Real Life Crime and Murder #4 goss

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“He added that Fatuma may have travelled to the city to pursue her ambition of setting up a clothing business near Tower Bridge or to go sightseeing.”

I love when children have dreams and ambitions but how realistic is this actually?

sounds all very odd.

Reactions: 10
That’s made me feel very sick for some reason it’s given me a really iffy feeling about it🙁

Reactions: 2
Personally I wouldn't read too much into that. It could possibly be desperate parents wondering why she took off to London with no notice. That info isn't in the BBC article and I'm inclined to double check DM articles as their fact checking can be questionable at times.
It's true about the clothing business and Tower Bridge - the information was released by the police.

Reactions: 2
Something smells fishy. Very unusual for someone of that age to be thinking of leaving home and setting up a business.
Tower bridge is located in the financial district of London. It's not somewhere where you would set up a clothing business. It's quite common now days for clothing business to be born as start ups online.
That’s what I was just thinking - it’s not a particularly ~glam~ area that would capture a child’s imagination. Nor is it a particularly Asian or Muslim area that she’d perhaps want to go to as Bolton must be an isolating experience for a young Muslim girl? Really odd

Reactions: 1
It's true about the clothing business and Tower Bridge - the information was released by the police.

Ah, thanks for the due diligence.

--------------------------

Picking up on that, I still maintain that children can maintain a special interest in niche subjects/areas even if they have no direct experience (the article says she's never been to London before). Although if she is in that area, making it such public knowledge would surely make her move on?

I'm thinking of previous missing person cases concerning vulnerable individuals and the police usually drip feed information. There seems to have been a lot of information released about her and her disappearance extremely quickly IMHO.

It is plausible she could have made it there without a ticket. I've known of someone during a mental breakdown who managed to travel a fair distance by train without tickets and dodged stations without barriers.

Reactions: 4
That’s what I was just thinking - it’s not a particularly ~glam~ area that would capture a child’s imagination. Nor is it a particularly Asian or Muslim area that she’d perhaps want to go to as Bolton must be an isolating experience for a young Muslim girl? Really odd
Bolton has a big Asian community.

Reactions: 6
The clothing business/sightseeing stuff wouldn’t be so odd if she’d gone during the day. But even an 11 year old would know that there would be no point going to do that so late at night?

I wonder if there was adult involvement. Someone helping her get there with somewhere for her to stay? The positive side of me wants to say someone with no bad intentions (maybe she needed help getting away from something?) but of course it could also mean she had been groomed. It just seems to strange for it to be so late at night when she’s so young.

Reactions: 8
The clothing business/sightseeing stuff wouldn’t be so odd if she’d gone during the day. But even an 11 year old would know that there would be no point going to do that so late at night?

I wonder if there was adult involvement. Someone helping her get there with somewhere for her to stay? The positive side of me wants to say someone with no bad intentions (maybe she needed help getting away from something?) but of course it could also mean she had been groomed. It just seems to strange for it to be so late at night when she’s so young.
Or maybe she wants to get away from home. Something possibly culture-related. Maybe she enjoys life more Westernised. Could be anything, obviously just speculating.

Reactions: 3
How street wise is this child? I can’t imagine travelling to a big city, by myself at night, at the age of 11. I doubt I would have the money or the knowledge to buy train tickets, let alone get to the station by myself (unless it was a short walk away?). And wanting to go to London to start a business? Where is she planning to live? With what funds?

And since the Philpots, I’m instantly suspicious when parents make televised appeals.

This is a very strange case.

Reactions: 13
She’s been found, sky news said she had a substantial amount of money on her?? My son is 11 years old and I don’t even let him catch the bus on his own 🤦‍♀️😂 plus he knows that I would probably kill him if he even attempted to do something like this
Depending on what her parents do (tradesmen, shops, etc) they may have a lot of cash lying about the house that she may have accessed. But in doing that it suggests she intended to be gone a long time without parental involvement, which makes me worry about what they’re like to her 😔

Reactions: 9
Really odd, especially the “might be sightseeing” bit- an 11 year old going sightseeing at midnight?!

However I think the tower bridge bit refers to tower hamlets generally, which has a v big Bangladeshi/ Pakistani population and was traditionally a garment making district. It makes me wonder if she was being groomed by someone there?
The lines the police have given are very much about an innocent reason, she’s not in trouble, maybe she just had an idea but her parents are worried so please get in touch….

hope she’s ok 🙏🏻

Oh phew glad she’s be s found

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
There is an asian community not far from there as tower bridge comes under tower hamlets but all that money and setting up a clothing business just sounds odd. The east end garment and textile industry is long gone. It's just shops, restaurants and markets now. I'm glad she's been found anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
There is an asian community not far from there as tower bridge comes under tower hamlets but all that money and setting up a clothing business just sounds odd. The east end garment and textile industry is long gone. It's just shops, restaurants and markets now. I'm glad she's been found anyway.
Oh I know there’s gonna be populations anywhere sorry if I offended, but I was thinking in terms of where you’d go to buy Asian clothes - it would be further out east surely. Tbh my knowledge is limited as I’m not Asian, I’m just thinking of the places my Asian friends go shopping and we’re all in east anyway so there may be like for like in other parts…

This is like that bizarre Bristol McDonald’s abduction story, we’ll never hear anything of it again now she’s thankfully safe

Reactions: 3
She could be a runaway. Not happy at home.
There's definitely a racist element to some comments I've seen online speculating that she's fleeing FGM but I really hope this isn't the case. The whole thing is so bizarre and I honestly think there's much more to it.

Reactions: 4
There's definitely a racist element to some comments I've seen online speculating that she's fleeing FGM but I really hope this isn't the case. The whole thing is so bizarre and I honestly think there's much more to it.
Sadly, that is a thought that crossed my mind too.

Btw, all this talk about Asian areas etc - she is Ethiopian.

Very strange case and there must be more to it than meets the eye. I hope she was questioned before being returned to her family.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.