Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Applina89

Hello all! Sorry this is off topic and morbid, but how do pathologists know when a victim has been SA’ed during a post mortem? I imagine sometimes there’s bruising but what if there isn’t any bruising or semen deposits. Also, how will they know whether it was assault or consensual?
I know this is a strange question to ask but it’s been on my mind a lot lately after reading about certain true crime cases.

Reactions: 3

Eureka

VIP Member
Sorry this is vague
Does anyone know what happened with a case that was mentioned on one of these threads a few months ago?
I would Google but can’t remember the lady’s name!
She was in Ireland or N.I, she was found dead at home and they suspected it was murder. An older lady. Someone on here found her Fb and she’d been posting about a bird that kept being in her house and how it was an omen!
Just wondering if they caught anyone for killing her
😞
Think this might be the lady

No one has been charged as yet but there is a chief suspect. This story appeared in the news a few weeks after the murder

I think its obvious he is the one they think did it.

Treesy19

VIP Member
Let’s see what they have to say on Monday with respect to details…I doubt that the girls were his first victims. He must have a murky violent past.

Article about the families of the Idaho victims calling for an end to a lot of conspiracy theories going around about the victims/motives

• Sad

Danglyweed

I've followed it on reddit so everything should be taken with a pinch of salt.

I guess a knife. The area they were found is a little bit away from the bridge in a forest so would be hidden from sight. It may be that the guy has had some kind of meltdown and didn't care at the time if he was caught or not but that is me guessing.

I think a lot of the theories have now gone out the window because it's an unknown name that has been arrested.
I was thinking more a hatchet. Been a while since I read it but I think the search warrant for ron logans house implied more than just a knife.

Gem74

VIP Member
I'm a bit confused, remains have been found but the police have found nothing during their search? I'm guessing the bone fragments have yet to be tested. Does anyone know the author who found them?
He claims to have also identified Jack The Ripper.

martha82

Chatty Member
Can anyone remember this case and if anymore ever came of it?It only happened in the last year or 2 in Northern Ireland!
A car full of young people was travelling from the pub late one night..the driver lost control and crashed and sadly one of the girls in the car died..being completely out of it and panicking they got another car and drove to the poor girls home where they tried to bury her in her back garden 😮
It's a mad story and I remember reading it from a screenshot of a WhatsApp group chat...can anyone remember this?

Update-I've found the story,they've all been charged

Jesus Mary and Joseph! That is a bit weird all right.
Never heard that story but I did see a story a couple of years ago that sounded similar - another car accident but they drove an injured girl who subsequently died, to the city hospital Belfast and left her at the door in a car maybe. Drugs related. Will try and find news article.

Found it - her name was Tara Wright (17yrs) , it happened March 2019

4 men were arrested but I never saw anything more about it

Last edited:
  • Sad

caroleffinbaskin

VIP Member
The Idaho murders are really shocking but if I may lighten the mood for a minute... has anyone read the comments under the Daily Mail article?

Highlights include something like 'if too much sex, drugs and rock and roll was a reason to kill someone the Rolling Stones would have been dead years ago'.

Everyone is convinced Jack is a drug dealer and there's one dude who has attempted to go full on criminal profiler, although to be fair, he may not be far off the mark.

The first three comments state how problematic the girls' behaviour was which left me completely baffled because I was sure I'd just read an article about a bunch of normal young people, enjoying life.

It's honestly the most bizarre collection of comments I've ever read.
Can you link the article please?

Reactions: 2

Aberscot

Chatty Member
It’s scheduled for 10am eastern time so should be 2pm UK. I don’t think it will be on TV here but this livestream link should hopefully work 🤞🏼

Thank you I will try to watch it.
I hope they release more than they have previously!

Sorry if this is an awful question but what kind of weapon are we thinking was used then and what would motive be to decapitate surely that would take time/risk being caught?
I think they were looking for some type of fish knife?
No idea what motive would be it’s horrific

Last edited:

quinzel

VIP Member
Someone on Reddit posted that the house was sold in June 2019 with a Rightmove link to the property.

My daughter around the corner from there, when I go down to visit and see the posters on the bridges it always makes me pause. I used to nag her about walking her dog alone around the lake.
Poor poor girl, and her poor parents.
What subreddit is this on please?

MissTeddy

VIP Member

LilPinkie

VIP Member
There was a programme on CBS Reality (Sky 146) last night called The Murder That Changed Britain. It's about the Rachel Nickell case and features some fella from the Met (not Keith Peddar) Paul Britton, the clinical psychologist who designed the "honeytrap", and Colin Stagg.

Just the trailer for it gave me the rage! Described as "the biggest miscarriage of justice in British legal history", it said that all parties concerned had "kept their counsel" for thirty years but were finally "breaking their silence"

Colin Stagg was never tried. The case was thrown out by the judge either at one of the pre trial hearings or on the first day of the actual trial (can't remember which) so not sure that can be a miscarriage of justice. Plus I can think of about five bigger actual miscarriages of justice off the top of my head.

And I must have completely imagined reading Paul Britton's book, where he writes about his involvement in the case at length, and Colin Stagg's numerous newspaper interviews over the years.

And did it really change Britain? I don't think so.

I have still recorded it though 😂 because I have a lot of time for Paul Britton and will probably watch it today if I get the chance. I'm just letting people know as I'm sure others will be interested as well.
Paul was used as a scapegoat. This programme has been a long time coming.

candyland_

VIP Member
I can’t help but wonder if they’ve got the right man for the Delphi murders. He looks younger than the man in the video.