Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

whoareyouu

VIP Member
FFS it’s less than 18 months since non fatal strangulation was made a criminal offence punishable by up to 5 years imprisonment and it’s now only the most exceptional cases that warrant a custodial sentence? 😡

View attachment 2708225
I worked with someone who nearly killed his girlfriend by strangulation and he’s free to roam the streets and even participates on a social value committee who quite often are around vulnerable and school age people.

Justice, hey.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19

Sprezza

VIP Member
I don’t think the families had a choice in the outcome of his trial?
I would feel heartbroken if my loved one was brutally murdered and the perpetrator only admitted to manslaughter and then ended up in a high-security psychiatric hospital. It doesn’t seem like punishment enough for me.
---

But we drastically reduced our mental health accommodation where people stayed long term and in safety and instead given bull about ‘care in the community’.
I don't agree. He can't leave and is basically in prison but with hopefully the additional treatment that he needs. Broadmoor is a psychiatric hospital and is arguably a more terrifying place to be than a regular prison.

Linda Lee

As you say, it shows a distinct lack of remorse and shame even if it was totally not her fault.
It appears very similar to the Glasgow bin lorry crash years ago. Half a dozen people died because the driver lied about a medical condition which would have put his job at risk and all the authorties cared about was protecting the driver. They hid him away and ultimately there was no justice for the victims. He even breached his driving ban a bit later on, claiming it wasn't bad because he was just moving his car and still nothing.

I can only assume these people get the protection they do because it is ultimately saving the arses of someone more powerful maybe? Who even knows, it's nuts.

I do know if I killed two children I couldn't live wiht it, let alone drive. Don't care if it wasn't her fault that she crashed, the continued driving around after shows what a piece of scum she is.

Edit - just saw Glaschelle talk about Harry Clarke. Glad someone else remembers that case, it feels completely forgotten.
---
I think he's in the river
If he's dead, I hope it was really slow and agonising.

Little terrifies me more than the thought of an acid attack. It's about as evil as you can get.

Last edited:

Bima6694

There's a new series on Channel 4 called Catching a Copper investigating police in the wrong.
I'm 5 mins in with my mouth wide open in shock.

• Heart

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I saw the video of the two bully dogs attacking that man last year and those dogs are horrible and shouldn’t be allowed in this country. I know some of them are ok but the amount of power and might they have is incredible, they become killing machines. A human can barely stand a chance against them

Reactions: 18
So the neighbour was eavesdropping the apartment below constantly to the point she claims it was a regular occurence to her the dad shouting at the little boy but didn't find it odd that the little boy must have been crying for days with no noise from the dad? Maybe she was in a better position to transmit this to the police than the social worker who called round? Absolute ghoul.
He was only 2. What on earth was there to be shouting at him so often for 🙁.

• Sad

Tofino

VIP Member
Post natal depression or psychosis could happen to anyone, that’s where I feel so upset about it. It comes from nowhere and you don’t know what’s happening.
The support available is hard to access with long waiting lists - and that’s if you feel able to seek help - then there’s so few psychiatric mother and baby units they aren't able to help enough people because of lack of beds.
This is what is so scary, that it can happen to anyone. I cant imagine what these women go through when (or if) they recover from their illness, living with what they’ve done.

• Sad

Bima6694

According to Libby Purves in The Times today

Hopefully the share token works:
Interesting article. She isn't affording the mother any sympathy. Particularly like this quote:

"His mother, Sarah Piesse, who had separated from his father and not visited her “gorgeous” and “cheeky” son since November, following an argument, has demanded answers."

• Heart

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
You're correct, I did say that, and it's total bullshit 😂 I don't know how Ive got confused like that haha.

I think I meant - he was pulled over (and then shot) BECAUSE the police were searching for the car/gunman in the nightclub shooting.

No retaliation involved 🙈
😂 But I think you're absolutely right. That's totally what the police were doing.

Probably won't be popular but unless there is video with Kaba with his hands in the air, outside the car, posing no threat, I wouldn't convict the policeman involved of murder.

And giving the lifestyle he was living, I think he was always going to meet an early end whether it be at the hands of the police, a rival gang member, one of his own gang, mistaken identity. It's a risky business and one he appeared to be embracing big time.

BarryEvansHun

This is what I struggle with. We don’t have long prison sentences in the UK, if you commit a serious time you should have a whole life tariff but they are quite rare. We have people who have murdered and raped who still have the prospect of release. Whilst I am against the death penalty I do feel like if you commit these heinous acts you should be locked away for life and that’s that. Regardless of if this man is ill or not he murdered three people in brutal ways, ran over and seriously injured three others and destroyed several people’s lives. He’s going to get medicated and treated with well and has the possibility of being able be released if he gets well enough. I don’t see why he should have a future while he killed three others. If that makes me the bad person so be it. It’s something I can’t get my head around.
He will probably be put on section 37/41 of the MHA. Which has no time limit and doesn’t need updating (since 2007). He could be in there for his entire life. To get out he will need to go before the MoJ, even for things such as hospital leave, or to get transferred to another hospital or prison. He will need to be examined once a year with report sent to MoJ. He will not get out a free man either (if he did get out) he will be under certain conditions. He will not find it easy to get out just for being in remission. He will need to prove to the MoJ that there is no risk to the public as if he was released and he commits an attack again - it would be on their heads! I know of people on lesser sections which have not killed anybody and they are in there for YEARS with no release date.

Lalla

VIP Member
If the dogs had been reported, why had nothing happened?
Probably because it was in Jaywick, which is basically like a shanty town full of wooden shacks and unmade roads, even the police don't bother with it.

(It's very sad because only 40 years ago, probably less, it was still a nice area, decent beach and lots of people had holiday chalets there. The problem came when they started occupying the chalets all year round. Then because the chalets were only £20-30k or even less, you had lots of people buying them and letting them as permanent homes to housing benefit tenants...but the sort of tenants willing to live in a chalet were typically ones with drug/ alcohol issues, ASB, and so it went steadily downhill).

• Sad
  • Wow

Dobbythehouseelf

For anyone interested, there is a podcast on Audible called "the dark web" which is brilliant - it explains how it works, who uses and why. Many users are anti-establishment types who want anonymity and freedom of speech. Others have more nefarious intentions. My understanding is that it still takes quite a lot of effort to find some of the more disturbing stuff - a lot of it involves gatekeeping of info and "trades" to allow things to be shared.

I have no interest in looking at it btw - I have children and firmly believe I need to be armed with as much knowledge as possible about life online. I have restrictions on our wifi and devices to try and dually protect them from harm. I might be fighting an uphill battle, but I will fight it nonetheless.

maytoseptember

VIP Member
I have only one thing to say

FOR F*** SAKE
I know, right?

Imagine that nursery finding out the truth. It was so logical to assume that this mass fly tipping of used nappies was coming from another nursery (I mean, it’s weird, but there’s no other plausible explanation!).

It’s mind blowing. Thousands of nappies every fortnight? I don’t have the words for what I think this man needs, but it involves a flame thrower.

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Some people are born evil for some reason their brain chemistry isn't right.
I can’t look at a newborn baby and believe that they could be born evil.

I’m sure many people have been scoffing at these two kids having autistic traits, and that it’s very convenient for this to have been discovered since their arrest, but I think it’s more important than most of us realise. So many parents fail to acknowledge that their children are neurodivergent (either through ignorance or ableism) and, as a result, they fall through the cracks.

And in some - very rare - cases, this leads to kids developing dangerous obsessions (special interests in autism are usually harmless… but sometimes they’re not). This, combined with a loose grip on social norms, feelings of disenchantment, being vulnerable to coercion, a feeling of alienation from your peers, plus anger and resentment because they socially reject you - well it’s a dangerous combination.

I have autistic kids myself, so no one needs to tell me that not all autistic people have the slightest capacity for crime and violence. I know that. But I think when people describe “born evil” what they actually mean is “born neurodivergent”.

• Heart

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
I read about this last night and just saw the update. The death penalty baffles me at the best of times, but they are literally experimenting on this guy now aren’t they? And if it goes wrong it could kill everyone else in the room. What the actual fuck?! 😳

I have just finished reading an article in the DM about this. I personally find this method incredibly cruel, plus the fact that he had been on death row since 1988. I realsie that having to wait this long, is part of the punishment, but it seems barbaric to me.

Boogs

VIP Member
May not be in this case, but usually the wife is either going to leave, or is gaining independence and freedom and the man feels threatened.

I have my friends told for similar reason that if I die in any circumstances in the next year or so to make sure they know it may not have been an accident
Do you have a safety plan? If you haven’t already I’d urge you to contact a local women’s aid for support. https://www.womensaid.org.uk/information-support/

• Heart