Real Life Crime and Murder #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes the CCTV is strange! like some have speculated, I think police probably have a suspect but are keeping their cards close to their chest at the moment.

Regarding Claudia; I don't see it being solved unless someone talks. Firmly believe (speculation also) there is a close-knit group from the pub who know what happened. Maybe if there's a rift someone will come clean with what they know? I also believe the police have probably arrested and released the guilty person at some point. The sighting of the man and woman arguing on the bridge (the man being a left-handed smoker) seems vital to the case.
I think you’re right about the police keeping their cards close to their chest, I really really hope so.

Yes I agree, the only thing that I think will solve the Claudia Lawerence case is if people’s loyalties change or maybe a deathbed confession, it’s so sad to think of no justice for her family. I think you’re spot on that the police have arrested and released who it was. I will check out that analysis that you recommended

I remember when Karen Buckley was murdered in Glasgow, even though the killer seemed quite obvious, the police said it wasn't him. If I recall correctly, her parents might have even said similar in a press conference. But the idea behind it was to give the killer a false sense of security so he would slip up. Which he did. Maybe similar tactic being used her?
That’s a really interesting point, I think you’re right!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I remember when Karen Buckley was murdered in Glasgow, even though the killer seemed quite obvious, the police said it wasn't him. If I recall correctly, her parents might have even said similar in a press conference. But the idea behind it was to give the killer a false sense of security so he would slip up. Which he did. Maybe similar tactic being used her?
They were onto him immediately though, and I think it was just a couple of days between him being described as a witness to being a suspect. They hadn't found Karen's body either in those first few days - so she was just a 'missing person', I guess - whereas they have four bodies in Idaho. And I think it was his own mum who was going to the press saying it wasn't him for what felt like weeks, rather than Karen's parents.

I do think the information - or lack thereof - given in the Idaho case is very weird, considering the magnitude of the crime. I mean, it was over a week ago and people are literally leaving Moscow en masse because they're understandably terrified.

How did two people sleep through the murders of four others? One of the victims dad apparently said she put up a fight so there would have been noise.

How did two people sleep through the murders of four others? One of the victims dad apparently said she put up a fight so there would have been noise.
If you look at the house, the basement level - where the 2 survivors slept - is almost like a separate apartment. I think it even has its own front door.

Reactions: 8
Yes they definitely heard noise and either thought it was people partying or were scared and locked their doors. A former roommate who used to live in that house also said the first floor bedrooms (where the surviving roommates lived) had concrete and soundproof ceilings.

But another part that makes me feel so sad (apart from the obvious of course) is that one of the girl’s dog was there too, barking, must have been terrified poor thing.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
If you look at the house, the basement level - where the 2 survivors slept - is almost like a separate apartment. I think it even has its own front door.
Thank you.
Sounds like they slept through and woke up before noon and then found them.

Reactions: 5
Has anyone else also seen re the idaho case. Apparently one of the neighbours had their dog skinned in the weeks previous to this, and there js speculation it's linked. I have no idea how true this is, but iv seen it mentioned a few times.

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Reactions: 4
so i just read that Kaylee's dog was outside when police got to the house, so the murderer let the dog out as he got into the house?
seems like it's all pointing in the direction that they knew who this guy was, they were known to them?
anyone else have any thoughts?

Reactions: 8
so i just read that Kaylee's dog was outside when police got to the house, so the murderer let the dog out as he got into the house?
seems like it's all pointing in the direction that they knew who this guy was, they were known to them?
anyone else have any thoughts?
I think he or she is known to them. To go room to room and the nature of the killings doesn’t seem like a random killer to me.

Reactions: 7
Someone linked the judges findings in the Poppi Worthington case and within the judgement a case was referenced which I also read through the findings and it really shook me I just had to share. It concerns a stepfather sexually and physically abusing his two stepchildren and charges were never brought. The judge comments that he believes , like the Poppi Worthington case, that this actually happened. The abuse is so horrific and I think might even amount to torture, the judge alludes to thinking something somehow even more sinister was happening in the house after a disturbing photo was found of one of the children.
It just really scares me that this person (and the mother who fully knew of the abuse) are roaming freely with no consequences of what they did. The stepfather was also previously investigated for a skull fracture on a baby. I just find these cases interesting because what we mostly here of is what goes to trial or what's in the papers. I'm sure there's many more like this can go under the radar and justice isn't served

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
The Delphi suspect is up in court today, wondering if we will hear more about how he was cought and what evidence they have.
He has asked for bail too ..

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Someone linked the judges findings in the Poppi Worthington case and within the judgement a case was referenced which I also read through the findings and it really shook me I just had to share. It concerns a stepfather sexually and physically abusing his two stepchildren and charges were never brought. The judge comments that he believes , like the Poppi Worthington case, that this actually happened. The abuse is so horrific and I think might even amount to torture, the judge alludes to thinking something somehow even more sinister was happening in the house after a disturbing photo was found of one of the children.
It just really scares me that this person (and the mother who fully knew of the abuse) are roaming freely with no consequences of what they did. The stepfather was also previously investigated for a skull fracture on a baby. I just find these cases interesting because what we mostly here of is what goes to trial or what's in the papers. I'm sure there's many more like this can go under the radar and justice isn't served
That is dreadful. And he is still allowed supervised contact? What the hell

• Sad
Reactions: 3
The Delphi suspect is up in court today, wondering if we will hear more about how he was cought and what evidence they have.
He has asked for bail too ..
I hope he’s the actual murderer and the family gets some answers. I couldn’t cope knowing my child’s killer was out there and hadn’t been caught.
Does anyone have a link to a good article or something similar about the recent updates? I followed the case in 2017 when they were murdered but haven’t looked into it since.

Reactions: 7
Having just read this is am devastated for those children. Let down by their mother and the authorities, what they went through it truly horrific. Hope G and B are safe and happy now, as well as the three youngest.

• Sad
Reactions: 10

This is horrific. I assumed it would be the boyfriend/husband but read that he is abroad. The poor man.
Not to be sinister but had that been my children, I would not want to live. Heartbreaking case.

Anyone ever looked into the Trevor Deely case before? I fell into a rabbit hole with it last night.

Reactions: 9
Not to be sinister but had that been my children, I would not want to live. Heartbreaking case.

Anyone ever looked into the Trevor Deely case before? I fell into a rabbit hole with it last night.
The Trevor Deely one is interesting. I don't know what to think. I used to work in that area so I know the route well and can't imagine what might have happened to him.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.