Real Life Crime and Murder #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Poor Bronson's story is heartbreaking. I hope that he didn't suffer too much.

If anyone is to blame then on the facts available it feels more like the police than social worker tbh, in any instances where I know people have requested a welfare check, the police would normally attend that day/ the next day, not 5 days later. I guess the police considered it a low priority, that it was more like the parent trying to evade a SW visit than anything more sinister. However if the SW had made them aware of his health conditions (assuming they knew) then you'd have expected it to be taken seriously.

However also what was the situation when the SW attended on Jan 2? Did they just knock the door once, get no answer and leave? Could they hear anything from inside the property like Bronson crying, or other noise that suggested occupancy? (as if so I'd say police should have been called then). Also as above presumably the SW would have been aware of the dad's very poor health and potential for him to have been taken ill? (although as has been said, if his health was that bad should he have had sole care of a toddler anyway?)

Nothing changes the outcome for that little boy though :(
I honestly feel that given the known heath condition of the father the social worker should have raised the alarm right then and there when nobody answered on the visit. If anything, at least then the second alarm raise might have got a quicker response from the police and I do wonder what exactly was said when they called the police - for example did they tell the police about his health and the fact it had seemed to be worsening or was it only a basic outline.

I think SS failed on this one, it shouldn’t have taken so long for something to be done, and the fact the family also failed doesn’t negate that. Especially if the reason the mother wasn’t allowed near/to contact was because SS had advised that.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I honestly feel that given the known heath condition of the father the social worker should have raised the alarm right then and there when nobody answered on the visit. If anything, at least then the second alarm raise might have got a quicker response from the police and I do wonder what exactly was said when they called the police - for example did they tell the police about his health and the fact it had seemed to be worsening or was it only a basic outline.

I think SS failed on this one, it shouldn’t have taken so long for something to be done, and the fact the family also failed doesn’t negate that. Especially if the reason the mother wasn’t allowed near/to contact was because SS had advised that.
The SW contacted the police on the two occasions they attended and got no reply. The 3rd time they got a key and went in themselves

Reactions: 29
It's definitely a police failure more than a SS failure because they were told immediately about the child etc and didn't react, yet once a friend of mine was working away for a few days and his nosey neighbour called it in as a welfare call and they kicked his door in immediately!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I'm really uncomfortable with the timing of this given a) it's the BBC and they have a dog in the fight discrediting accusers b) someone somewhere signed off the release of the report into police failures for the cases resulting in convictions to coincide with this documentary.

There's not enough convictions for rape to make something as disproportionate as false statements newsworthy. If the landscape was different and rape convictions weren't so rare this "unique" case would be less jarring. Very odd decisions imo.
To be honest I’m uncomfortable any time a massive deal is made of a woman making false allegations of rape/abuse, because it only serves to perpetuate the myth that it’s really commonplace, and we should all be very suspicious of a woman making allegations and ask ourselves what she’s out to get.

I felt the same when the BBC made a documentary about a young female domestic abuser. They wouldn’t bother making one with the sexes reversed, because it’s too everyday.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
To be honest I’m uncomfortable any time a massive deal is made of a woman making false allegations of rape/abuse, because it only serves to perpetuate the myth that it’s really commonplace, and we should all be very suspicious of a woman making allegations and ask ourselves what she’s out to get.

I felt the same when the BBC made a documentary about a young female domestic abuser. They wouldn’t bother making one with the sexes reversed, because it’s too everyday.
I think this case is different because she accused so many different men that she’d had absolutely nothing to do with and started numerous social media witch-hunts against them.

All the coverage has been pretty clear that it’s a really unique case and that’s why it’s so newsworthy. It deserves to be covered, she ruined numerous people’s lives and forced them to move away from the area they’d been born and bred in because they were getting so much hate.

Reactions: 17
At the moment we don't know all the facts, but I'm feeling a bit sorry for the social worker. Imagine trying to contact the dad, getting no reply, getting the police, maybe kicking the door in, and he's just gone out for the day!!!

It really does annoy me when a tradegy happens and family crawl out of the woodwork giving Daily Mail Sad Faces.

There are limits to what social work can legally do. If there wasn't I'm sure Katie Price would never see any of her kids ever again.

Reactions: 29
The SW contacted the police on the two occasions they attended and got no reply. The 3rd time they got a key and went in themselves
One of the dad's grown-up sons has said that they had invited him to spend Christmas and NY with them but he decided not to go because he had a bad foot and also he couldn't find anyone to look after his dog. They messaged each other on Boxing Day. The son then messaged him on NYE but he didn't reply. Unfortunately, the son didn't follow this message up.

They seem to think that the dad died before NY which would line up with him not replying to his son's message. The postmortem gave the earliest date of death as being 29 Dec. A neighbour said she last heard the dad on NYE and she heard Bronson shouting 'Daddy' in the early hours of NY. So if the neighbour is correct, he likely died on NYE.

I don't see how any blame can be attached to the SW who was making an arranged visit after the holidays and reported her concerns to the police immediately, and did so again after her 2nd visit. I don't know what else she could have been expected to do especially as it seems that it was a routine visit. Sadly, it may even be that little Bronson had already passed away by her first visit, and more likely than not by the 2nd. But I honestly don't see how any blame can be attached to her.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
Just saw this article... at least the US is giving her somewhat appropriate sentence, though she should have been given life without parole.... Well, actually, Bali should have given her (and her boyfriend) the firing squad but I guess this will have to do.

Reactions: 3
This is what Bronson's mother posted the day he was found.... Just... Yeah
oh god I found her Facebook too, what a joke.
Theres a mentality among certain people to blame the government, teachers, police, social workers or the nhs for every failure in their lives. Responsibility begins at home. Imagine effing away on social media when your poor baby died alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
oh god I found her Facebook too, what a joke.
Theres a mentality among certain people to blame the government, teachers, police, social workers or the nhs for every failure in their lives. Responsibility begins at home. Imagine effing away on social media when your poor baby died alone.
It’s always someone else’s fault too. They can never take the blame for anything.

Reactions: 24
It’s an absolute tragedy but I can’t see what more the social worker could have done. She made a scheduled home visit and there was no answer. This is something that happens to social workers all the time, it’s not like they can just kick the door in. She then tried other known addresses, highlighted it with her manager and contacted the police. She went back a couple of days later and contacted the police again. On her third visit she got the landlord to let her in and will now have to live the rest of her life with the trauma of finding the bodies.

I think it’s the police who need to answer questions about why they didn’t respond when a professional contacted them to raise potential safeguarding concerns.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
It’s an absolute tragedy but I can’t see what more the social worker could have done. She made a scheduled home visit and there was no answer. This is something that happens to social workers all the time, it’s not like they can just kick the door in. She then tried other known addresses, highlighted it with her manager and contacted the police. She went back a couple of days later and contacted the police again. On her third visit she got the landlord to let her in and will now have to live the rest of her life with the trauma of finding the bodies.

I think it’s the police who need to answer questions about why they didn’t respond when a professional contacted them to raise potential safeguarding concerns.
She went above and beyond IMO.

Legally she shouldn’t have been letting herself in to the home really but she did do the right thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
She went above and beyond IMO.

Legally she shouldn’t have been letting herself in to the home really but she did do the right thing.
THIS 👆🏻

imagine what they saw and now have to live with for the rest of their lives? I genuinely feel sick whenever I read anything about this case, that mother is a disgrace. Is it true she has 9 more children?

Words fail me. Pictures of that baby he looked so dirty and unkempt on some of them I wanted to cry, fly high baby boy xxx
---
I hope she is not somehow going to end up like Archie Battersbys mother! The press need to starve her of any publicity asap

Reactions: 38
The brass neck of this neighbour, do people have no shame?!

Why not just stay quiet or pay respect to the victims instead of bad mouthing them? I feel sorry for the social worker, she did everything she could I think. She entered the property illegally and what she must've seen.

Reactions: 19
So the neighbour was eavesdropping the apartment below constantly to the point she claims it was a regular occurence to her the dad shouting at the little boy but didn't find it odd that the little boy must have been crying for days with no noise from the dad? Maybe she was in a better position to transmit this to the police than the social worker who called round? Absolute ghoul.

• Sad
Reactions: 37
The brass neck of this neighbour, do people have no shame?!

The press shouldn’t be printing this stuff. The information from the neighbour belongs in a proper review not the tabloids. Again where was the mother and the wider family,

Reactions: 24
I hope she is not somehow going to end up like Archie Battersbys mother! The press need to starve her of any publicity asap
Sadly no chance of that. She’s already done an interview and photo shoot with The Sun. Archive link here. She says she didn’t see Bronson since November because she fell out with his dad. She had the older two children living with her. It’s very very strange and I think more will come out eventually.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.