Real Life Crime and Murder #4 goss

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Not sure if this has been mentioned already but it’s just so sad. That poor woman had a lifetime of abuse from him and there were so many opportunities missed to help her. She must have been absolutely at the end of her tether with it all to kill him
Hopefully she will get a pardon, such an awful life she’s had to lead and let down by so many people. Apparently she wrote a book called “everyone knew” or something similar, desperately sad

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Two horrendous examples of violence against women in court today.

This case in Scotland went to sentencing:

And this domestic violence murder in which charges have been brought.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Has anyone watched the sophie toscan du plantier documentary on sky?
Yes! I am watching it right now. On episode 3. I was convinced it was the prime suspect but now that we have seen a bit of him I’m not too sure? I tend to believe him! What’s your thoughts?

The First 48 is one of my favs too. It's a close run thing but Cold Justice just pips it as my absolute favourite.
Cold Justice is so good! I love Kelly Siegler. I would love them to take some suggestions on cases to look at.

I read a book about Fred and Rose. He wouldn’t allow the girls to wear sanitary towels or tampons during their periods and wouldn’t even allow them to wear knickers during them neither as he wanted them bleed freely and it disgusts me that even during the most intimate moments they weren’t given a moment of privacy or decency from their parents.

Edit: I found the book online and here’s the exact quote.View attachment 627126
I read a book about them years ago. I really wish I hadn’t. Just absolutely horrendous, there are no words for the depravity.

Reactions: 1
Cold Justice is so good! I love Kelly Siegler. I would love them to take some suggestions on cases to look at.
I get the very distinct impression the CJ team are VERY selective and only take cases they have a very real prospect of solving with say two or three suspects maximum (they have tackled cases with more but they are few and far between)

Because you have to have convictions to make the show work. I don't want to watch week after week of them taking on cases with absolutely no arrests or even taking a case to the grand jury. Who does?

But all I really want is Alan Brown to come back 😩 He was my absolute fav detective helper 🥰 He worked seasons 1-3 then he was gone 😭

Get rid of that arrogant and completely crazy right wing nut job Steve Spingola!

Last edited:
Re: Sophie Toscan Du Plantier, I don't believe Ian Bailey killed her.

Yes certainly he's a strange man and undoubtedly a massive attention seeker, but I don't believe he's a murderer.
I've read a lot about the case over the years and have family and friends not a million miles from Schull.
General concensus there seem to be a) that the police really messed up the evidence and the case, and b) there's speculation that the murderer may actually be a policeman.

There's a good podcast about the case worth listening to. It's called 'West Cork.

Re: Sophie Toscan Du Plantier, I don't believe Ian Bailey killed her.

Yes certainly he's a strange man and undoubtedly a massive attention seeker, but I don't believe he's a murderer.
I've read a lot about the case over the years and have family and friends not a million miles from Schull.
General concensus there seem to be a) that the police really messed up the evidence and the case, and b) there's speculation that the murderer may actually be a policeman.

There's a good podcast about the case worth listening to. It's called 'West Cork.
Same I heard it was a garda as well. In fairness how the duck do you lose a gate that size!! Also I think they needed to look more into the husband as they were on the brink of divorce it would have been his 3rd and very costly. They both had affairs but after Sophie died the husband married his mistress. There isn't a shadow of a doubt Ian Bailey is as mad as a box of frogs and the statements he made can be seen as black humour, bit like the irish saying I will ya. And the man that seemed to be following her and watching her

Same I heard it was a garda as well. In fairness how the duck do you lose a gate that size!! Also I think they needed to look more into the husband as they were on the brink of divorce it would have been his 3rd and very costly. They both had affairs but after Sophie died the husband married his mistress. There isn't a shadow of a doubt Ian Bailey is as mad as a box of frogs and the statements he made can be seen as black humour, bit like the irish saying I will ya. And the man that seemed to be following her and watching her
I was watching the third episode last night and one of the detectives that worked on the case was insinuating that Bailey "took his coat off when he was killing her"
I mean, think about it. A miserable cold, wet night in December and a frenzied unplanned killing. Would your first thought REALLY be "Oh hang on a sec, have to take my coat off for a minute", the detective then claimed that he (Bailey) burned the coat, but he was seen wearing it in the video of the swim 3 (?) days later.

I find this story really odd, I don’t get why or how she killed him or how he ended up in the water as her stories don’t match up. Also chasing your husband or partner around and filming them, saying they will rot in hell for not letting you see the children and then leaking it to the daily Mail probably isn’t the greatest idea.

Reactions: 4
I was watching the third episode last night and one of the detectives that worked on the case was insinuating that Bailey "took his coat off when he was killing her"
I mean, think about it. A miserable cold, wet night in December and a frenzied unplanned killing. Would your first thought REALLY be "Oh hang on a sec, have to take my coat off for a minute", the detective then claimed that he (Bailey) burned the coat, but he was seen wearing it in the video of the swim 3 (?) days later.
Sure we all know gardai can be as lazy so they just wanted to pin it on someone handy rather than launch a lengthy proper investigation.

Sure we all know gardai can be as lazy so they just wanted to pin it on someone handy rather than launch a lengthy proper investigation.
Just finished it and I really do not think that Bailey done this!! He was a little eccentric and they pinned it on him I think!

Not sure what they're struggling with? Maybe the lesser charges? 🤔

I think we may get a verdict this afternoon now.
From what I’ve read he’s admitted possessing a shotgun with intent to cause the victim of the shooting fear of violence, but has denied attempted murder, possession of a shotgun with intent to endanger life, wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and possessing a shotgun with intent to cause fear of violence against a man who witnessed the incident.

I’m guessing they can’t agree on what his intent was.

Reactions: 2
From what I’ve read he’s admitted possessing a shotgun with intent to cause the victim of the shooting fear of violence, but has denied attempted murder, possession of a shotgun with intent to endanger life, wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and possessing a shotgun with intent to cause fear of violence against a man who witnessed the incident.

I’m guessing they can’t agree on what his intent was.
He planned it for a year, laid in wait for an hour then the following from the report I've linked:

"They (the police) tried to open the car doors, but finding them locked, they smashed its windows, raised the door plunger and dragged the defendant from the vehicle, arresting him on suspicion of attempted murder. He replied 'Yeah, I'm 100% guilty of that'," said PC Sullivan, adding the boy had "appeared to be smiling". He said the boy told officers: "I've done what I wanted to do, as scummy as it is."

I think his intent is clear on the attempted murder charge.

• Wow
  • Sad
He planned it for a year, laid in wait for an hour then the following from the report I've linked:

"They (the police) tried to open the car doors, but finding them locked, they smashed its windows, raised the door plunger and dragged the defendant from the vehicle, arresting him on suspicion of attempted murder. He replied 'Yeah, I'm 100% guilty of that'," said PC Sullivan, adding the boy had "appeared to be smiling". He said the boy told officers: "I've done what I wanted to do, as scummy as it is."

I think his intent is clear on the attempted murder charge.

😲 horrific

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.