Real Life Crime and Murder #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So the neighbour was eavesdropping the apartment below constantly to the point she claims it was a regular occurence to her the dad shouting at the little boy but didn't find it odd that the little boy must have been crying for days with no noise from the dad? Maybe she was in a better position to transmit this to the police than the social worker who called round? Absolute ghoul.
Its made me so, so angry and I bet she's made a bit of quick cash from giving that interview.

And the one from the mother in The Sun...Jesus wept. Poor sweet boy deserved much better.

Reactions: 20
Sadly no chance of that. She’s already done an interview and photo shoot with The Sun. Archive link here. She says she didn’t see Bronson since November because she fell out with his dad. She had the older two children living with her. It’s very very strange and I think more will come out eventually.

Fell out with the Dad…

You put all this tit to one side when you have children! You act like an adult. There’s more to this.

Reactions: 37
She is quick to blame social workers without any acknowledgment about why social care was involved in the first place. Although they have a reputation for stealing kids thresholds are high, social care don’t get involved for no reason.

I don’t buy the reason why he wasn’t living with her either.

Reactions: 28
Sadly no chance of that. She’s already done an interview and photo shoot with The Sun. Archive link here. She says she didn’t see Bronson since November because she fell out with his dad. She had the older two children living with her. It’s very very strange and I think more will come out eventually.

I've just read the article and it makes me so angry at the mother. None of it makes sense. Bronson lived with Dad as she have moved into a flat with a high staircase - but no concern for the 3 yr old she kept with her? What? And all about her having his Christmas present wrapped up that she'll never give him. Hows about Christmas Day? It was already like 2 weeks after Christmas?

Also this "I got down there as fast as I could. I was there in ten minutes flat" and "They asked Sarah if she had received any messages from Kenneth, but gave her no indication there was anything to worry about."

So she knew he'd gone AWOL but couldn't be arsed to wander 10 mins down the road to see if her 2 yr old was alright, after weeks???

Weird.

Reactions: 40
Another thought, if the social worker checked out other addresses I would assume that the mums was probably one of those. Where is her responsibility and accountability as his parent?

Reactions: 22
Fell out with the Dad…

You put all this tit to one side when you have children! You act like an adult. There’s more to this.
Exactly, you might fall out but you would still be seeing your son regularly. She lived 10 mins away, why wasn't the child with her? She's bad mouthing social services but without that particular social worker getting the key she might have been waiting longer! There are so many more questions.

Reactions: 12
I'm so angry about this. Even if you are banned from seeing your child (why?? red flags everywhere), would you not be ringing up DAILY - twice daily ?? to ask how he is, talk to him, tell him mummy loves and misses him. I'm sorry but she is negligent here - this is a toddler - a baby - you don't leave them without contact for weeks at a time. Unless of course the mother herself is an abuser and is not allowed contact.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Oh god, the account from the neighbour is really damning. I can well believe it too. The little boy does look dirty and unkempt (and sad) in the photos.

If it’s true the father was an alcoholic (this would account for reports that he’d been suffering from jaundice amongst other ailments) then a serious case review is going to dredge up some major failings. And if the father was given sole custody, god only knows how unfit the mother is.

Poor boy never stood a chance.
---
edit: I don’t actually blame the neighbour for staying quiet. We have such a problem in this country with “not getting involved”, “keep your nose out” etc.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Slightly undermined by going straight to the papers afterwards.
Journos will have been knocking on her door, I guarantee you. One of my friends started her career working on a local newspaper, and they used to have to go out knocking on doors asking people for info after a sudden death or accident. They called it the “death knock”.

Reactions: 5
Journos will have been knocking on her door, I guarantee you. One of my friends started her career working on a local newspaper, and they used to have to go out knocking on doors asking people for info after a sudden death or accident. They called it the “death knock”.
I wanted to be a journalist. Then my brother died and we got ‘the knock.’ Changed my mind there and then. Decided I couldn’t do that to people.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
Im glad that Im seeing some comments thinking similar to me here. Bronson's mother definitely holds some responsibility here too. She could have done more to check her child was ok.

Reactions: 24
Hi, new to the thread.
I've been reading a lot about poor Bronson, I think the tip of the iceberg has been uncovered with this situation.
The mother seems to live a very chaotic life.
Its incredibly sad.

Reactions: 13
Hi, new to the thread.
I've been reading a lot about poor Bronson, I think the tip of the iceberg has been uncovered with this situation.
The mother seems to live a very chaotic life.
Its incredibly sad.
I thought this myself. This case is so fucked up

Reactions: 3
The authorities have to step in in extreme cases but that system is meant to be a safety net. It’s a bit much for the mother to blame them when she doesn’t seem to have done anything to check on her son herself; clearly the fault is partly her own.

I think it’s possible the police could have done more from what we know right now, and the “What has society come to?” type stuff from the likes of Jeremy Kyle (the audacity!) is noted, but the erosion of personal / family responsibility so that this is all the police or social services’ fault every time is not a pleasant development in modern British life. “Society” did not do this. The mother did not check on her own son and an “argument” with the father weeks ago is hardly a good reason to have dropped out of her child’s life entirely in the short term. Of course, people need to do their jobs properly but looking after your own loved ones is a basic element of humanity that comes before even that. If you don’t do it then it says a lot about you.

Reactions: 28
There's a thread on mumsnet about this, a poster claiming to be Kens daughter has posted.
She said she's been liaising with the coroner at Leicester hospital?

I don't think it his daughter tbh. But why Leicester surely there are closer hospitals?

Reactions: 2
I know this comment is going to come across in bad taste but I’ve stumbled across this thread because I searched to see if there’s a thread about Bronson.
I just can’t shake there’s something extremely off about his mother- going straight to The Scum aside nothing quite adds up.
She says she hadn’t seem him since November and was due to give him his Christmas presents in January? Why not Christmas?
I know she says they’d rowed but surely you’d be checking on your son with multiple messages/phone calls and to send New Year wishes over.
The photos of him break my heart, I know the papers are probably trying to paint a picture but he looks disheveled and unhappy in all the photos.

Reactions: 26
There's a thread on mumsnet about this, a poster claiming to be Kens daughter has posted.
She said she's been liaising with the coroner at Leicester hospital?

I don't think it his daughter tbh. But why Leicester surely there are closer hospitals?
Sounds like nonsense, though I think I've heard previously that there's a huge lack of paediatric pathologist availability? Maybe that's why a different location

Reactions: 5
Sounds like nonsense, though I think I've heard previously that there's a huge lack of paediatric pathologist availability? Maybe that's why a different location
I’d imagine they’d send them wherever they need to for a quick and in-depth report given the circumstances so I reckon it’s plausible he’d end up further away especially if that hospital has an expert who’s done the PMs in similar cases.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.