Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Director of Mugs

VIP Member
She's live now on YouTube. I've missed an hour of it. Basically she's wasting post it notee and writing things down. It makes no sense.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

usemycode

VIP Member
What?
55773C52-DAED-441F-8B08-6511DDFFC601.png

08952805-F85F-4A4B-8B22-9D3E370027B2.jpeg

---
Seriously I could only read that by screenshotting and zooming in. Interestig that she’s been out of Canada for 3 months, obviously it was to get another visa 🙄

• Haha

Director of Mugs

VIP Member
I think she’s already at that point. It’s a shame she never finished uni, she could have done it part time or applied for assistance because of her anxiety (things like extended time to complete assessments).
I think she didn't like the other units of her course and that's why she quit.

It did feel like when she started uni, she was just doing it as something to do, not to lead into a job. Mind you this was years ago.

A lot of people don't know what they want to do with their lives. But she is the first person I've seen that has moved to Canada and just sit in her apartment all day.

• Haha

mindlessness

VIP Member
It's sort of weird - I haven't watched her videos for a while and that apartment could just as easily be back in Melbourne. Then she's there buying the same ikea furniture she could buy in Melbourne, the same TV...

RentLife

Chatty Member
So she's jumped on the thrifted trend.

I too like her apartment. However she's buying too much stuff. As I said before she's not permanently living in Canada. Sooner or later she'll have to sell it or give it all away.

None of these youtubers offer any good realistic tips, hacks etc. It's all about setting up your work desk to make it aesthetically appealing.

Someone asked on Instagram if she has become a citizen and Rachel replied that she plans to live there forever. How? Putting aside marrying a Canadian. Is youtuber really all you need to become a citizen.

usemycode

VIP Member
Tho I don't think she's trying hard enough in all honesty. In her Q&A she said there are specific things she's looking for in a partner at this stage,

I just don't get how a total of 4 guys wouldn't meet that criteria, I had this thought a long time ago that she loves to sleep around but never said it out loud.
Her requirements:
Money so she can fluff around organising and styling her house and he pays the bills
Canadian for the permanent residence card
Happy to be an Instagram husband

Genuine question, what does she have to offer a partner? Maybe she should work on herself because from what she puts out online she’s flaky and materialistic and doesn’t have any real goals in life.

RentLife

Chatty Member
She must spend so much money on real/fake flowers too. Her apartment looks like a tiny museum. She buys decor items, does DIY but still ends up unhappy with the end results. lol.
I personally think buying fresh flowers on a regular basis is a waste of money as they die in 2 weeks or less. Sure they look pretty, but I would rather save my money for something else.

I just watched her latest video. So Dyson sent her another vacuum and hair tool. I seem to remember Arnya had her old one?

I do think her bed looks better that way, it is a small room.

usemycode

VIP Member
I've followed Bronwyn on and off for years. She used to live in Japan with Kim Dao and went by BiBi.

There were old videos on his YouTube featuring her. But they've all been deleted. He kept saying during the pandemic that he wanted to come back to Australia but couldn't because of the border closures.

I think she wants her niche to be organisation and doesn't want to vlog as she doesn't get as many views. Her content is exactly the same as when she was in Melbourne.
Obviously Rachel was able to go back and forth to Canada and Australia but maybe he’s from a state that didn’t allow overseas travellers back in until recently?

She’s not good at organising though because if she was she’d find systems that work for her and not need to constantly redo everything.

mindlessness

VIP Member
The moving to Canada thing is a joke. I wonder why Youtube doesn't pay or sponsor their content creators to actually go out in the real world to review or critique businesses/products?
It's just not their business model. They don't need to do that to make their money. It's up to Rachel to hustle/find management who can get her those opportunities. Not Youtube. The onus is on her.

HairyBerries

VIP Member
The organizing her boyfriend's closet video was a tad weird, and she even agreed that it was 'weird'. He's only going to mess it up again, and she bought new coat hangers etc for him 😕 It wasn't all that messy to begin with compared to some guy's.....

Things will be interesting once she's back in Australia.

She does nothing. So why can’t she even finish the tasks she sets herself in a video? I need to take my copious wine bottles to the recycling. But doesn’t. I don’t like the console table but oh well just leave it and complain. She couldn’t be bothered to rinse a jug for her coffee so she just used a cup and spilled it everywhere. She’s so lazy. It took her NINE months to chase up her storage locker location?? The lazy bare minimum effort in her videos irks me.

She did however find time to tell us multiple times that she's so happy its spring and warm ! 😄

• Haha

mindlessness

VIP Member
The lockdows were pretty strict even before Delta I must say..she must have had a good reason beyond "I just want to live there forever."
If when you apply to leave you have evidence you won't be returning in the short term (and thus need to be in quarantine etc etc) there's more chance the government will approve you leaving. At least this was the case before our current Delta situation.

HairyBerries

VIP Member
Yes! I think her videos would have more value if she shared how she moved to Canada, cost of living and what life is really like. Brooke who is a Kiwi living in NYC, shares snippets if her day on TikTok.

I get sharing your life isn't for everyone, but curating an aesthetically pleasing life has had its day.

She doesn't even have to share HER life. She just has to take an interest in what Canada has to offer. She was stoked about this move back in Australia but is doing nothing to fulfill it. I doubt she even cares about Canada or its culture.

Yousaidwhat

She's either out of her mind or desperate. To live without a solid plan or house for months, when she, as far as we know, literally lives of recording herself planning, decorating and cleaning her house. I don't think she has money from somewhere else, she emphasised too much how cheap going to London was going to be. Maybe her mum is paying for her ticket back to Australia and felt she had to justify the detour?

RentLife

Chatty Member
So why leave the safety of Australia to sit in an apartment in Canada and pretend to have some routine to film for YouTube?

On her Insta stories she is said that she has some long term goals that she wants to work towards in Canada.

As to what she is actually doing in Canada that makes it financially worthwhile is another question. Unless she is moving to be with some guy.

LittleBluebird

VIP Member
Finally had to unsubscribe. Honestly, I can’t justify wasting my time watching her do the same exact thing every week. Bored to tears watching coffee montages and her cleaning her apartment every single time.

• Wow

usemycode

VIP Member
How does Rachel afford the constant moves? Especially to Canada. I can’t see her making enough money from YouTube or sponsorships on Instagram or her business.
Also does anyone know what the requirements are for a visa? She made it clear she isn’t visiting she is moving there so how does that all work when she has no job and isn’t studying?

But the thing is now in Australia she’s not in lockdown. It’s pretty ‘normal’ (or at least, far more normal than lots of place right now). I imagine she must feel pretty strongly about the move/the boy to willingly move into another lockdown.
To be fair she doesn’t really do anything/leave the house much anyway lol

• Haha