Real Life Crime and Murder #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
True Crime Docs this week

Tuesday 18th
The Bay: The Murder of Lynette White, 10pm, Channel 5
This is the extraordinary story of Lynette White's murder in 1988 and the hunt for her killers, which began after the gruesome discovery of her body at a flat in the docklands area of Cardiff. Through first-person testimony from the accused and convicted as well as their families and the police officers and legal experts involved, this programme reveals the twists and turns in this landmark story, which ended in the conviction of Lynette's killer, 15 years after her murder.
There's a good documentary on the iplayer about that, and also a really good podcast. Strange the Channel 5 synopsis doesn't mention the massive miscarriage of justice involved.

Reactions: 4
There's a good documentary on the iplayer about that, and also a really good podcast. Strange the Channel 5 synopsis doesn't mention the massive miscarriage of justice involved.
definitely recommend the iPlayer documentary (basically I always look the a BBC version before Channel 5! :ROFLMAO: ) Its a tragic story for all involved.

I did some goggling and found that he was previously sectioned so it looks likely that he is now deemed too unwell to be held accountable for the murder. This poor girl is never get justice. But does this mean they can lock him in a psych hospital for life?

I don’t really get this. Does it mean the killer was deemed insane?
Does it mean he isn't well enough to contribute to his own defence?
I did some goggling and found that he was previously sectioned so it looks likely that he is now deemed too unwell to be held accountable for the murder. This poor girl is never get justice. But does this mean they can lock him in a psych hospital for life?
It basically means he's too unwell to contribute to his trial meaningfully and not fit to enter a plea. He probably won't attend his trial but he can do - Oddesa Carey, who killed her mother, did and was shouting from the dock that her mother was still alive.

We'll no doubt get to find out more about why and what his diagnosis is during his trial of the facts. I'm guessing an indefinite hospital order will be the result.

However, it does irritate me when people think that this is somehow "getting away with it" when what our focus actually needs to be on is why these mentally people are in the community free to harm innocent people. Focus on why the system is failing them and their victims so badly.

I'm not saying we should go back to the old days of just institutionalising everyone, far from it, but, in the last three months alone, I have followed at least five to ten cases where mentally ill people have killed their parents, grandparents, strangers and there have usually been numerous warning signs.

We HAVE to do better.
---
EDIT - Odessa not Oddesa.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
It basically means he's too unwell to contribute to his trial meaningfully and not fit to enter a plea. He probably won't attend his trial but he can do - Odesa Carey, who killed her mother, did and was shouting from the dock that her mother was still alive.

We'll no doubt get to find out more about why and what his diagnosis is during his trial of the facts. I'm guessing an indefinite hospital order will be the result.

However, it does irritate me when people think that this is somehow "getting away with it" when what our focus actually needs to be on is why these mentally people are in the community free to harm innocent people. Focus on why the system is failing so badly.

I'm not saying we should go back to the old days of just institutionalising everyone, far from it, but, in the last three months alone, I have followed at least five to ten cases where mentally ill people have killed their parents, grandparents, strangers and there have usually been numerous warning signs.

We HAVE to do better.
I don’t disagree with you. But it’s rare that anyone would get more than a telling off. Terrible.

They've deemed him unfit. So he must be quite mentally ill for them to do that.

Hopefully he'll spend a very very long time in a psychiatric facility.
I'm not saying there isn't good reason, God he must be evil to the core and very mentally damaged /unstable to do what he did. Just feels like he will get off very lightly considering he stabbed a child in the chest and ripped apart a family. Least the public will be safe.
---
Honestly, I'm of the (seemingly rare) opinion that nothing less than a torturous death for child killers will suffice, so to me not going to prison and instead going to a secure hospital does seem a twisted escape of justice to me, and I won't change my mind on that one!

Reactions: 7
I've started watching a documentary that was on 5 the kidnap and murder of Lynda Spence (not finished it all so no spoilers please) it's quite interesting so far , she was basically a con artist who got involved with the wrong people

Reactions: 6
Really shocked that he has been named and pictured. (Who stabbed thomasz in gateshead) I am also really shocked that the girl who was with him got away with it.
I drive past where it happened daily. It’s so sad. The kid who has done it though, he does not look wired up correctly to me. I know you shouldn’t judge someone on appearance alone but he literally doesn’t look right.

Reactions: 14
I drive past where it happened daily. It’s so sad. The kid who has done it though, he does not look wired up correctly to me. I know you shouldn’t judge someone on appearance alone but he literally doesn’t look right.
I thought exactly the same, he looks like a complete psychopath imo. His mam was acting completely normal on facebook after it happened.

He looks to me like he was born with Foetal Alcohol Syndrome, so I'm suspecting a damaged background

Reactions: 23
Really shocked that he has been named and pictured. (Who stabbed thomasz in gateshead) I am also really shocked that the girl who was with him got away with it.
Foetal alcohol syndrome springs to mind

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.