Real Life Crime and Murder #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've also been reading about this today, absolutely bleeping awful for her poor family. Good riddance, but a crying shame they won't see justice.

This article has a lot of detail, it is upsetting. I actually can't believe he carried her coffin.
Thank you for sharing that Irish Times piece - what an utterly horrific, misogynistic investigation. There needs to be an enquiry. Its a tragedy.

Reactions: 11
Poor Katie, she must've been terrified of him for many years and these other two women how could they let that happen or keep quiet? I cannot believe he was not on remand for murder?? I'm genuinely baffled at how not only a rapist but a murderer was on bail and then killed himself. Her family must be heartbroken that he was able to do it.

Reactions: 10
I don’t think I would call it cheating with the younger sister when the Irish article says this

Detective Sergeant James Brannigan told the court police believed he “controlled and coerced Katie since she was a child of 9 or 10″.

Even if it appeared she consented at any point, how scared was she of him for all of those years? And quite justified too seeing as he went on to kill her.

He wasn’t a cheat. He was a controlling, abusive, rapist, murderer.

• Sad
Reactions: 32
I agree he wasn't cheating with her. He groomed and raped her.

I thought the article said that whatever happened to Katie happened when her sister was at the house?

Reactions: 7
One of my husband’s aquatinces son’s got bail when he murdered his ex. He was a monster who did get found guilty.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
The fact that she’s been recalled so many times proves that she shouldn’t be released.

Reactions: 16

I'd never heard of this case before - how awful
The other girl who helped her was released in 2009 and got a new, taxpayer funded identity for her and her daughter. Her daughter was born after she had a relationship with another inmate in an open prison.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
If anybody is interested Christopher Eccleston 14th May on Sky History called Innocent Guilty.Quite interesting it looks,goes back to crimes awhile ago like James Hanratty who loads thought was Innocent but he was guilty.

Reactions: 1
Article with horrific testimony from his ex partner, who would have been giving evidence. What an evil bleep of a man.

His poor ex as well. She must have testified against him before as he had already been to prison because of seriously assaulting her, including choking. And then when he got out people threw him a bleeping party. Scum enabled by other scum.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Errrrrrr.....how?🤨
Not sure, but here’s the article https://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news-headlines/34144/lily-relative-attacks-killer’s-namechange

Healey gave birth to a daughter in April after a relationship with an inmate from another open jail.’

Edit: read another online from Manchester news but can’t link here

The father is Michael Dent, who was serving time for drugs offences.
Dent, who was at Moorlands open prison in Doncaster, met Healey when he went to Askham as a "prison representative" at a forum about re-offending with civil servants, business leaders and charities.
Healey was providing the catering along with other inmates.
Prisoners allowed out on day-release are usually subject to stringent conditions, although they are not normally barred from meeting partners
.’

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.