They seemed furious that he was unsettled and cried a lot. And instead of handing him back to SS they carried on, no doubt because of how bad they would look.

• Sad
Reactions: 17

I just read this story on the mail too, itā€™s so upsetting. Those texts are awful, her saying sheā€™s just ā€œleatheredā€ him - he was so tiny, how could anyone do that to a baby šŸ˜­

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
I have been waiting for this case to come to court. Itā€™s so disturbing and upsetting.
They obviously desperately wanted to be parents to put themselves through the process of applying for adoption, which by all accounts is very invasive.
Naive and cruel - did they expect a perfectly behaved baby? He probably missed his foster mum who had him from the day of his birth until he was 8months.
poor poor little Leiland will have been absolutely terrified of this strange, new angry lady. Everything will have been strange and different, and when he needed reassurance and comfort-she hit, pinched and smacked him. Heartbreaking. Honestly how can anyone hit a baby? I hope they throw the book at her.

• Sad
Reactions: 37
Honestly how can anyone hit a baby? I hope they throw the book at her.
I know, itā€™s sick beyond belief. And Iā€™d have sympathy with any parent struggling with a miserable baby. Itā€™s so hard to live with day in day out. Clearly she felt like sheā€™d made the biggest mistake of her life. But to resort to violence is just fucked up beyond belief.

There was another case with an adoptive parent abusing and murdering a child quite soon after the child was placed with them, wasnā€™t there? A gay couple in Wales?

Have started a thread for the live reporting.

Reactions: 6
Body found in Bowland forest, believed to be that of Katie Kenyon but not formally identified as of yet. So sad šŸ˜ž

• Sad
Reactions: 15
This woman was clearly mentally ill, surely no one of sound mind would live like this.
Poor little baby left to die, how can this happen in 2022?

• Sad
  • Sick
This woman was clearly mentally ill, surely no one of sound mind would live like this.
Poor little baby left to die, how can this happen in 2022?

I thought the same reading it though on one article I read it did say she was out partying days before the babyā€™s death šŸ˜• there was another older child living there to who survived.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
That poor little baby, not one single photo of her in the flat either which shows how little she meant to her mother. Nafahat deserved so much more than that.

Also really sad to hear of the body found in the search for Katie Kenyon, her poor children.

I thought the ā€œNo photosā€ angle was a strange one to take tbh. It sounds like they lived in utter filth and squalor, so Iā€™m not surprised there were no photos.

Reactions: 8
I have been waiting for this case to come to court. Itā€™s so disturbing and upsetting.
They obviously desperately wanted to be parents to put themselves through the process of applying for adoption, which by all accounts is very invasive.
Naive and cruel - did they expect a perfectly behaved baby? He probably missed his foster mum who had him from the day of his birth until he was 8months.
poor poor little Leiland will have been absolutely terrified of this strange, new angry lady. Everything will have been strange and different, and when he needed reassurance and comfort-she hit, pinched and smacked him. Heartbreaking. Honestly how can anyone hit a baby? I hope they throw the book at her.
They were actually already parents (to a daughter) which to me makes it worse.

It always makes me feel even sadder when I see there were other children involved. It just makes me think were they being abused themselves? Were they old enough to recognise what was going on, how would they have felt knowing that their mum and/or dad were hurting or not caring for their siblingā€¦ itā€™s just awful.

Reactions: 5
Just watching the Rikki Neave programm. Christ has a programme ever needed subtitles. I have a suspicion his mumā€™s disability may be alcoholismā€¦

Poor little Rikki. Iā€™ve no doubt his mum did her best but he deserved proper love & care.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.