Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

blueblue

Chatty Member
Mental health professional here. Time after time we are abused and told services are useless. I always endeavour to do the best for my patients. When I worked in a community mental health team, work was almost always on my mind - to the point my mental health broke! The people on the frontline are not the issue - the governments are. Currently in the throes of ‘grip and control’ (no spending on non essentials like training or equipment required to deliver the service digitally) due to a massive overspend by other areas within my health board.
Police refusing to attend mental health incidents - 4 lives could have been saved in Norfolk. The whole system is f*cked . It’s so terribly sad.
Thank you on behalf of everyone you helped. At one point I was so out of it I arrived at my GP in tears after making an emergency appointment. When I got to reception I couldn't even think straight enough to sign into the online check-in screen. I'll never forget that the reception staff came over and logged me in, then one of them used my first name when she was chatting away to me. At the time hearing my name was the first point in ages I remembered I was a person under all the sadness. I suppose looking back she clocked my name to check on my notes I was getting all the follow up I needed etc. Could never, ever fault services in my area.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40

MedeaWho

Chatty Member
Reading that the Grandma tried to separate the puppies fighting and thats when the two parent dogs attacked her, they must hade thought their babies were being hurt so the six puppies now have no parents. The poor 11 year old lad

She said there were two adult dogs in the house and that her mother had previously "raised concerns to the owners about them being dangerous and quite aggressive", adding that there were also six puppies.

She said she believed the puppies had been fighting and that her mother had been told by the dogs' owner to “put a broom in among them, to distract them”. She said: “That’s when she was attacked.”
Honestly I couldn’t care less that the puppies are ‘without parents’. A human being has been torn to shreds!
They should never have been bred. They have dangerous parents and unlicensed breeder. I hope they are humanely disposed of.
Don’t jump all at once but my child was in intensive care following dog attack (dog not known to us). I have very strong views on the topic.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

whoareyouu

VIP Member
It’s an absolute tragedy but I can’t see what more the social worker could have done. She made a scheduled home visit and there was no answer. This is something that happens to social workers all the time, it’s not like they can just kick the door in. She then tried other known addresses, highlighted it with her manager and contacted the police. She went back a couple of days later and contacted the police again. On her third visit she got the landlord to let her in and will now have to live the rest of her life with the trauma of finding the bodies.

I think it’s the police who need to answer questions about why they didn’t respond when a professional contacted them to raise potential safeguarding concerns.
She went above and beyond IMO.

Legally she shouldn’t have been letting herself in to the home really but she did do the right thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

Tofino

VIP Member
Yes we are definitely not getting the full story here. I’m a solo mum and honestly this is one of my biggest fears, something happening to me when I’m on my own with my little one and him coming to harm before any help comes. But whatever happened here, the little boy found curled up next to his dad is just heartbreaking. He must have been so scared and confused and a lot of suffering 😢

• Sad
  • Heart

Boogs

VIP Member
It’s an absolute tragedy but I can’t see what more the social worker could have done. She made a scheduled home visit and there was no answer. This is something that happens to social workers all the time, it’s not like they can just kick the door in. She then tried other known addresses, highlighted it with her manager and contacted the police. She went back a couple of days later and contacted the police again. On her third visit she got the landlord to let her in and will now have to live the rest of her life with the trauma of finding the bodies.

I think it’s the police who need to answer questions about why they didn’t respond when a professional contacted them to raise potential safeguarding concerns.

• Heart

marymint

She went above and beyond IMO.

Legally she shouldn’t have been letting herself in to the home really but she did do the right thing.
THIS 👆🏻

imagine what they saw and now have to live with for the rest of their lives? I genuinely feel sick whenever I read anything about this case, that mother is a disgrace. Is it true she has 9 more children?

Words fail me. Pictures of that baby he looked so dirty and unkempt on some of them I wanted to cry, fly high baby boy xxx
---
I hope she is not somehow going to end up like Archie Battersbys mother! The press need to starve her of any publicity asap

Reactions: 38

evie1975

VIP Member
I am not a person of faith. I am a mental health professional. I lead with being nonjudgmental and empathetic in my personal and professional lives. I have a history of addiction - I understand how that can affect people. Other people’s opinions of me are none of my business. And I try to see the bigger picture in most circumstances. I have found this discussion educational and thought provoking - thank you OP.

• Heart

Lalla

VIP Member

I am lost for words.

“Taylor also pleaded not guilty to breaching a criminal behaviour order imposed by Nottinghamshire Magistrates' Court in April last year, by being within 10 metres of a nursery without reasonable excuse.”

Sounds like this scumbag was already on the register at the time of these offences.
When I saw the above headline in the link I thought what an odd offence for a woman to be accused of.
Of course it's a man who's decided now to 'identify' as a woman.
Cynically I have to wonder whether the decision to identify as female is due to the potential for receiving a custodial sentence, and thinking he will be safer in a womens prison than being a sex offender in a mens prison.
I also suspect he is already on the register and will have had a number of previous convictions. Grim.

• Sick
  • Sad

Tofino

VIP Member

A few more details on this.

10 month old baby boy, 3 year old girl and 7 year old boy.

Prior police contact earlier this month.

I do find my initial reaction to hearing of mothers vs fathers killing their own children are different.

I think my initial thoughts with mothers, especially when there is a baby involved, is along the lines of post partum psychosis which is a tragedy for all involved whereas men I just see their actions as anger and control over their wife/partner.

Obviously my thoughts might change as we hear more but it’s just something I’ve noticed about my initial response to these tragedies.

• Sad
  • Heart

Davena94

VIP Member
I’m not sure what some people think Ashworth is. It’s a prison in every sense but name. He will receive medical treatment that wouldn’t be available in a “normal prison” but in every other way his punishment is the same as any other criminal sentenced to prison

• Heart

evie1975

VIP Member
It's been very humbling honestly, what some people must come across in these job.
Mental health professional here. Time after time we are abused and told services are useless. I always endeavour to do the best for my patients. When I worked in a community mental health team, work was almost always on my mind - to the point my mental health broke! The people on the frontline are not the issue - the governments are. Currently in the throes of ‘grip and control’ (no spending on non essentials like training or equipment required to deliver the service digitally) due to a massive overspend by other areas within my health board.
Police refusing to attend mental health incidents - 4 lives could have been saved in Norfolk. The whole system is f*cked . It’s so terribly sad.

• Heart

evie1975

VIP Member
What gets me is that if it was post partum psychosis why didn’t she kill herself too? She was able to kill all three kids but wasn’t that distressed/mentally ill to kill herself? Convenient
Can you imagine being so mentally unwell that you think killing 3 children is the right/best/only thing to do. Post natal depression/psychosis is horrific and isn’t a convenience

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
So the neighbour was eavesdropping the apartment below constantly to the point she claims it was a regular occurence to her the dad shouting at the little boy but didn't find it odd that the little boy must have been crying for days with no noise from the dad? Maybe she was in a better position to transmit this to the police than the social worker who called round? Absolute ghoul.

• Sad

Liverbird2003

VIP Member
Sorry to go back to the death row conversation. I have a friend on death row. He had been in Chilicothe, Ohio for 25 years. He is very much a human. I have visited him twice. I am certainly not in love with him. I have children and a husband. He is just a friend. A very dear, sweet human. A side of which society never got to see as he was sentenced agreed 20.

We have never talked about his crime.
I googled him. Sweet human is not how I would describe him. Society never got to see a different side to him because he stabbed an 88 year old lady to death for a bag of crack cocaine at the age of 20.
I will never understand how you can be friends with someone so hideous.

Multi-21

VIP Member
Watched a true life crime programme on the Murder & Investigation channel last night where a man was either beaten or shot to death while he slept in bed - his wife had 'fallen asleep' in the study while doing her tax returns and the noise woke her up, she said. Anyway, a few weeks after the murder, the wife contacted the police requesting the bloody bed sheets back, because ... they cost her $140. The investigating cops were all dumbfounded. And yes, surprise surprise she was indeed found to be involved in his murder.

Sorry, can't remember the name of the prog but it was the bed sheets thing that got me. I mean, would you? o_O
If I was that attached to them I’d put cheap ones on the night before I killed him

• Haha

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Throwing acid is such a disgusting, cowardly, awful crime. Of course this will be the partner/ex-partner of the woman, probably the father of the children. Imagine maiming a three year old. Absolute scum.

• Heart
  • Angry

Dizzy

VIP Member
Poor little Bronson has been on my mind a lot. Even if the awful events of the last couple of weeks hadn't happened, he didn't stand a chance with those people as parents. The dad obviously had a lot of issues regarding lifestyle and health and whilst he may have been trying "his best" to look after Bronson, clearly he was failing catastrophically. We don't know that much about his mother yet but the fact that Bronson was with his dad despite all his issues rather than with her indicates that she was completely unable or unwilling to care for him. Her behaviour since his death, blaming everyone but herself, posting rants on social media, has been revolting. She is quoted as saying to the Scum "We have to be able to rely on social workers to keep our children safe". Mindblowing. Poor poor boy, this has made me so angry and so sad.

• Heart
  • Sad

LaBlonde

VIP Member
It does not seem bizarre to me that a person of faith would communicate kindly with a convicted murderer. To me, it seems very much to be faith in action and while not something I would wish to do, I do not find it enraging or revolting.
i think we need to draw a line under it tbh. i know it was always going to spark debate to come into this thread and admit to writing to someone on death row but, interesting points aside, it’s getting very personal towards the OP and the conversation is ultimately going nowhere. everyone, including the OP, has said their piece now.

• Heart

whoareyouu

VIP Member
Sadly no chance of that. She’s already done an interview and photo shoot with The Sun. Archive link here. She says she didn’t see Bronson since November because she fell out with his dad. She had the older two children living with her. It’s very very strange and I think more will come out eventually.

Fell out with the Dad…

You put all this shit to one side when you have children! You act like an adult. There’s more to this.

CrimsonCountess

VIP Member
I know this isn't a crime but wasn't really sure where else to discuss it? This is so sad. The dad was vulnerable, ss couldn't get an answer when they went round so contacted the police but the police didn't do a welfare check. The social worker then found them 5 days later after getting keys from the landlord. The mum is blaming social services and said 'If social services had done their job Bronson would still be alive. But they didn't do anything.' But surely they aren't allowed to force entry are they? They reported it to the police multiple times and nothing was done. And the mum had an argument with the dad before christmas and then didn't have any contact with either of them

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 36