Radford Family #5 Sue's given birth to number 22, now surely that'll do?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find it so strange that not all of their kids get into the same school. In the area I live in, you’re guaranteed a place at a school (for both primary and secondary) if the child has an older sibling already attending it. Doesn’t make sense to split up sibling groups as parents will have to buy new uniforms and it would just make things difficult. Your child gets into their sibling’s school round here even if it isn’t your nearest school, unless you specifically request a different school (and there is a place available at it). Wonder why they don’t do that in Morecambe.

Reactions: 1
Genuine question but in today’s vlog they gave Bonnie a roast dinner. The portion in my eyes was small. Is that a normal size? I have twins the same age and I feed them much bigger sizes (which gets eaten) am I over feeding or are the radfords underfed?
It wasn't bonnie it was hallie and the portion was tiny there under feeding them my kids would look at me with disgust if I give them so little

It wasn't bonnie it was hallie and the portion was tiny there under feeding them my kids would look at me with disgust if I give them so little
Sorry I realised it was bonnie

Does anyone else think Chloe used to be a really pretty girl, but now looks just awful with all that make-up and lip fillers?
She looks awful the makeup is to heavy the lips are just to big for her face

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I find it so strange that not all of their kids get into the same school. In the area I live in, you’re guaranteed a place at a school (for both primary and secondary) if the child has an older sibling already attending it. Doesn’t make sense to split up sibling groups as parents will have to buy new uniforms and it would just make things difficult. Your child gets into their sibling’s school round here even if it isn’t your nearest school, unless you specifically request a different school (and there is a place available at it). Wonder why they don’t do that in Morecambe.
Normally admissions criteria goes (can be slightly different for religious schools)
1- looked after children
2- siblings in catchment
3- other children in catchment
4- siblings out of catchment
5- other children out of catchment

Don't think any area in the UK guarantees any sibling gets a place! I know a few who haven't got a place at the school their older children go to as they live out of catchment! Usually they've moved out of catchment since the oldest started.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Normally admissions criteria goes
1- looked after children
2- siblings in catchment

Don't think any area in the UK guarantees any sibling gets a place! I know a few who haven't got a place at the school their older children go to as they live out of catchment! Usually they've moved out of catchment since the oldest started.
Yes, this. Most areas do prioritise siblings, if it's your closest school, but if you're nearer to other schools they have to prioritise children for which their school is the closest, ahead of siblings out of catchment. Otherwise you end up with people who can drive heading right across town and hogging spaces at the good schools with all their subsequent children (especially families the size of The Radfords!), meaning first born children of families living really close to that school can no longer get in and end up placed really far away, which can be a real problem for families who don't drive.

Which is why, despite it being a guess, I made the assumption that Tillie and Max's school, the one where all their kids seemed to get into previously, perhaps wasn't their most local, as it's the most obvious explanation for why Oscar didn't get it. Also, it always seems like Noel drives the kids to that school whereas Sue walks the little ones, which also suggests their school is closer. They seem to have opted for this school ever since with the little ones, suggesting they perhaps realise they're more likely to get in there (it also makes sense to have all the children of the same age in the same school where possible I guess. Max leaves primary this year and Tillie will only have one year left after this one so they probably won't have to do drop offs there for much longer). Maybe the other school has had a new estate built near it in recent years which could explain the greater demand and why people living where the Radfords do are now less likely to get in?

I'm purely guessing on all of this btw, just thinking of explanations which would make sense...

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
We move around alot and they don't do it in many places. Where we currently live we have been lucky to get all children into the same school. We are very worried about our next move later this year as we have a high chance of not getting all siblings together.

Who the hell puts a pram top facing away from them?! Clearly cares more about her new pram than her new baby!
I was thinking that, a baby especially that small needs to be parent facing, in case of choking or sick etc xx
Exactly! You'd think she'd know that by number 22 wouldn't tou!?!
Number 22 and Sue still doesn't have a clue! 🙈😂
Probably a selfish case of “I've had 22 children so it won't happen to me

Sorry I realised it was bonnie

She looks awful the makeup is to heavy the lips are just to big for her face
She reminds me of Kermit the frog. Not into knocking anyone’s looks (that ain’t right) but OMG she’s not all she thinks she is! Looks like her main ambition in life is to be screwed by a footballer 🤮

• Sick
But the radfords haven’t moved house. Strange that they were able to get into one school with so many children and then would suddenly have to change. Unless of course they chose to go to a different school. Might be more convenient to be able to walk there.

They haven't moved house, but it goes on availability in year groups. So they may have been able to get all the older children into one school and then not had the availability for max and younger children. 2 of my kids are born in "baby boom" years, same some of the radford kids and they are the kids we struggle to get into schools as they have a higher demand than other year groups.

Reactions: 4
But the radfords haven’t moved house. Strange that they were able to get into one school with so many children and then would suddenly have to change. Unless of course they chose to go to a different school. Might be more convenient to be able to walk there.
Or the academy rejected the application. Lots of schools are now in charge of their own admissions, it also could be to do with birth years so if there are children who live closer (could be 100m then they get priority)

They must have moved to the big house at some point though?! Surely they didn't live there from when they had Chris?
Theyve been putting kids through school for 25+ years now 😛 maybe they were just lucky initially or as someone else said might have been new houses built near the original school. Maybe the school has decreased it's intake number? Plenty of reasons they suddenly stopped being able to get the kids in there.

Reactions: 7
They didn't choose to change, Oscar didn't get in and there was a big drama at the time with all their minions outraged for them. They do seem to have opted for the other school ever since though.

I hadn't thought about them moving. That could have played a part actually as I'm sure they've been at their current house for at least 10 years now. Maybe they use to live closer to the other school but are now slightly out of catchment. They could have got lucky with Max, Tillie and the couple of kids before them but if they're out of catchment now it makes sense that their luck wasn't going to last forever in terms of getting them all in.

Edit:-
Ok, it appears they've been there longer than I thought. A Google search seems to conclude that they bought the house in 2004. Maybe I got confused and the 10 I had in my head wasn't the amount of years they've been there but the amount of children they had at the time...? 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Normally admissions criteria goes (can be slightly different for religious schools)
1- looked after children
2- siblings in catchment

Our area it’s looked after, echp and the siblings don’t matter about catchment.

Its the only way it goes round!
Could you not put it rear facing on the front and bonnies seat at the back facing forward, I know not great for Bonnie though

1- looked after children
2- siblings in catchment

I didn’t realise if you move a sibling wasn’t as high up the list, I totally agree with this, there’s a kid in my daughters class that lied about their address using a grandparents and got in, so frustrating when others that lived closer missed out.
Do they have a kid in every yr group ?

Last edited:
Could you not put it rear facing on the front and bonnies seat at the back facing forward, I know not great for Bonnie though

I didn’t realise if you move a sibling wasn’t as high up the list, I totally agree with this, there’s a kid in my daughters class that lied about their address using a grandparents and got in, so frustrating when others that lived closer missed out.
Do they have a kid in every yr group ?
Off the top of my head, they currently have Hallie in Reception, Casper in Year 2, Oscar Year 3, Tillie Year 5, Max Year 6, Josh Year 8, Aimee Year 9, Ellie Year 10, James Year 11 and Katie at college. Phoebe and Archie are at nursery, with Phoebe starting school next year.

So yeah, pretty much most year groups!

I think it's a good thing many areas prioritise children in catchment ahead of siblings out of it, to protect children's chances of attending their most local school, should their parents wish them to attend there.

If you apply to a school out of catchment and you get in you're lucky but don't necessarily expect there to be a place for your younger children. This is where many parents go wrong, and then kick off acting all enraged and entitled when their next little darling doesn't get in as how can they possible expect them to be in two places at the same time?! Well they should have thought of that before they applied out of catchment first time around! I'm guessing they wouldn't give a second thought to little Johnny whose parents don't drive and have to walk him 40 mins each way to get him to the school he ends up allocated at, as his local school is full of kids from across town who got in due to having older siblings already at the school, if the criteria was different and prioritised then instead...?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
They didn't choose to change, Oscar didn't get in and there was a big drama at the time with all their minions outraged for them. They do seem to have opted for the other school ever since though.

I hadn't thought about them moving. That could have played a part actually as I'm sure they've been at their current house for at least 10 years now. Maybe they use to live closer to the other school but are now slightly out of catchment. They could have got lucky with Max, Tillie and the couple of kids before them but if they're out of catchment now it makes sense that their luck wasn't going to last forever in terms of getting them all in.

Edit:-
Ok, it appears they've been there longer than I thought. A Google search seems to conclude that they bought the house in 2004. Maybe I got confused and the 10 I had in my head wasn't the amount of years they've been there but the amount of children they had at the time...? 😂
I remember this, it was such a facebook drama and the minions were going to contact the school :ROFLMAO: IIRC the children go to a CoE school and itknocked siblings off the criteria. Asthe family did not belong to that church they didn't meet any of the criteria, hence the youngest didn't get in.

• Haha
I remember this, it was such a facebook drama and the minions were going to contact the school :ROFLMAO: IIRC the children go to a CoE school and itknocked siblings off the criteria. Asthe family did not belong to that church they didn't meet any of the criteria, hence the youngest didn't get in.
Yeah I vaguely recall it being something like that too. It definitely can't have been their most local school then.

As you say, the minions were going mad. Anyone would have thought they'd made a conscious and deliberate decision to reject a Radford child 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.