Real Life Crime and Murder #4 goss

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if this has already been discussed before, but what are everybody’s thoughts on Michael Stone murdering Lyn and Megan Russell? I’ve been reading up on it and there is something about a missing bootlace with someone else’s dna and some towels with dna on that also wasn’t his.

Absolutely horrific those murders. I’ve read what has happened many times and each time I read it still shocks me to my core.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Sorry if this has already been discussed before, but what are everybody’s thoughts on Michael Stone murdering Lyn and Megan Russell? I’ve been reading up on it and there is something about a missing bootlace with someone else’s dna and some towels with dna on that also wasn’t his.

Absolutely horrific those murders. I’ve read what has happened many times and each time I read it still shocks me to my core.
I don't think it was Levi Bellfield. I think his ex (who hates him) says she is sure he was with her on that day (a birthday or something).

Reactions: 2

I’m not sure who did it but I completely do not think it was Michael Stone.

Reactions: 5
I watched a BBC programme (think it was a two or three parter) on the conviction a few years ago and I honestly can't believe how little 'evidence' he was convicted on. Both myself and my partner agreed we wouldn't have voted guilty based on what was covered in the show.

But I don't think it was Bellfield either. I know there was a hammer involved but, other than that, I don't think it fits his known MO at all, which is stalking lone pretty blonde women at night and the brazen, opportunistic but ultimately very well covered up kidnap & murder (and I'm sure rape) of a teenage girl. There's no doubt in my mind Bellfield is a bleeping piece of work with many victims - I'm just not convinced the Russells are included in that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I don't believe it was Michael Stone. I think he was an easy target to blame, a bit like Barry George who was accused of Jill Dando's murder.

I don't think it was Levi Bellfield either though.

I watched a BBC programme (think it was a two or three parter) on the conviction a few years ago and I honestly can't believe how little 'evidence' he was convicted on. Both myself and my partner agreed we wouldn't have voted guilty based on what was covered in the show.

But I don't think it was Bellfield either. I know there was a hammer involved but, other than that, I don't think it fits his known MO at all which is stalking lone pretty blonde women at night and the brazen, opportunistic but ultimately very well covered up kidnap & murder (and I'm sure rape) of a teenage girl. There's no doubt in my mind Bellfield is a bleeping piece of work with many victims - I'm just not convinced the Russells are included in that.
Yes. Was it The Chillindon Murders I think on BBC2? I didn’t realise until I watched that.

Reactions: 3
Yes. Was it The Chillindon Murders I think on BBC2? I didn’t realise until I watched that.
That sounds familiar and, having just looked it up - yes, pretty sure that was it.

I don't think I ever realised the case against him was so flimsy before either. I think it's very easy to write off people who say they are wrongly convicted - I'd like to think our justice system does get it right the majority of the time, especially in this day and age (unlike the USA, my favourite bugbear 😅) - but his conviction just doesn't sit well with me a lot all. Far too easy to blame the local "nutter" 25 years ago and get away with it.....

Reactions: 8
That sounds familiar and, having just looked it up - yes, pretty sure that was it.

I don't think I ever realised the case against him was so flimsy before either. I think it's very easy to write off people who say they are wrongly convicted - I'd like to think our justice system does get it right the majority of the time, especially in this day and age (unlike the USA, my favourite bugbear 😅) - but his conviction just doesn't sit well with me a lot all. Far too easy to blame the local "nutter" 25 years ago and get away with it.....
Exactly. Oh, I know, the US is ridiculous. The miscarriages of justice, the untruths that are allowed during interrogation, the way rape victims have been treated. It’s absolutely shocking.

Reactions: 4
Not technically crime (as yet) but this is really bleeping weird. And she looks like the oldest 11 year old I've ever seen.

I know CCTV isn’t ever going to be flattering but this took me aback a bit she doesn’t look like a preteen child here.

Find the clothing line specifically by tower bridge a really weird detail - like it’s almost too detailed it feels off? I don’t know any 11 year olds but do they tend to be so career orientated or that detailed? Why would a girl from Bolton care about Tower Bridge?

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 10
That is one strange missing case for sure! Aged 11 and boarding a train all that way late at night. What on earth.

Reactions: 8
That really doesn’t look like the girl that has gone missing or an 11 year old. I might watch too much true crime as I think something has happened to the girl, the parents know about it and they have got someone close to the family to dress as their daughter and travel to London 👀

• Wow
Reactions: 19
I know CCTV isn’t ever going to be flattering but this took me aback a bit she doesn’t look like a preteen child here.

Find the clothing line specifically by tower bridge a really weird detail - like it’s almost too detailed it feels off? I don’t know any 11 year olds but do they tend to be so career orientated or that detailed? Why would a girl from Bolton care about Tower Bridge?

Just my $0.02 but I have known 11 year olds that have been extremely career driven (my OH being one of them). Granted it has mainly been for areas such as medicine which really does impact on your subject choice at school. Personally I wouldn't read too much into that. It could possibly be desperate parents wondering why she took off to London with no notice. That info isn't in the BBC article and I'm inclined to double check DM articles as their fact checking can be questionable at times.

But I do agree there's something odd about this. Children of that age go missing every day so the fact her case has been highlighted in the media so quickly is worrying. I hope she's ok as that age is far too young to be wandering about anywhere on their own.

That really doesn’t look like the girl that has gone missing or an 11 year old. I might watch too much true crime as I think something has happened to the girl, the parents know about it and they have got someone close to the family to dress as their daughter and travel to London 👀
This was exactly my thoughts when I read the article!

Reactions: 6

I thought that too, clothing business near tower bridge? Why tower bridge, such a a strange detail. I agree that the CCTV, doesn’t look young enough to be her. Very strange and something definitely feels a bit off

Reactions: 6
Something smells fishy. Very unusual for someone of that age to be thinking of leaving home and setting up a business.
Tower bridge is located in the financial district of London. It's not somewhere where you would set up a clothing business. It's quite common now days for clothing business to be born as start ups online.

Last edited:
If she was reported missing at 10:45pm and didn’t arrived at her final stop until 1am, that seems plenty of time to transport police to be made aware of quite a distinctive person especially as trains are still very empty.

I don’t get the clothing business thing, nor how she managed to get to London or by the tickets on her own.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.