Real Life Crime and Murder #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know murders are happening frequently, but this just chills me to the bone. There are literally cars going past not that far away. What a disgrace of a human to just take someone’s life just like that. It’s made me angry 😡
Yes I felt the same about the cars going past. So very sad.

Reactions: 5
My brain just can’t fathom most cases, plucking a stranger off the street, chilling. The fear Maria must have felt. Cannot begin to understand how you even think to act like this. Applaud cameras all over the show - really does seem like these ring door type cameras and home security ones are going to be recording a lot of what’s going on on the streets and being key to many cases.

Reactions: 7
I was out walking the dog today and for the first time in ages felt really uneasy. These cases really make you realise how vulnerable we are. I hate that we can’t even enjoy simple things. ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I saw daughters post too. the images have been released by the MET police .

I know she's understandably distraught about her Mum but could her posting that he's her Mum Murderer jeopardise any case against him ?
I don’t see how? They’re not going to let a murderer off because the victims daughter reshared an image on Facebook

this case has really thrown me. She’s just walking down the road. All on camera. How horrific

Reactions: 3
I don’t see how? They’re not going to let a murderer off because the victims daughter reshared an image on Facebook

this case has really thrown me. She’s just walking down the road. All on camera. How horrific
i meant more she said he was her Mums murderer (which it seems likely he is) .

i cant believe it either its a residential area , Likely lots of cameras, passing traffic etc which makes it all the more shocking.

Reactions: 1
If he wants to sue her for slander then that’s on him but I think it’s a very American idea that media and public discussion about a case jephorises the case by tainting the jury somehow

I felt so scared watching that footage, I can't fathom how Maria must've felt

Reactions: 2
but I think it’s a very American idea that media and public discussion about a case jephorises the case by tainting the jury somehow
No, I think it's a very British idea that EVERYONE is entitled to a fair trial no matter what they are accused of. That's why, once someone is charged, all speculation/rumour/gossip by the media should (and in 99% of cases does) stop and comment are closed on newspaper articles as soon as charges are brought and whilst trials are ongoing. You can't really do much about social media unfortunately.

The USA, on the other hand, clearly don't give a duck about fair trials given the amount of publicity and information they allow before a case gets anywhere near a court room. Take, for example, the latest obsession - Lori & Chad Daybell. I think we're at three Dateline episodes and at least one 48 Hours so far (to my knowledge - there are probably other similar shows covering it) and that's not even gone to trial yet. But then, beforehand and once it starts, you get 24/7 rolling coverage on Court TV, gobshites like Nancy Grace arguing it out every night live and a jury that's not sequestered no doubt so can watch, read and talk to whoever they like.

And as much as I would love to watch the trials I follow here, I'm very glad our justice system is not a media circus. There was a programme on BBC2 about the murder of Margaret Fleming in Scotland and filming was allowed (I believe they do allow filming of sentencing remarks and appeals in high profile cases there - I think this was maybe a trial run (no pun intended) for filming an actual trial) and the show featured important parts of the trial including witness testimony but it was shown way after the verdict was delivered. I would be in favour of something like that.

Reactions: 11
Yes I felt the same about the cars going past. So very sad.
This actually terrified me. I don't know about everyone else, but as a woman I am becoming increasingly terrified being outside alone, I haven't been out in the dark alone since autumn laast year, but then seeing this in the middle of the day.. I am speechless

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Does anyone follow the case of the West Memphis 3? It’s probably my favourite true crime case (if you can have a “favourite”)
Anyway, I’ve just seen on Damien Echols Twitter that the Arkansas prosecutor have confirmed that the evidence has either been lost or destroyed. I can’t believe the lengths the state will go to to ensure these 3 men don’t clear their names, it’s just so unfair and so unfair the 3 murdered boys will never get justice 😞

• Sad
Maria Rawlings was murdered about a 5 min drive from my house. Barley Lane which is on the same road as the hospital and where she was found is a very busy road with a bus stop right near where he took her. There are houses facing the bushes along with a college! It really freaked me out last week, we just kept hearing reports of a woman’s body being found and assumed it was drug related or suicide as there is a mental health hospital on the same road. I was looking on the Ilford Recorder page on FB and a guy posted up footage of the suspect trying to get into his car. I think this may have been an attempted robbery which led to murder.
No idea why she was down this way, no mention of her working around here or why she was at the hospital, but she is walking strange and at first I thought she was drunk. If she’d have screamed someone would have heard.
it’s all just so sad

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I record A Killer in my Village, which is on every night on PICK tv; which is a Free view channel. I think it was originally shown on SKY. Followed by Britain's Evil Killers.

Reactions: 2
Maria Rawlings was murdered about a 5 min drive from my house. Barley Lane which is on the same road as the hospital and where she was found is a very busy road with a bus stop right near where he took her. There are houses facing the bushes along with a college! It really freaked me out last week, we just kept hearing reports of a woman’s body being found and assumed it was drug related or suicide as there is a mental health hospital on the same road. I was looking on the Ilford Recorder page on FB and a guy posted up footage of the suspect trying to get into his car. I think this may have been an attempted robbery which led to murder.
No idea why she was down this way, no mention of her working around here or why she was at the hospital, but she is walking strange and at first I thought she was drunk. If she’d have screamed someone would have heard.
it’s all just so sad
I read the initial reporting wrong and thought she was walking down the A12, which I couldn't understand as she lived in Chelmsford. To see where she was actually walking (and appears to have been abducted) on the CCTV,in such a public place, was a shock. It said she was 'visiting' the hospital but no idea of that was for an appointment (I know I've had MRI appointments in the evening) or seeing someone.

I actually live in Ilford but I'm a fairly recent transplant and don't really know the area at all. I don't drive here, as it all just seems so aggressive and it actually terrifies me, and I think I've been out twice on my own (walked to the shop) in two years. I want to start walking in my local, very public, very busy park but even that worries me.

I read and watch too much crime I think! 🙈

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.