Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LilPinkie

VIP Member
I’d like to read up on the Delphi case as it’s not one that I have heard or have any knowledge of but I see it mentioned a lot on here, if you have any good podcasts or sources that you would recommend, please let me know
Down The Hill, as everyone has mentioned, and the first series of Scene of the Crime are the best podcasts.

Reactions: 3

50sGirl

VIP Member
The Reddit on the case goes into a lot more details. I definitely think she could have been suicidal. Hard to know.
Have you got a link please?
I’m undecided.
Why would she leave her shoes behind? What happened to her shorts?
It was all rather strange.

sistersofpercy

VIP Member
Is this true!!? wth .. she was born in 1999 and thr house sold in 1999 so of true she would of just lived there for first few months of life.
Very odd if it’s true, but there is a lot of strange stuff floating around about it at the moment that’s probably fiction. I read that someone had found t someone who lived in or owned the house (was quite vague) called Choudry, but I’m sure the press would have picked that up by now if there was the remotest chance of a link.

sistersofpercy

VIP Member
According to the BBC report a member of the public raised the alarm, and that’s when police descended upon the house.

Oh I can well believe this. Silly young woman, probably had a tiff with someone and ran away. Is it really true that this street is the last place she was seen? Her poor family.
some cctv came to light earlier this year that potentially showed her by the lake, but it was unclear, more of a shape that matched her frame.
The last sighting was on a home system I believe walking towards street where she’s been found.

• Sad

OoglyBoogly

Chatty Member
Omg they know for sure what happened? what was it?

They don't know "for sure" but it was heavily implied that a Vatican priest had sexually assaulted her, so they made her disappear to live abroad. Her brother states a later Pope told him Emanuela is in heaven, but he was the only one who heard it. If she is dead, the Vatican are denying all knowledge and not telling the family where she is buried.

A second girl (Mirella Gregori ) went missing from the Vatican area in Rome 40 days before Emanuela. She has never been found either.

She went missing on Italian territory, the series was a bit woolly about what happened to her, but they don't think the two are connected

• Wow

Pulltheotherone

VIP Member
Just saw this on the Daily Mail. Amongst the rest. It is awful and these monsters walk amongst us.

My heart goes out to all of the families and loved ones of the victims. It's just unfair and so sad. Surely the law needs reviewing, harsher sentences per type of crime.

Sorry to state the obvious and so many tragedies occurring globally. 🥺☮💜
Absolutely.

• Heart

Angiedunnit

I have followed the Delphi case for a while (I think someone on these threads first introduced me to it) and I remember somebody recommending the Sloan medium reading. I can’t remember exactly what she said but I remember her saying something about the killer is someone in the community and when that person is arrested it will shock everybody and that it would happen when there was fireworks, she said possibly the 4th July but I’ve just thought it’s almost the 5th November. Might be a coincidence but I love stuff like that. I can totally see why people don’t believe in it though (I’ve always been a bit of a hippy 🤣)
This is interesting because in Ireland the big fireworks night is Halloween. The same day as this press conference 😳 Wonder if its the same in America? Either way it's eerie!

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
Hasn't she recently got married? I watched her ep on Britain's most evil killers a while ago and she thought she'd get away with it can see why she's got a bad name
Apparently she was a very nasty bully.The guy I worked with said nobody was surprised she got done.

Guyyyyyzzzzzz

VIP Member
Social workers, can I ask you a question? If there is an assault on a child, such as they are burned, what happens? I never reported what I went through as a kid and I’ve always wondered what would have happened if I had- I was too young and afraid tho.
Now? Section 47 investigation. Which is child protection. It’s normally joint with police, depending on what’s happened. We’ll go speak to the child, depending on age obviously and we send for child protection medical. An again on depending on outcomes/what’s been said history etc. we’ll immediately safeguard try a place child with a safe relative.

GlassOfBeans

Chatty Member
I would love to know the story behind the Idaho student murders ...such a savage attack....

I found this video on Twitter of 2 of the girls ordering food from a food truck the night of the murders...the food truck streams on Twitch..you can see there is a guy who kind of arrives with them but they're not that interested in him..when they leave he appears to follow them but I've viewed it from a different view and they seem to walk in different directions.

The guy in the grey hoodie and coat? At the end, it looks like they leave and another man points to them and Grey Hoodie goes to leave but then in a different direction like you say.

I will read up on this case now. I’m currently going through all the Delphi murder podcast suggestions so thank you to everyone who recommend ones, it’s such a chilling case.

Pulltheotherone

VIP Member
Apologies… my mistake. I was doing other things and I just heard 6 years.
I was taken aback when the older guy said he went to his friends house to smoke crack and take heroin, wtf.

• Sad

iieee

VIP Member
I live not far from here and some early comments from witnesses on Facebook said that they tasered and it didn’t work, he got back up and was threatening with the knife hence the shots 🤷‍♀️
That's what DM have reported, also said it was a samurai sword not a knife.

Memento_Mori

You can clearly see that sth is wrong with this woman. I don't mean the face itself but the way she paints her eyebrows. It doesn't fit to the eyes. Only disturbed people do this.

Jkop

It’s such an odd case. I’d never heard about it before. I need to look into it more, but it does seems like it was hastily recorded as a suicide and the circumstances are odd. Although I don’t put much stock in her family / friends claiming that she wasn’t suicidal as she was happy / making plans etc. Anyone can be suicidal, even for a few moments. And that’s all it takes really….
At first I thought suicide was a possibility due to the money issues, but the rest of the evidence definitely seems to point at something more. I just can’t believe that if the ‘friends’ theory is correct, none of them have cracked yet and told the truth 🤷🏻‍♀️

Silverback

VIP Member
I’m certain things will come out about DJ considering boys were abused at his house and rumours have been swirling for years.

greenvelvet

VIP Member
If someone has been released from prison on licence they have to get permission from their probation officer before they undertake any employment. If they are a registered sex offender or serious violent offender they will likely be subject to MAPPA and if there are any concerns - with an employer who does not undertake DBS checks - disclosure can be made where required.
But it’s against the law now for an employer to discriminate against a person who has a conviction FOR that reason. Obviously if a job requires DBS checking or enhanced DBS (such as police, teachers etc etc) then the employer can bar them from the job due to it not being suitable due to safeguarding etc.
Also, if you are going for a job and are asked on an application for details if unspent convictions you HAVE to disclose them. If you don’t it’s technically a breach of the law and if not reported to police you can immediately be sacked etc.

I find a lot of people don’t know things that go on in the CJS. Just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean it isn’t happening.
thanks for this. its interesting. i wasnt saying that the employer should be able to view the results of the check, just that the government would be able to track where they go, but it sounds like they already have something like that in place. does it literally just rely on the person informing their probation officer and the punishment for not doing it being returned to prison etc.? i dont know a lot about what happens to criminals after they leave prison tbh. i guess next time i should probably google it before saying something lol

Last edited: