Rachel Gorry #23 Off to Lapland, are yiz well jell? Professional widow pays so well!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks so much for the tip. I too have been wearing the wrong size. At last gorry inadvertently helped me out! That’s a great page you shared.
Isn't it brilliant! I think it was on here I found out about it originally. Love the galleries of different sizes. I used wear a 34A or 32B all my life and had no shape and certainly no cleavage as the band was way, way to loose. Then I learned how a bra should fit and now I'm in a 28D the last few years and it's literally revolutionary! I have shape and support! Also a D cup doesn't automatically mean you have large breasts - it's the ratio of cup to band size. Like my 28D is still a small size so I'd well believe Rachel is a D naturally.

I'd say Gorry should be in a similar, if not smaller band and probably a bigger cup size too. With 3 young daughters going to be dealing with bra fittings in the near future you'd think she spend some time actually educating herself on the topic instead of doing dreadful ads with whoever will pay her. It's really not difficult!

Reactions: 4
Isn't it brilliant! I think it was on here I found out about it originally. Love the galleries of different sizes. I used wear a 34A or 32B all my life and had no shape and certainly no cleavage as the band was way, way to loose. Then I learned how a bra should fit and now I'm in a 28D the last few years and it's literally revolutionary! I have shape and support! Also a D cup doesn't automatically mean you have large breasts - it's the ratio of cup to band size. Like my 28D is still a small size so I'd well believe Rachel is a D naturally.

I'd say Gorry should be in a similar, if not smaller band and probably a bigger cup size too. With 3 young daughters going to be dealing with bra fittings in the near future you'd think she spend some time actually educating herself on the topic instead of doing dreadful ads with whoever will pay her. It's really not difficult!
Oh im in a 36 and defo should be a 32 id say and raise cup size by the looks of that page! Shocking how we all don’t know this!!

Reactions: 6
Oh im in a 36 and defo should be a 32 id say and raise cup size by the looks of that page! Shocking how we all don’t know this!!
I would bet money you need a smaller band and a bigger cup!! Most women do. Big firms like M and S and influencers like Gorry need to be getting this right! Our backs and our posture depend on wearing the correct size.

It's well worth buying a couple of sister sizes somewhere online (I buy 28D and 30C) with free returns (I do M and S, my sis does Bravissimo I think) and trying them all on at home when you've plenty of time.
It's well worth doing the size calculator on Irish Bra Lady's page. And you do need to do all the measurements to get an accurate size (lying and leaning measurements etc). Also a bra can look like a great on you when you put if on first, and then when you do the 'scoop and swoop' to fill the cups you realise you're spilling out and you need a cup size or two larger! Apologies for going on but it's a topic I feel so strongly about 😂

• Heart
I would bet money you need a smaller band and a bigger cup!! Most women do. Big firms like M and S and influencers like Gorry need to be getting this right! Our backs and our posture depend on wearing the correct size.

It's well worth buying a couple of sister sizes somewhere online (I buy 28D and 30C) with free returns (I do M and S, my sis does Bravissimo I think) and trying them all on at home when you've plenty of time.
It's well worth doing the size calculator on Irish Bra Lady's page. And you do need to do all the measurements to get an accurate size (lying and leaning measurements etc). Also a bra can look like a great on you when you put if on first, and then when you do the 'scoop and swoop' to fill the cups you realise you're spilling out and you need a cup size or two larger! Apologies for going on but it's a topic I feel so strongly about 😂
Thank you so much! #feelingeducated!!!

Reactions: 3
I learned how to measure years ago working in dunnes. Young wans would be coming in asking for bras in size 36 and couldn't understand why the first thing id ask was what size top they wore. If your a size 8 you cant possibly be a 36 in a bra. They just thought if they had big boobs its the higher number and they couldn't grasp the cup size. Its hard to explain and the back would be up around their shoulders. Thats going back a hell of a long time now though. But i can see nothing's changed.

I’m wearing the wrong size, I’m convinced after reading all this amazing advice. Went to M&S after I had my last baby and finished feeding. But not happy now after reading what you say about it. Local bra shop it is

Rachel is far slimmer than me and I'm a 32D and it fits me perfectly. No way is she a 34 😂

I’m wearing the wrong size, I’m convinced after reading all this amazing advice. Went to M&S after I had my last baby and finished feeding. But not happy now after reading what you say about it. Local bra shop it is
Definitely try your local bra shop, but try the calculator on Bra Lady's insta bio too. It'll give you a starting point before going to the bra shop. In fairness, M and S are great for buying bras once you have worked out your size, but not for fitting. My 28Ds and 30Cs fit like a glove, but if I was measured by them I presume they'd put me in a 32 or 34 band and a A or B cup😱 And I know from experience that equals no support and no shape!!

If you decide to measure yourself, you might be shocked at the size the bra calculator throws up for you, but trust the process and try the size it recommends. I think you can DM the Bra Lady on insta too if you need advice.

Agree @Aurorapurple, no way is Rachel a 34.

Reactions: 2
So vogue did an ad with marks and Spencer for a bra fitting and she was measured as a 30dd , so I don't understand how this one is 34 , very bad from marks , plus vogue did a much better job than this one

Reactions: 12
So vogue did an ad with marks and Spencer for a bra fitting and she was measured as a 30dd , so I don't understand how this one is 34 , very bad from marks , plus vogue did a much better job than this one
Well obviously, Vouge is a professional and not a ex - dub in the country with an internet connection

• Haha
Reactions: 14
How could Vogue be dd?

I must also be wearing the wrong size! I’m a size 10 and always wear a 36 B, I have found smaller band sizes way too tight on me, anyone know why this is?

I must also be wearing the wrong size! I’m a size 10 and always wear a 36 B, I have found smaller band sizes way too tight on me, anyone know why this is?
Go to the Irish bra lady page. After being recommended here im after being educated! At a guess I’d say you re actually a 32/34 and have to go up in cup size. I’m 10/12 and also wearing a 36c as had same band issue but I know how it’s way off!

You are, I guarantee it!! A 36 would fit approx a UK16. Subtract 20 from your dress size - you should be in approx a 30 band, maybe even smaller. I'm an 8-10 and I wear a 28D or a 30C. I wore a 32B or 34A for years before understanding how it works.

If you read back my posts yesterday you'll see my explanations. And see theirishbralady on insta. There's a bra size calculator in her bio. She explains how bras fit, has photos of most sizes (so you can see that a D is not necessarily a big size) and explains how to swoop and scoop to fill your cup. Honestly it's life changing to get into your correct size 😂
---
I see vogue Williams posting the same m and s ad today and she's a D cup 🤔
Dunno how to explain the discrepancy between Rachel's and Vogue's fittings. Can well believe Vogue is a DD though, @Bessie. A DD cup on a small band size is not a large bra size at all! See photo from braladys page below of a 28DD - not big at all! And that model would be approx a UK8, so similar size to Vogue.

Attachments

Last edited:
I was actually impressed with vogues posting of it. Ad or not it was informative.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.