Real Life Crime and Murder #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just wanted to give an update on Joel Eldridge, a case I have talked about before on here.

Joel was from Bexhill and worked as a doorman. He went to Portugal at the beginning of January 2018 to work on a "building project" but he was allegedly unhappy whilst there, as the work wasn't what he expected, and desperate to get home. He went missing six months after arriving in Portugal and was found murdered in woodland in 2019.

In July 2018, in Eastbourne, a woman named Gina Ingles and her son Milo were killed in a house fire - a case I discussed extensively on here. Her then partner, Toby Jarrett, escaped. In 2021, two men were convicted of the double murder and attempted murder of Toby Jarrett - Jacob Barnard, a convicted drug dealer who was serving time in Portugal and had to be transferred to the UK for the trial, and his enforcer Andrew Milne. It was all over a drug debt of £400.

But what really piqued my interest was that, during the trial, it came out that Joel Eldridge had gone to work for none other than Jacob Barnard in Portugal.

Barnard was subsequently charged with Joel Eldridge's murder in November 2022 and was awaiting extradition. There have been no further updates since then.

So, I did a little bit of digging around on Facebook (oh, I miss deep diving on social media) and found this public update from Joel's brother:

IMG_0481.jpeg

So, it sounds like Barnard's trial in Portugal is ongoing. I wonder if they found his alleged accomplice Joshua Sherwood 🤔 Joel's brother does say "hand down sentences" plural so maybe.

I also found this photograph on Joel's Facebook account from 2012. Barnard looks very different in his Facebook photographs, compared to his police mugshot, but I think he's on left, with Joel on the right. Same widow's peak and distinctive nostrils! So, whilst they weren't friends on Facebook, I think they were friends at one point. Just goes to show you things can turn on a dime on the drug world.

IMG_0482.jpeg
IMG_0485.jpeg

Anyway, I'll keep you updated but it will hopefully be another mystery, that has been on my list from the start, solved. I don't think Barnard will be seeing daylight again if he gets convicted in Portugal. They may make him serve whatever sentence he gets there then return him to the UK to finish the rest of his 36 year sentence for the Eastbourne double murder or vice versa. Good. He sounds absolutely ruthless.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Just wanted to give an update on Joel Eldridge, a case I have talked about before on here.

Joel was from Bexhill and worked as a doorman. He went to Portugal at the beginning of January 2018 to work on a "building project" but he was allegedly unhappy whilst there, as the work wasn't what he expected, and desperate to get home. He went missing six months after arriving in Portugal and was found murdered in woodland in 2019.

In July 2018, in Eastbourne, a woman named Gina Ingles and her son Milo were killed in a house fire - a case I discussed extensively on here. Her then partner, Toby Jarrett, escaped. In 2021, two men were convicted of the double murder and attempted murder of Toby Jarrett - Jacob Barnard, a convicted drug dealer who was serving time in Portugal and had to be transferred to the UK for the trial, and his enforcer Andrew Milne. It was all over a drug debt of £400.

But what really piqued my interest was that, during the trial, it came out that Joel Eldridge had gone to work for none other than Jacob Barnard in Portugal.

Barnard was subsequently charged with Joel Eldridge's murder in November 2022 and was awaiting extradition. There have been no further updates since then.

So, I did a little bit of digging around on Facebook (oh, I miss deep diving on social media) and found this public update from Joel's brother:

View attachment 2682092

So, it sounds like Barnard's trial in Portugal is ongoing. I wonder if they found his alleged accomplice Joshua Sherwood 🤔 Joel's brother does say "hand down sentences" plural so maybe.

I also found this photograph on Joel's Facebook account from 2012. Barnard looks very different in his Facebook photographs, compared to his police mugshot, but I think he's on left, with Joel on the right. Same widow's peak and distinctive nostrils! So, whilst they weren't friends on Facebook, I think they were friends at one point. Just goes to show you things can turn on a dime on the drug world.

View attachment 2682072View attachment 2682073

Anyway, I'll keep you updated but it will hopefully be another mystery, that has been on my list from the start, solved. I don't think Barnard will be seeing daylight again if he gets convicted in Portugal. They may make him serve whatever sentence he gets there then return him to the UK to finish the rest of his 36 year sentence for the Eastbourne double murder or vice versa. Good. He sounds absolutely ruthless.
You should offer your sleuth services to the Met!

Also do you have a trial list for this year?

Reactions: 10
You should offer your sleuth services to the Met!

Also do you have a trial list for this year?
Damn straight! 😂 Apparently, the police do take on civilian investigators (or something) to search social media and stuff. I could totally do that!

And yes, I do of course 😂 but I am VERY, VERY behind - I need to spend a whole day I think sorting it out, as I also have a ton of screenshots on my phone of potential cases that may be worth following which I need to investigate further, but, once I have done it, I will put it on here 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Does anyone know what sentence Adam Britton (the man who sexually abused and killed dogs) got? He was meant to be sentenced beginning of December but I haven’t heard anything.

I understand its not practical but when someone like that murdering rat mcsweeney can have sex with a worker in prison it boils my blood, how he had contact with her regularly I do not know. I assume it wasn't a one off incident of them being around each other. It's not just the fact he's a sex offender, he also murdered a random woman when he was targeting others too. Not everyone can be monitored I know that, and it could happen anywhere with any gender but I just don't understand someone who has been in there a matter of months can access sex, they clearly had the time together. There's not enough money in the prison system and that's where it needs to start.
Prisons are obviously staffed 24/7 by prison officers. Prison officers have access to their cells throughout the day and night. If the female officer staffed his wing they would have gotten to know each other. She would have worked nights as well as days. staff and prisoners do get to know each other. Most staff know the boundaries of those relationships, but as with any job you get bad apples/or stupid people. He wasn’t allowed to access sex, it was an illicit relationship that would have been kept secret. Until inevitably found out.
i just think it’s naive to assume that the way to resolve it is to keep naive women away from big bad men. It’s patronising in the least and sexist at most.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Should be packing away my Christmas decorations (they are down, just need sorting out and carefully boxing up) but I've gone down a rabbit hole!

There is someone who liked a lot of Joel Eldridge's Facebook posts called Lilly Barnard - I think she's maybe Jacob's sister and assume she was friends with Joel (friends lists on both their profiles are locked down) And there's also a Vanessa Barnard, who made a lot of comments on the Sussex Police post following the double murder in Eastbourne - his mother possibly? I remember there were a lot of comments on the local newspaper website at the time about how they'd been fitted up etc - I suspect Lilly and Vanessa were behind most of them.

I think she's talking about Joshua Sherwood here, given another comment I've found on a different post and this Facebook profile. So, how come, if he's in police protection, he can't be found?

The plot thickens!

IMG_0486.jpeg

I've not watched 24 Hours in Police Custody yet but I followed the double murder trial that is featured this week and the Louise Rump murder trial as well - anything in that area goes on my list in case it features on the show at a later date 😂

This is wild if you're correct...🤯 How did you work it out?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
i just think it’s naive to assume that the way to resolve it is to keep naive women away from big bad men. It’s patronising in the least and sexist at most.
Pretty hard not to be patronising to someone who's started boffing a sadistic murderer! Also I didn't mean he was "allowed" to have sex in prison, but that he was able to. It should simply not be possible.

That Eldridge story is something else. What a hideous human being Barnard is. Do his mum and sister think he's innocent? A "loveable rogue" I suspect.

Also, I suspect I'm being judgemental but why didn't Jarrett try to save his child, the way his mother did?

Last edited:
That Eldridge story is something else. What a hideous human being Barnard is. Do you mean his mum and sister are convinced he's innocent?
Fitted up for the double Eastbourne murder, 100% yes (if they are his sister and mother, as I suspect)

Look at the comments on this report from the time of the convictions - I think a lot of these are from them:

Also, I suspect I'm being judgemental but why didn't Jarrett try to save his child, the way his mother did?
Milo wasn't his child. From memory, I think he thought Gina Ingles had him and Toby Jarrett jumped first and waited for her and she didn't appear. Comments on that article 👆🏼 are implying that he did it 😒 but I'm sure the police thoroughly investigated that - after all, it's always the husband/boyfriend isn't it?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Pretty hard not to be patronising to someone who's started boffing a sadistic murderer! Also I didn't mean he was "allowed" to have sex in prison, but that he was able to. It should simply not be possible.

That Eldridge story is something else. What a hideous human being Barnard is. Do his mum and sister think he's innocent? A "loveable rogue" I suspect.

I wasn’t responding to you. I was suggesting that the OPs comments that women shouldn’t work with men is patronising and/or sexist. Not that woman in particular.

I wasn’t responding to you. I was suggesting that the OPs comments that women shouldn’t work with men is patronising and/or sexist. Not that woman in particular.
I'm a female myself so I'm not being sexist and I don't think I'm being patronising because there are some stupid females who would happily date a criminal. Just look at levi belfield, he's allowed to get married when he's killed young women! I don't think young females should be allowed to work with certain offenders for their safety too. I never said oh all men must work with men in every single environment I just meant in a prison environment.

@Bread i agree with you he should have never been allowed to have the opportunity to have any sexual intercourse.

How did you work it out?
I saw on another thread on here that Papworth’s daughter’s mum had been murdered and that was why she would need to go into foster care.
I found Papworth’s mum on Facebook. She had a post about how it was 3 years since her granddaughter had lost her mum. Looked on the granddaughter’s page where she had posted in memory of her mum - from that I got a name and date of death - the article came up straightaway in a search.

Reactions: 9
I saw on another thread on here that Papworth’s daughter’s mum had been murdered and that was why she would need to go into foster care.
I found Papworth’s mum on Facebook. She had a post about how it was 3 years since her granddaughter had lost her mum. Looked on the granddaughter’s page where she had posted in memory of her mum - from that I got a name and date of death - the article came up straightaway in a search.
Nice work 👏🏼

View attachment 2682092

View attachment 2682072View attachment 2682073

You are so brilliant. You’re the best poster on this thread so please don’t disappear again

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I fell down a hole watching 24 hours in police custody. Does anyone know what happened to Cortney Batchelor the guy that killed that other fella with one punch? He’d be out by now from what I can work out but nothing online etc

What a beautiful boy Alfie was. I’ve just viewed body cams of them getting arrested, enrages me how these monsters always claim they’ve not done anything and don’t understand why they’re being arrested.

My mind will never, ever comprehend how anyone can hurt a child let alone a mother killing their baby.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Echoes of the German cannibal case. Men who pay to have their own genitals cut off and film it to sell to other weirdos who get off on it.The human psyche is a very strange thing.
I'm always amazed there're enough of these kinds of people to form a 'community' and that they all manage to find each other.
Eta: And why is it always men? What is it about the male psyche in particular?

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Echoes of the German cannibal case. Men who pay to have their own genitals cut off and film it to sell to other weirdos who get off on it.The human psyche is a very strange thing.
I'm always amazed there're enough of these kinds of people to form a 'community' and that they all manage to find each other.
Eta: And why is it always men? What is it about the male psyche in particular?
I'm not even a man but my legs are clenching at the thought of that... the pain he must've felt, don't know how's that enjoyable.

19 years for Alfie seems nothing, poor boy deserved to grow up.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.