Real Life Crime and Murder #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Link doesn't work for me

Nor me.

The main thing that really pisses me off about this case and the news coverage is the attention mainly being on Barnaby and Grace and their families whilst Ian Coates always seems to be an afterthought. Don't get me wrong, the whole thing is tragic and 2 youngsters cut down in their prime is heinous, but he was also a human being with a family and relatively young. Boils my piss and I find it very disrespectful tbh.

Reactions: 50
Nor me.

The main thing that really pisses me off about this case and the news coverage is the attention mainly being on Barnaby and Grace and their families whilst Ian Coates always seems to be an afterthought. Don't get me wrong, the whole thing is tragic and 2 youngsters cut down in their prime is heinous, but he was also a human being with a family and relatively young. Boils my piss and I find it very disrespectful tbh.
I think a lot of it is down to the awful way the press seem to focus more on who they see as a ‘worthy victim’. They both are from middle class, professional families who are very articulate. Would there be so much attention for them if they were from a council estate?

Reactions: 23
Nor me.

Yes I've often thought this too. Have his family been as vocal as the other families or have we just not seen it?
Just so sad, poor guy on his way to work at the crack of dawn and gets murdered.

• Sad
Reactions: 27
Yes I've often thought this too. Have his family been as vocal as the other families or have we just not seen it?
Just so sad, poor guy on his way to work at the crack of dawn and gets murdered.
There's a short doc on BBC about these murders and his family are in it and say they felt really upset as all the vigils / news reports etc were centered around the students and not their Dad. Was really sad actually, they were included in the doc but it still felt like 'oh btw this guy died too'

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Watch Big Cases on BBCiPlayer - his family talk about how they weren’t even invited to the vigil- they found out by accident 😔

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
can anyone remember the name of the woman or the man that was arrested for alledgedly killing her at his house? I'm trying to google it but sadly so many women are killed I can't narrow it down. It was around last year somewhere in the UK, she was missing for a few days I think, in her early twenties maybe, I vaugely remember maybe the man was related to her and was just out of prison? He had tattoos. Possibly a traveller? Somebody else was arrested as well for perverting the course of justice I think? I remember her parents being on the news

can anyone remember the name of the woman or the man that was arrested for alledgedly killing her at his house? I'm trying to google it but sadly so many women are killed I can't narrow it down. It was around last year somewhere in the UK, she was missing for a few days I think, in her early twenties maybe, I vaugely remember maybe the man was related to her and was just out of prison? He had tattoos. Possibly a traveller? Somebody else was arrested as well for perverting the course of justice I think? I remember her parents being on the news
Chloe Mitchell?

Nor me.

I was thinking this earlier. That Times link doesn't even bother putting his photo in. He mattered, too.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I was reading about this story yesterday - if the deceased was accused of murder why on earth wasn't he on remand? You shouldn't be bailed at home when you're on a murder charge surely?? The girl's poor parents have now been denied seeing justice done.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I was reading about this story yesterday - if the deceased was accused of murder why on earth wasn't he on remand? You shouldn't be bailed at home when you're on a murder charge surely?? The girl's poor parents have now been denied seeing justice done.

I've also been reading about this today, absolutely bleeping awful for her poor family. Good riddance, but a crying shame they won't see justice.

This article has a lot of detail, it is upsetting. I actually can't believe he carried her coffin.

• Wow
Reactions: 11

So he was on trial for raping and strangling his very young ex and wasn’t on remand? That’s shocking, what did he have to do to show that he was a risk?

Reactions: 9
This is horrific. The poor, poor girl. Is her sister one of the accused? Shame on the women involved too. I can't believe what I'm reading. It's sickening to think of what that poor girl went through with nobody defending her. Not even her own sister.

Reactions: 4
This is horrific. The poor, poor girl. Is her sister one of the accused? Shame on the women involved too. I can't believe what I'm reading. It's sickening to think of what that poor girl went through with nobody defending her. Not even her own sister.
I don’t think the sister is one of the co-accused. I’m assuming she didn’t know he was cheating on her with her sister.
I wonder why all those other women were prepared to lie for him though.
I hope he is caught soon.

Reactions: 2
No, her sister (Christina/Nina) is not one of the others charged. They are named here:

Reactions: 2
How could they have observed the bruises on her legs and know she was raped, but still accept it was suicide??
It sounds like a very weird situation. Married to her sister but controlling her like he's her partner.

Reactions: 4
Having read that article I genuinely cannot understand why he wasn’t in custody. He was clearly a very dangerous man. Poor Katie was terrified of him 😞

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.