Real Dads of Melbourne

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg do they have a Ferrari as well as a Porsche now?! Jarrad is such a such a bloody show off. I don’t agree with the assessment that gay men are normally or often like this either. I don’t know any that are remotely in the league of Jarrad when it comes to showing off their fancy lifestyle. Money talks, wealth whispers!! It actually makes him seem a lot less classy.
Oh maybe it's the Porsche! Lol I clearly don't pay enough attention 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Omg do they have a Ferrari as well as a Porsche now?! Jarrad is such a such a bloody show off. I don’t agree with the assessment that gay men are normally or often like this either. I don’t know any that are remotely in the league of Jarrad when it comes to showing off their fancy lifestyle. Money talks, wealth whispers!! It actually makes him seem a lot less classy.
I agree about that generalisation, I have a few gay mates and although wealthy, they aren’t OTT or flashy cockwombles about it. Pretty humble really

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think it’s pretty rank to cast all gay men as being cut from the same cloth and show offs?! Not sure anyone’s gender identity or sexual preference pigeonholes them into being braggarts…

I actually don’t have a problem with the showing off per se, I just think he should be more upfront about being pretentious and materialistic. There’s heaps of influencers who are completely unapologetic about their wealth and the lifestyle it brings them, but it’s just a part of them, not positioned as some reason why they’re better than others which is exactly what it feels like Jarrad does it.

Like with the kitchen in the shack. I’d re-do it too. It’s dated and I’d want a new one. But I’d also know that nobody wants to see me pretending to be stressed by the blown budget or cleaning the house because the builder can’t think you use cups or whatever tit Jarrad tries to add a little excitement to his life with.

I think at the basis of it all is that he’s a tremendously boring man. His go to gags are always identical - eating too much and subsequently being ‘fat’, dick shaped things, and denying his 11 year old kid any kind of age appropriate experience he might wish to have. Some functional alcoholism to add some spice to his mundane life and voila. The Jarrad Experience.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I think it’s pretty rank to cast all gay men as being cut from the same cloth and show offs?! Not sure anyone’s gender identity or sexual preference pigeonholes them into being braggarts…

I actually don’t have a problem with the showing off per se, I just think he should be more upfront about being pretentious and materialistic. There’s heaps of influencers who are completely unapologetic about their wealth and the lifestyle it brings them, but it’s just a part of them, not positioned as some reason why they’re better than others which is exactly what it feels like Jarrad does it.

Like with the kitchen in the shack. I’d re-do it too. It’s dated and I’d want a new one. But I’d also know that nobody wants to see me pretending to be stressed by the blown budget or cleaning the house because the builder can’t think you use cups or whatever tit Jarrad tries to add a little excitement to his life with.

I think at the basis of it all is that he’s a tremendously boring man. His go to gags are always identical - eating too much and subsequently being ‘fat’, dick shaped things, and denying his 11 year old kid any kind of age appropriate experience he might wish to have. Some functional alcoholism to add some spice to his mundane life and voila. The Jarrad Experience.
You’re so right! I actually think the kitchen in “The Shack” is lovely but that’s just because I’ve never lived in a house with a new kitchen- one day, a girl can dream!
I really hope Reid rebels against Jarrad in future- it’s like he’s being forcefully cajoled into being a spoilt brat- hopefully his own personality will shine through as he gets older and he won’t end up a carbon copy of J. I hope Reid gets a horrible little mullet like the other kids are wearing and I hope it brings him joy 🤣
J’s continuous fatphobia is so gross and passé, he really needs to get over it. If he really wanted to improve his health he would drink less alcohol. Reid won’t struggle to sneak a few bottles out to parties when he’s older that’s for sure.

Reactions: 10
Who bleeping takes photos in a church, at a funeral and broadcasts it to thousands of followers. That’s so disrespectful

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I’m not a fan of these two at all, mostly because I think it’s really really sad that poor Reid has had a camera shoved in his face his whole life.

He is very unnatural and “on” all the time. I’ve said it before and I stand by it, I really think once these influencer kids grow up they will be the next generation of troubled child stars. I honestly hope I’m wrong but, psychologically speaking, I just think it’s such an unhealthy way to grow up.

Reactions: 20
I’ve said it before and I stand by it, I really think once these influencer kids grow up they will be the next generation of troubled child stars. I honestly hope I’m wrong but, psychologically speaking, I just think it’s such an unhealthy way to grow up.
Influencer kids will for sure be the next generation of troubled child “stars”. I feel like so much more is being done to protect child actors now (still not perfect!) and most celebrities don’t splash their children all over social media for a buck. There’s zero rules of regulations around these influencer kids. The drive for likes/comments/engagement feels so much more personal with social media.

Reactions: 9
Influencer kids will for sure be the next generation of troubled child “stars”. I feel like so much more is being done to protect child actors now (still not perfect!) and most celebrities don’t splash their children all over social media for a buck. There’s zero rules of regulations around these influencer kids. The drive for likes/comments/engagement feels so much more personal with social media.
I think they’re going to sue their parents for their share of the income they earned as children. The exploitation of these kids for their parents’ financial gain is a very slippery slope if these kids in the future want a slice of what is their earnings.

Reactions: 10
I think they’re going to sue their parents for their share of the income they earned as children. The exploitation of these kids for their parents’ financial gain is a very slippery slope if these kids in the future want a slice of what is their earnings.
Does anyone know how strictly enforced the laws and regulations are for income earned by minors? Surely it should be held in a trust account for them to access as adults and used for their education etc? I doubt all the influencers would follow this- I could definitely see the children suing for their rightfully owed income in that case.

Reactions: 4
Does anyone know how strictly enforced the laws and regulations are for income earned by minors? Surely it should be held in a trust account for them to access as adults and used for their education etc? I doubt all the influencers would follow this- I could definitely see the children suing for their rightfully owed income in that case.
I don’t even know that there are any laws in relation to kids and social media. Movies yes.

Reactions: 5
Have they ever had any more foster kids since the tiny baby last year? I get it was exciting for them/Jarred to have a baby in the house but was it necessary for him to post so much about the baby?
I wouldn’t be surprised if DHS warned them that posting pics of foster child, even with ridiculous emojis obscuring their face, was not allowed! General consensus here seems it’s Jarrod that’s “ego gone mad” and Michael seems very down to earth!

Reactions: 12
I actually really like this family 😆 I think the behaviour they’re criticised for is not that unusual for a gay couple. The gays do love to show off their wares!

I think people think of them in the same category as mumfluencers but they’re not mums, they’re men. Gay men who have a bit of money and in the gay community it’s not uncommon for there to be a whole lot of peacocking and showing off their style and wealth.

In the past gay men were not allowed to show off anything, let alone their family and success. So in my opinion I think they are allowed to boast and self congratulate and revel in their success because it has been denied for so long. They are still part of a marginalised community.
Yeah nah. I think bringing up their sexuality is a bit of a reach. At the end of the day they’re still two privileged white men and they use Reid like an accessory.

Reactions: 14
I wouldn’t be surprised if DHS warned them that posting pics of foster child, even with ridiculous emojis obscuring their face, was not allowed! General consensus here seems it’s Jarrod that’s “ego gone mad” and Michael seems very down to earth!
They are such an odd pairing. Michael seems ok.

Reactions: 5
I used to wonder how the poor Mother of that child who obviously lost custody for whatever reason felt about it. Good on her for turning her life around and getting “Junior” back. I hope they really did pass on all the stuff they were grifted to the baby. It must have been so hard to be separated from the baby, but see them plastering him all over Instagram for any brand willing to splash some cash

Reactions: 11
I actually really like this family 😆 I think the behaviour they’re criticised for is not that unusual for a gay couple. The gays do love to show off their wares!

I think people think of them in the same category as mumfluencers but they’re not mums, they’re men. Gay men who have a bit of money and in the gay community it’s not uncommon for there to be a whole lot of peacocking and showing off their style and wealth.

In the past gay men were not allowed to show off anything, let alone their family and success. So in my opinion I think they are allowed to boast and self congratulate and revel in their success because it has been denied for so long. They are still part of a marginalised community.
Doesn’t justify the damage they’re doing to that young boy.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.