Real Life Crime and Murder #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If anyone remembers the Alfie Steele case there's a programme on Saturday evening about him called Britain's Deadliest Families. It's on Quest Red

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Who was this about please?
Sorry I googled afterwards 😳
---
If anyone remembers the Alfie Steele case there's a programme on Saturday evening about him called Britain's Deadliest Families. It's on Quest Red
He seemed like such a sweet little boy and opportunities were missed to get him out of that environment.

The boyfriend is obviously a psycho but I don't understand the mother's behaviour, practically anyone could have taken better care of him than she did.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
The neighbour that reported the abuse and went to court probably really helped get a conviction. Apparently he was up at 5am moping floors. How they let the boyfriend live in the house I do not know. Poor boy, just wanted to be loved. Amazes me that mothers will stand back and watch their kids being abused. She should've got tried for murder too.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Thank you. This story was so sad and didn’t get as much coverage as other cases around the same time - guessing because he was older but the 999 call from the neighbour saying they could hear them doing stuff to him in the bathroom must haunt that neighbour every day that she tried but was ignored

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I thought this was quite remarkable. Although I do wonder if he was in Thailand the entire time and they only located him when he returned through Heathrow, and possibly of his own accord.

A wanted man who has been outstanding for almost three decades has now been arrested.

Following work between Cheshire Police and National Crime Agency (NCA) International, Richard Burrows was arrested on Thursday 28 March at Heathrow Airport having returned to the UK from Thailand.

The 80-year-old had been wanted by Cheshire Police since December 1997 when he failed to attend Chester Crown Court where he was due to stand trial for two counts of buggery and 11 counts of indecent assault.

The charges relate to the historic sexual abuse of children which is alleged to have occurred between 1969 and 1971.

Reactions: 8
I thought this was quite remarkable. Although I do wonder if he was in Thailand the entire time and they only located him when he returned through Heathrow, and possibly of his own accord.

A wanted man who has been outstanding for almost three decades has now been arrested.

Following work between Cheshire Police and National Crime Agency (NCA) International, Richard Burrows was arrested on Thursday 28 March at Heathrow Airport having returned to the UK from Thailand.

The 80-year-old had been wanted by Cheshire Police since December 1997 when he failed to attend Chester Crown Court where he was due to stand trial for two counts of buggery and 11 counts of indecent assault.

The charges relate to the historic sexual abuse of children which is alleged to have occurred between 1969 and 1971.
Most likely ran out of money so he returned of his own accord so that he can get free bed and board at His Majesty’s pleasure.

Reactions: 16
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
It’s being reported in quite an interesting way. My first thought was that it’s not far from where Lee Boxell went missing… imagine if that was finally an answer for his family after all this time.
I hope for his families sake they do find him. He’s been missing for over 35 years 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 9
It’s being reported in quite an interesting way. My first thought was that it’s not far from where Lee Boxell went missing… imagine if that was finally an answer for his family after all this time.

Bloody hell now that's got me thinking. Would bring them a tiny iota of closure if it's Lee. If not Lee, closure for some other poor sods family.

ETA - 'urgent forensic analysis 🤔 Wouldn't it always be 'urgent' for something like this though?

EATA - ten miles from Lee's last sighting on Sutton high street. 26 min drive 🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Sadly there are so many people out there with missing loved ones. Not knowing what happened must be so hard to live with.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
The Apple River stabbings on Court TV is an interesting trial. Very conflicting circumstances.

I think he went way beyond reasonable force, what do you think?
I think the charges are too strong. I think he deserves some sentence but I do think he lashed out in self-defence. That video is awful but I felt uncomfortable with what they were doing to him before the attacks, the laughing and jeering. The names they were calling him were awful. I don’t think they deserved it but think they went too far with a complete stranger, not knowing how he would react. They should all carry guilt.

I think the charges are too strong. I think he deserves some sentence but I do think he lashed out in self-defence. That video is awful but I felt uncomfortable with what they were doing to him before the attacks, the laughing and jeering. The names they were calling him were awful. I don’t think they deserved it but think they went too far with a complete stranger, not knowing how he would react. They should all carry guilt.
I agree, the video is shocking….they were like wild animals baying for blood….he was surrounded; they kept pushing him over into the water….i found it quite upsetting to watch and I felt really sorry for him. Of course stabbing them was foolish but I can completely understand that he was scared and I do think he acted in self defence

also it’s awful that none of the teenagers went to help the one who later died….instead they just carried on screaming and videoing.

I agree, the video is shocking….they were like wild animals baying for blood….he was surrounded; they kept pushing him over into the water….i found it quite upsetting to watch and I felt really sorry for him. Of course stabbing them was foolish but I can completely understand that he was scared and I do think he acted in self defence

also it’s awful that none of the teenagers went to help the one who later died….instead they just carried on screaming and videoing.
Absolutely. They let their mate down and now they’re all trying to paint a very different picture.

I wish they’d be able to find Carmel Fenech. Who ever it is RIP. 😞
I think sadly her story is related to her drug use. Whether she overdose or was murdered due to an issue with a dealer, etc. I think the man she was last seen with knows more than he let on.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.