Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Eureka

VIP Member
Just seen on the news the little cards the children in her class made for her today. Looks like the kids adored her, heartbreaking 😢
Her poor colleagues grieving their friend and coworker but having to find the strength to tell those children why she’s not there today. 💔 So many lives changed forever because of the actions of one man. I just can’t stop thinking about Aisling and her family 😢

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

Pixipoppy

VIP Member

7 years?! That’s manslaughter/attempted murder at a minimum surely? I know she isn’t dead but sounds like she is probably not even conscious anymore. Sickening.

• Angry
  • Sad

maytoseptember

VIP Member
I read someone on Twitter saying that people who refuse to come out and face the judge as they’re sentenced should have a few years added on. Sounds fair to me.

• Heart

dottynotty

Chatty Member
Social Services failed this boy and his mother. Social Services were aware of Laura Heath way before she was pregnant with Hakeem. She was reported to them in 2012 and despite heavy evidence of neglect, they left him there. He was 18 months at the time, sleeping on the floor in an uncarpeted flat. They bought him a bed and carpet for the flat, leaving him there although Laura was in an abusive relationship and using Heroin and Cannabis to block out her pain. She loved Hakeem very much but her mental health issues (PTSD/Anxiety and Depression)/abusive relationships and addictions prevented her from being a good mother. They removed 5 of her children, years before she was pregnant with Hakeem and they live with her mother. She didn’t smoke crack and was not a sex worker in 2012, when she left the tower block that she was in (2013), she had dumped the abusive boyfriend, was on methadone, set on turning her life around, and becoming a teacher. I am not making excuses for her, just highlighting SS failings and with more intervention I believe that he would still be alive now and maybe she could’ve turned her life around. The social workers involved should also be held accountable because they left Hakeem with a vulnerable, drug addicted adult. Birmingham Social Services have so much form for failing vulnerable children and adults but they always say “lessons will be learned.” Hog wash!!!
How can you confidently say she loved him? And that she could have turned wher life around. Maybe after her first child was taken but this was her sixth and addicts are still able of functioning - she gave him none of his medication and used his inhalers to inhale drugs. She failed her six children. Yes she was addicted to drugs but she would have had lots of opportunities and support to change - this was her 6th child and she couldn’t ensure he had a bed to sleep in. I can’t feel sorry for her. He should have been taken off her and put into a safe home. He was going to school smelling of cigarette smoke and urine. Abused from beginning to end. Someone could have loved and cherished this little boy. She didn’t deserve him. Yes she has issues but that is not love, it isn’t. 6 children down and because he wasn’t taken away like the others he ends up dead and dying in a horrific way. Did you see photos of the house and all of the drug paraphernalia?

Last edited:
  • Heart

flappyflapflaps

The interview with the child was heartbreaking.

I must admit I did raise a smile when the police officer jolted him in the wheelchair when they were arresting him and getting in the lift. I hope they took the long way over every bloody pothole in the county on the way to the police station.
Same. I couldn’t help laughing aloud, I wanted them to get him stuck halfway and have the lift doors shut on him. Repeatedly. I also had a wry laugh about the irony of him sustaining similar injuries from that van as he inflicted on that poor little baby, I bet he didn’t realise it was a tiny taste of his own medicine. I hope he gets really f**ked up in prison.

Last edited:

maytoseptember

VIP Member
He laughed his way through the trial and instead of taking it as a blatant lack of remorse the judge saw it as a sign of immaturity and cited that as a reason for his leniency. Unbelievable 😡
The fuck?

Really? Wow.

Funny how easily judges can be swayed to give men the benefit of the doubt.

quinzel

VIP Member
I didn't either but I really don't know what to think about this case . Would love to hear some of your thoughts .
I tend to think the most obvious scenario is the case here. If I remember correctly the weight of the collection from the bin lorry was very strange and extremely heavier than usual. I think unfortunately he did crawl into a bin and was then taken to that landfill site and he will never be found. It's such a sad case, can't even imagine how his family deal with it.

• Sad

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
I'm sure I read somewhere that she had a restraining order against her ex? If an 18 year old with a possibly violent ex goes missing then absolutely the parents did the right thing in calling the police, IMO. Doesn't matter if she was with him out of her own 'free will' when there's a history like that, it needs to get checked out.

Reactions: 20

Rekyavikgirl

VIP Member
I read he was bisexual. He had two children. I don’t know if it’s speculation that he was cruising or if there was some kind of evidence. He had been out for a meal and visited a few pubs beforehand so maybe it was just something he did every so often when he’d had a few (that’s me purely speculating now!).

He looked like such a kind and gentle man.
ah. i don't really get why though when he could just go on grindr or to a nightclub, a park to me is an odd place to go.
It's not that odd. Parks have long been hookup spots for some gay men. (I would add that men and women have the right to shag in public without some maniac murdering them just as the law has the right to do them for public indecency if someone objects.)

LilPinkie

VIP Member
Reading the live court updates in the Logan Mwangi trial. The mum seemed to be a bit of a narcissist. One minute she seemed to be over protective and always complaining to the school and the next she’s popping in a shoulder dislocation on him herself (!) and leaving him with a broken arm before eventually going to the hospital. I’m getting the impression the youth did this and the boyfriend covered it up with the mum just going along with it all. That poor little boy. 😔

• Sad

MissTeddy

VIP Member
I couldn't bring myself to listen to the Daniel Pelka one - i remember that case all too well and it still haunts me. The levels of ongoing cruelty were just unspeakable. Both vile abusers now dead.

• Sad
  • Heart

GeminiMoon

Chatty Member
Just listened to an episode on uk true crime podcast about the Alison Wilson murder. Her and her chap stopped as Good Samaritans to a man kicking off with his partner and the baby in the car seat was being thrown around. Alison’s chap intervened and got hit with a wine bottle and a serious facial injury from the smashed bottle and Alison was cut in the neck with the glass from the bottle and she unfortunately died. So awful and the perpetrator smirked upon his sentencing. If you Google her image she looks so lovely.
Just read up on it and I feel sick now! So many horrible details - the baby out late at night with its mother and being dropped face first on the pavement in the tussle, resulting in facial injuries; the Good Samaritan man being knocked unconscious and waking up to see his girlfriend holding her throat with a look of shock on her face; her having two cardiac arrests from ‘catastrophic blood loss’ and succumbing to her injuries after 6 days. Just dreadful. I would want to intervene as a Good Samaritan in a situation like this one but it seems likely it wouldn’t end well - best case scenario, you get into a relatively harmless scrap, worst case scenario you get stabbed or beaten to death.

• Sad
  • Heart

Tots

VIP Member
That footage is chilling 😥 This is so awful and it happened not far from where I live 😡

Slightly ot but I hate how in these situations men always say 'my daughter will never get married now I'll never get to walk her down the aisle' as if that's the biggest tragedy to come out of something like this 🙄
I understand what he’s saying, he’s referring to all the things that have been taken from her and her family by the defendant, all those opportunities robbed, their future gone. He’s referring to the big life events, he mentions she will never be a mum and they will never be grandparents to her children. It’s really to hammer home all the loss, it’s all consuming and all encompassing. I get it.

It’s weird isn’t it? Making it all about them and the experience they’ll miss out on.

• Heart

maytoseptember

VIP Member
First time reading about this one. Few years ago. Another baby murder. For crying out loud, don’t have a baby unless you truly want to care for one! These two look a right pair of reprobates too. Poor baby.

Looking at the mother I had a hunch that she was a vulnerable woman with learning disabilities. Reading the article it says she had diagnoses of epilepsy, cerebral palsy and autism. I bet you she had learning disabilities too - probably brain damage due to a birth injury. I’d bet money on it.

Not offering up excuses for her, more to point out that the baby never stood a chance and Nash should have been flagged as needing intervention during pregnancy.

• Heart

LilPinkie

VIP Member
This piece explains a lot.

And here's what I wrote on another forum on the day of his conviction:

"Levi Bellfield was already serving a whole life tariff in respect of his previous convictions so this trial was, in part I assume, in order to bring some kind of closure for the family. I therefore feel that Bob Dowler's statement that the trial has been 'too high a price to pay' quite extraordinary in the circumstances and feel certain he wouldn't be saying that if all his dirty little secrets were not now in the public demain. As for her sister saying that the day her parents were questioned in court was worse than finding out her sister had been murdered.....well, words fail me.

Milly had been unhappy at home, partly because of the things she found out about her father, as is apparent in some of the things she wrote. He was treated by the police as a suspect.

The case against Levi Bellfield was totally circumstantial.I feel it is ridiculous not to expect the defence to bring this into evidence. They are paid to put other people in the frame, muddy the waters, create doubt. They did their job.

And, having followed the trial, I don't feel that Milly's name was sullied in any way.

Unfortunately, each family statement today seemed to focus on their own suffering caused by the trial.....rather than as a result of the loss of Milly.

I've always thought they have been very dignified throughout the past nine years but I thought they came across badly today."
If you have read My Sister Milly, you will know the excruciating torment that poor family went through at the hands of everyone and the therapy they have had to go through. It is absolutely harrowing.

• Sad
  • Heart

thaliamay

Chatty Member

This disgusting pair. Anyone remember this in the news? The stepfather responsible for killing him has already been released 😡 its bad enough he was only sentenced to 7yrs,and her, fully complicit, received 2 yrs but got out well before her time also. Cruel callous evil pair. What is wrong with our sentencing here?!!! It's unbelievable how you can murder a child or allow someone else to and receive a few years behind bars, then you've got a potential terrorist jailed for 55yrs for planning an attack which never happened. Yes if it had that'd be horrific, and I understand would involve more lives lost than this little boys life, however a killers a killer and it takes a pure breed of evil to kill their own offspring. Doesn't his life mean a thing? Why shouldn't these so called parents receive the same sentence? As surely killing minors is the lowest you can go. Not at all downplaying a terrorist attack on a big scale I know they are truly horrific crimes. But so too are child killers and the pitiful sentencing laws here in the UK are shameful

• Wow
  • Sad
I don’t think at the time of a father expressing his grief at all they as a family have lost, it’s the time to be criticising the lack of progressiveness. These are the tangible losses he expected and now feels because she is still alive but will never go on to lead a normal life. For all we know she might have talked about wanting to get married and have kids all the time.
I completely agree. Also the bit about marriage was part of a much longer statement made by the family which talked about her career aspirations amongst other things. I dont really see mentioning not being able to see her be married or become a mother to their grandchildren as reducing what someone is worth or not being progressive. It's simply the family expressing their devastation at the loss of future hoped for shared experiences.

• Heart

TheOpposite

I’m late to this & only stumbled across the Steven Clark case recently. I’ve now watched the ITV documentary: Accused of murdering our son: Documentary about missing Steven Clark
First aired in April 2021.

So, my first thought is - why isn’t the sister mentioned at all?
Maybe she didn’t want to be featured in the documentary, but there isn’t a word about her, where she was the day he went missing or how she misses her brother?? It said there was only a year between them I think?
The parents were both employed by the police at a point - but for a very short time (strange?) but they seemed so uneducated about police procedures?
I felt throughout the documentary they were in good humour - often laughing. They were delighted to be cleared of the murder - - ecstatic! which is fair enough - to a certain extent - but neither of them seemed heartbroken that their son was still missing assumed murdered?
I thought it was really strange for the father to mention that he told Stephen he wasn’t going to pay for this football ticket? Considering they also mentioned he couldn’t find a job due to his disability and that the father also called him something like “a tight fisted wee boy” or words to that effect. Very odd language to use? Especially in these circumstances?

I can’t get over the fact the mother simply left those toilets and went home without either entering the mens toilets or asking someone else to? They also said they could not prove the father was actually at the football match.
I really feel there is more to this. I really felt they were holding back on their relationship with their son.
I really do hope Steven ran away & made a new life for himself, but I wouldn’t be shocked if they had of killed him either. They both come across extremely cold. It sounds like Steven had a lovely relationship with his nan. Suicide could have been a possibility too?
Hopefully one day the truth will come out.
I live near where he went missing and this case is ‘new’ to me because I not from the UK and didn’t live here when he went missing. My older work colleague however is from Saltburn and ’word on the street’ is that he was never there (the beach or toilets) and the parents are responsible. The police just don’t have the evidence to prove it. Having waited numerous times for my sons to exit those exact toilets, I just can’t imagine how he wouldn’t have been seen or where he would have disappeared to.

Unfortunately, I don’t believe it’s a mystery. Some happened at the family home and the parents concocted a ‘missing’ story.

• Sad