Rate My Takeaway

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone watch this channel on youtube?

I think he started in lockdown and those videos were pretty good. Seems to get accused of paid reviews now but no idea if there's any truth to it. He does give high scores to some really tit places though. And the channel itself seems to unintentionally highlight how crappy UK takeaways are. And his Peter Kay like shtick must grate on some people.

Watched some, mostly the ones he did that I know, he can be a bit over generous I feel with some places so I don't feel he's giving a true review of it, one place he did was so tit here it didn't even last a few years, place is gone now but yet he raved it was amazing an good for money, he paid like £30 or £40 somthing for like two trays of stuff, would hardly feed a family of 4

Iv never heard of this YouTube channel but what a great idea for a thread I’d love to see other people’s takeaways and rate them 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Haha yeah, I thought that's what people might think it was. I suppose it can be a duel thread lol

Reactions: 1
I’m not familiar with that channel but there’s an American chap on YouTube called Daym Drops and I love his reviews. He seems such a lovely chap, and he also writes brilliant online reviews for his meals too, so funny!

Where to start.

I think his videos were a decent novelty when he first started them in lockdown. The whole setting up the table outside the restaurant thing actually made sense now. Him still doing it now is just bloody weird though. Quite often now he is setting up his table in the middle of busy streets and just getting in people's way. All the while the places he is buying food from look empty and he could surely just have a seat inside. The videos are needlessly long as well. Obviously because the longer the video, the more money he can make from them. We don't need to see him arriving by car, parking, walking to the restaurant, ordering, waiting for the food. He sometimes doesn't even eat anything till after the 20 minute mark. And every video now has multiple "fans" wanting to pose for photos with him. He can't be that well known ffs. I bet a lot of these people are plants. Aye up!

Reactions: 5
Where to start.

I think his videos were a decent novelty when he first started them in lockdown. The whole setting up the table outside the restaurant thing actually made sense now. Him still doing it now is just bloody weird though. Quite often now he is setting up his table in the middle of busy streets and just getting in people's way. All the while the places he is buying food from look empty and he could surely just have a seat inside. The videos are needlessly long as well. Obviously because the longer the video, the more money he can make from them. We don't need to see him arriving by car, parking, walking to the restaurant, ordering, waiting for the food. He sometimes doesn't even eat anything till after the 20 minute mark. And every video now has multiple "fans" wanting to pose for photos with him. He can't be that well known ffs. I bet a lot of these people are plants. Aye up!
Yeah as the videos went on I found myself skipping through most of them. Same starting slogan, same catchphrases peppered throughout. It all got stale very fast. I imagine he'll go down the collab route and gradually start having more guest reviewers.

I think he seem slike a likeable guy, I feel bad for him losing his partner in what seemed like a very sudden way, especially with children together, but I agree none of the reviews are anything different, it is all just "great/amazing" etc. I get that maybe he doesn;t want to do negative reviews as it could destory a local business but it is all quite samey

Reactions: 2
It would probably have been a lot better if he had just done one or two videos a week. I think he actually puts a new one up every day. Also for someone who is meant to be a food reviewer, he often doesn't even have a clue how to describe what's on his plate. He'll just say stuff like "this red stuff". If he's having a curry for example, he won't go much more into depth then just saying "That's spicy". No tit mate. It's a curry.

Reactions: 3
I like him, he’s harmless. He’s much better than “Food Review Club” who rate takeaways based on restaurant standards 🙄

I like him, he’s harmless. He’s much better than “Food Review Club” who rate takeaways based on restaurant standards 🙄
I think he seems nice, agreed he is harmless, I think he just needs to be more descriptive in what he says, I get he doesn;t want to give bad reviews (which I think is fair, he could almost destroy a business at this point) but he needs to describe things better imo

Reactions: 2