Real Life Crime and Murder #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Promising.So should be as well.
Is it only in recent years that the more sinister side of poor James's death is being known?
I think it's clear to see who the ringleader now was in that awful crime.
He should never see free life again

Reactions: 10
Is it only in recent years that the more sinister side of poor James's death is being known?
I think it's clear to see who the ringleader now was in that awful crime.
He should never see free life again
When you say sinister, do you mean sexually? I'm going to put the rest in a spoiler.

There were always rumours mainly about how the batteries that were found around his body were used. However, Paul Britton's book, The Jigsaw Man, covers the murder at length. It's been a long time since I read it but I'm sure the wording was that his foreskin appeared to have been "manipulated" - I think was the word he used. And that was what was stipulated at trial. Nothing about the batteries that I can recall but it's been a long time since I read it. And we're going back even longer here but I'm old enough to remember the trial and this was not a feature of it but maybe it was kept hidden from the public at that time as the crime itself was horrific enough?

I know James being sexually abused by Thompson & Venables is something that Denise has really tried to push in more recent years. But how true it really is, I don't know.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
When you say sinister, do you mean sexually? I'm going to put the rest in a spoiler.

There were always rumours mainly about how the batteries that were found around his body were used. However, Paul Britton's book, The Jigsaw Man, covers the murder at length. It's been a long time since I read it but I'm sure the wording was that his foreskin appeared to have been "manipulated" - I think was the word he used. And that was what was stipulated at trial. Nothing about the batteries that I can recall but it's been a long time since I read it. And we're going back even longer here but I'm old enough to remember the trial and this was not a feature of it but maybe it was kept hidden from the public at that time as the crime itself was horrific enough?

I know James being sexually abused by Thompson & Venables is something that Denise has really tried to push in more recent years. But how true it really is, I don't know.
I a,so remember the trial,but to be honest I was so upset about it I could t read about it.Just so cruel beyond imagination.😢😢

Reactions: 5
Right, I've now read the full interview with Denise Fergus in The Mirror and she's actually spoken to Paul Britton! How weird is that?

“He also told me in no uncertain terms that Venables and Thompson had ‘no proper sexual involvement with James’.

He said James was ‘injured in all sorts of different ways and whilst he might have been injured in a way that would have included, if you like, all of his body, there wasn’t what you would call an adult sexual attack on him’.”

Venables has twice been returned to jail for possessing images of child sex abuse, and Denise said: “While I have no doubt Venables is now a sexual deviant and a massive danger to society, it was a great peace of mind to know that James’s murder was not sexually driven.”

So, i wonder if she'll now go on This Morning and renounce this interview she gave four years ago?! I remember raging about this at the time because I was knew it wasn't true.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
NEW THREAD

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.