Real Life Crime and Murder #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Uk laws need changed to include a big dose of common sense. Sick of seeing the same old stories about so called parents and dead kids. We can't blame social services for everything when the law prevents them from doing their job properly. If a baby or child is living in a scruffy home or with drunk or drug addled parents remove them immediately and then if the parent turns their life around they can have the kids returned. If common sense is telling you something is wrong social workers must be allowed to take the kids. They haven't got the power people presume they have.
I have family members who are teachers and they come home with some really harrowing stories. Two of them work in inner city primary schools and so many of the parents just don’t care and see the children as a way to get money. Some have parents who are known drug addicts and are high around their children and when my relatives have tried to report them to social services and the authorities they have been told they don’t meet the threshold set to be at risk. The threshold being that as long as they aren’t shooting up in front the children then it’s ok. Social services do fail and because of the nature of their jobs when they fail it’s catastrophic. But from what I’ve been told so many people working with vulnerable children end up hitting a dead end because of ‘thresholds’ and other things that limit what they can legally do. Another was telling me that when social services visit a home and knock/ring the door bell and the parents/carer’s don’t answer, they legally can’t gain entry another way (like calling the police or getting another set of keys). There has to be a minimum of 3 missed appointments. I don’t know if this is nationwide or the law has changed (I was told this pre Covid) but the social visitor had a planned visit with Brunson and no one answered the door so she left - I think this happened another time before on the third attempt she got the landlady’s house keys. If this threshold wasn’t there maybe they could have saved Bronson.

Reactions: 13
I have family members who are teachers and they come home with some really harrowing stories. Two of them work in inner city primary schools and so many of the parents just don’t care and see the children as a way to get money. Some have parents who are known drug addicts and are high around their children and when my relatives have tried to report them to social services and the authorities they have been told they don’t meet the threshold set to be at risk. The threshold being that as long as they aren’t shooting up in front the children then it’s ok. Social services do fail and because of the nature of their jobs when they fail it’s catastrophic. But from what I’ve been told so many people working with vulnerable children end up hitting a dead end because of ‘thresholds’ and other things that limit what they can legally do. Another was telling me that when social services visit a home and knock/ring the door bell and the parents/carer’s don’t answer, they legally can’t gain entry another way (like calling the police or getting another set of keys). There has to be a minimum of 3 missed appointments. I don’t know if this is nationwide or the law has changed (I was told this pre Covid) but the social visitor had a planned visit with Brunson and no one answered the door so she left - I think this happened another time before on the third attempt she got the landlady’s house keys. If this threshold wasn’t there maybe they could have saved Bronson.
I don’t know how anyone goes into social work. Hats off to them as it’s an impossible job with so much red tape it must be heartbreaking knowing how so many cases will end yet the powers that be don’t back them or the laws are so heavily weighted against them

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Sounds like a family annihilator. I know it’s pointless speculating right now but I suspect it might be mum, dad, two kids. It certainly looks like a very typical new build estate that will be popular with young families.
Saw on Twitter than the man was 45 years old, the woman was 36 years old and the two girls were young. Says the man has been named locally as a Polish man but haven’t seen his name reported anywhere else.

Reactions: 2
Saw on Twitter than the man was 45 years old, the woman was 36 years old and the two girls were young. Says the man has been named locally as a Polish man but haven’t seen his name reported anywhere else.
They have named him and his two daughters or identified should I say. But not the female visitor although they say she’s 36?

Reactions: 3
How horrid - just one hour old. In those cold temperatures. I’m not sure I agree with the hospital naming her Else though seems a bit crass
She’s probably not actually been called Elsa, I’m sure I remember seeing on a documentary once that the names they release for found babies are specifically designed to stick in people’s minds (as well as humanise the baby more by giving a name) so there’s more chance if they have suspicions it will stay present in their mind and is more likely lead to them coming forward.

Hopefully she’s got a lovely name the medical staff are actually calling her

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm sorry if this upsets people but I don't feel sorry for the mother who dumped the poor little baby. She basically left her to die in the freezing temperatures. Thankfully she survived.

I realise there may have been exceptional circumstances (e.g. if mother was a victim of abuse and forced to dump the baby). If the mother actually made the choice to leave a baby out like that it's awful. Leave it in a hospital or something, don't sacrifice a child's life.

Reactions: 10
I wonder did she try to meditate on behalf of the girl’s mother, tragic story 😢
This is from the DM. She'd been helping look after him.

Another near neighbour who asked not to be named said Mr Kulzynski had been reported missing around a month ago just before Christmas.

He said: 'There were five or six police cars outside their house. People were looking for him and then another neighbour found him walking up the hill round the corner.

'The sister-in-law then came round to help look after him. I think he had mental health issues at the time he went missing. People were talking about how he was not well.

'They were a very quiet couple and did not seem to speak to other people.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I'm sorry if this upsets people but I don't feel sorry for the mother who dumped the poor little baby. She basically left her to die in the freezing temperatures. Thankfully she survived.

I realise there may have been exceptional circumstances (e.g. if mother was a victim of abuse and forced to dump the baby). If the mother actually made the choice to leave a baby out like that it's awful. Leave it in a hospital or something, don't sacrifice a child's life.
I always read these cases as the police are looking for the mum as they know that there must be something really wrong for a mum to abandon a baby like this. I always read it as they are looking to support her rather than punish.
I might be wrong but that's always been my assumption with how the police appeal for the mum.
It goes against nature and initial maternal instinct, same with animals. Something must be really wrong for a mum to abandon a newborn like this.
---
I wonder did she try to meditate on behalf of the girl’s mother, tragic story 😢
It sounds like it doesn't it.

Reactions: 19

I totally get what you’re saying but postpartum psychosis is a very serious and debilitating illness which can mean the mother acts completely irrationally resulting in life threatening behaviour. Symptoms can include the mother having feelings and thoughts about harming her baby (and herself) - in these cases the mother sometimes abandons the baby to keep them ‘safe’ from themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I totally get what you’re saying but postpartum psychosis is a very serious and debilitating illness which can mean the mother acts completely irrationally resulting in life threatening behaviour. Symptoms can include the mother having feelings and thoughts about harming her baby (and herself) - in these cases the mother sometimes abandons the baby to keep them ‘safe’ from themselves.
That doesn’t tend to present shortly before or immediately after birth though.

This is far more likely to be a scared young woman who has concealed her pregnancy and given birth alone.

Reactions: 17
I don't know if we can or can't feel sorry for the Mother unless we know her circumstances. It's really not often a black and white situation and not one we can really say "she should have at least done this" or "I would have done this" because unless you're in that situation, you just don't know. There was a newborn baby found dead inside a plastic bag in the woods opposite my house a few years ago, and it was heartbreaking, and I just think anyone in that situation must have been desperate but again, I don't know, I cannot judge.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I can see it from both sides. The idea of abandoning a tiny newborn in the street to die in the cold is horrific. But the idea of a terrified girl giving birth alone and feeling that she has to abandon the baby to die is equally terrible. Like you say @Ashlgr she must have been desperate.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
A girl or woman who was not empowered to take control of her situation, many situations along the way (conception, pregnancy, birth). Empathy perhaps if not sympathy.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Maybe we need somewhere to ‘drop off’ these babies like they have in America. Think they’re known as safe haven boxes. Why do these stories always seem to happen when it’s bitterly cold?

Reactions: 18
That doesn’t tend to present shortly before or immediately after birth though.

This is far more likely to be a scared young woman who has concealed her pregnancy and given birth alone.
Usually within one week. But yes, also very possible a young frightened mother.
---
Usually within one week. But yes, also very possible a young frightened mother.
Quoting myself here but my error, I didn’t realise the baby was only an hour old, thought it was a few days.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Maybe we need somewhere to ‘drop off’ these babies like they have in America. Think they’re known as safe haven boxes. Why do these stories always seem to happen when it’s bitterly cold?
I was thinking this earlier (are you by any chance a Greys Anatomy fan?) - it sounds like the mother wanted the little lamb to be found in this case. Heartbreaking.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.