Radford Family #6 Sue claims Heidie is the last, something she's said many times in the pa

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One thing that is striking about Sue that recent conversation reminded me of is her belief that she (and Noel) did it all alone. Having a baby at 14, getting no help, them doing it all etc which could not be further from the truth. I think the very stark reality is that if Sue's parents were not as supportive as they were then she could have been very strongly coerced into giving Chris up for adoption. She had no recourse to social funds at that age, if her parents and Noel's kicked them out they would have been homeless with no money and the baby might have been taken into care anyway. A lot of questions would be asked about Noel having a relationship with a child. But no, according to Sue they didn't get help. Her mum even gave up work to look after Chris so Sue could finish school.

Reactions: 16
One thing that is striking about Sue that recent conversation reminded me of is her belief that she (and Noel) did it all alone. Having a baby at 14, getting no help, them doing it all etc which could not be further from the truth. I think the very stark reality is that if Sue's parents were not as supportive as they were then she could have been very strongly coerced into giving Chris up for adoption. She had no recourse to social funds at that age, if her parents and Noel's kicked them out they would have been homeless with no money and the baby might have been taken into care anyway. A lot of questions would be asked about Noel having a relationship with a child. But no, according to Sue they didn't get help. Her mum even gave up work to look after Chris so Sue could finish school.
Both sue and Noel were adopted so maybe didn’t want Chris to end up like them

Reactions: 3
One thing I always think when I watch the vlogs is, how do they know where all the kids are in the house? It's a big place and there are a lot of them to watch. Sometimes Sue is chilling in the kitchen or living room, how would she know if one of the little ones was climbing somewhere, or playing with something dangerous?

Reactions: 9
Oh they definitely didn't want to put him up for adoption, my point is that 30 years ago a very young girl like Sue could essentially have been forced down that route if the parents didn't agree to support her.

Reactions: 4
One thing I always think when I watch the vlogs is, how do they know where all the kids are in the house? It's a big place and there are a lot of them to watch. Sometimes Sue is chilling in the kitchen or living room, how would she know if one of the little ones was climbing somewhere, or playing with something dangerous?
I often think that too. But then I remember that sue has been looking after toddler's for 30 years!! That is some experience.. She has managed to keep them all safe soi would think she knows what she is doing. Imagine always having toddlers.. For 30 years!!

One thing that does worry me though is if they do indeed get a hottub.. I just can't see that being safe.. An adult would have to constantly be outside when the smaller kids are to supervise. And I can't see that happening. I thi k it would cause more stress than it would be worth.

Probably cos she relies on the older ones to 'care' for the toddlers whilst she works out her ovulation dates 🙄

Reactions: 19
At 14, she would have had no choice in the matter if she didn't have the support of her parents though. She would have been completely unable to bring him up herself. I think that was the point. But Sue loves to claim they did it all themselves, which is obviously completely untrue.

Yes I've always thought this too. They'll be filming somewhere, say out in the garden, yet not all the little ones will be out there with them and I always think how can she be sure they're safe?

I assume she relies big time on the older ones to keep an eye out, but it's a huge responsibility for people who are still just kids themselves, to have to have eyes in the back of their heads all the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
All true. And when I was 14 I was still playing with dollies!

Reactions: 6
At 14, she would have had no choice in the matter if she didn't have the support of her parents though. She would have been completely unable to bring him up herself. I think that was the point. But Sue loves to claim they did it all themselves, which is obviously completely untrue.

Yes I've always thought this too. They'll be filming somewhere, say out in the garden, yet not all the little ones will be out there with them and I always think how can she be sure they're safe?

I assume she relies big time on the older ones to keep an eye out, but it's a huge responsibility for people who are still just kids themselves, to have to have eyes in the back of their heads all the time.
I honestly don't think this occurs to them. In one of the early KACs they were on a very busy beach and lost one of the toddlers. Sue's parents and Noel were running up and down the beach, whilst heavily pregnant Sue sat giggling about it, saying they always lose one. She was talking to the camera and not even watching the other toddlers, it was quite odd as if she didn't understand the possible danger.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I honestly don't think this occurs to them. In one of the early KACs they were on a very busy beach and lost one of the toddlers. Sue's parents and Noel were running up and down the beach, whilst heavily pregnant Sue sat giggling about it, saying they always lose one. She was talking to the camera and not even watching the other toddlers, it was quite odd as if she didn't understand the possible danger.
That's nothing to laugh about! Its unbelievable how far toddlers can walk in a short space of time. My mum once found a little lad wandering around, lost at the beach. She walked with him to find his parents, who were looking for him. He'd walked miles! (not actual miles but you get the point). My my mum couldn't believe how far he'd walked! When my sister and I were small and we were on holiday with some friends, we walked off when we'd been told to sit and wait with the other kids. My mum was worried and when she got ahold of us she was furious and told us off for walking off. One of her friends was embarrassed by her telling us off but she didn't care. She was worried that something could've happened to us. And rightly so. These days you never know who or whats around and it only takes a moment to look away and they're gone or someones grabbed them. Or they've hurt themselves. One worry I'd have at a beach with so many kids is when in the water how quickly the water can change. With so many kids you can't possibly keep a firm eye on all of them all of the time. What if one suddenly walks out of their depth and starts to struggle and there are so many other little ones you have to watch? There are so many things that could happen.

Reactions: 7
I vaguely recall that. I would be interested to watch the old KAC again, purely to see how much they've changed as a family (not necessarily for the better with the introduction of vlogging freebies) but also out of interest to see what hasn't changed (lack of safety etc). I can only find a couple on YouTube though.

I do find it interesting to see old pics of the kids to see how spookily similar they all are. I saw an old one of Casper when he was Archie's age the other day. Take the blonde bob away and facially it was Archie. Another old pic showed some of the middle girls (impossible to tell which ones but I'm guessing Katie, Ellie and Aimee). It was like looking at Phoebe and Hallie.

• Wow
I think it was in one of the earlier shows (15/16 KAC?) when both their parents were introduced - it was said a social worker at the time had advised Sue's parents to not make any hints at giving the baby away or put up for adoption as there was a fear that she would take off with Noel and not be seen again. Although Sue never confirmed/denied that she would have taken off - another interesting point! I think the age thing was a big deal even back then but as with many things they've lied/covered it up. I feel that that kind of warning and fear would stay with you so that might've contributed to how much Sue's parents help out and why her mum gave up work for Chris.

Reactions: 6
Where has the latest vlog gone? It’s been wiped off YouTube. Not that I actually care as it was dull as hell! What’s going on?!

I vaguely recall that. I would be interested to watch the old KAC again, purely to see how much they've changed as a family (not necessarily for the better with the introduction of vlogging freebies) but also out of interest to see what hasn't changed (lack of safety etc). I can only find a couple on YouTube though.

I do find it interesting to see old pics of the kids to see how spookily similar they all are. I saw an old one of Casper when he was Archie's age the other day. Take the blonde bob away and facially it was Archie. Another old pic showed some of the middle girls (impossible to tell which ones but I'm guessing Katie, Ellie and Aimee). It was like looking at Phoebe and Hallie.
All the KAC are currently on All4 to rewatch if you wanted - I watched them all again recently!

Reactions: 4
I think it was in one of the earlier shows (15/16 KAC?) when both their parents were introduced - it was said a social worker at the time had advised Sue's parents to not make any hints at giving the baby away or put up for adoption as there was a fear that she would take off with Noel and not be seen again. Although Sue never confirmed/denied that she would have taken off - another interesting point! I think the age thing was a big deal even back then but as with many things they've lied/covered it up. I feel that that kind of warning and fear would stay with you so that might've contributed to how much Sue's parents help out and why her mum gave up work for Chris.
Sue has said the relationship had been going on for a while and she didnt fall preg first time.

What a slag at such a young age.
Did you really just call a thirteen year old a 'slag'? :mad: She was a young CHILD. She was naive and innocent and was obviously groomed. A thirteen year old child is not a 'slag' and should never be referred to as one.

Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.