Questions for those who have been through menopause

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Afternoon, can anyone recommend any lotions, moisturisers for extremely dry skin especially on lower legs due to peri. Thank you 😊

Reactions: 3
Afternoon, can anyone recommend any lotions, moisturisers for extremely dry skin especially on lower legs due to peri. Thank you 😊
I’ve always found e45 to work… (if you shave) make sure you moisturise straight after shaving legs , so the gel/foam doesn’t dry legs… worked for me x

Reactions: 3
Not a question, a statement of fact.

Bastard chin hairs. I have been walking around with two very long ones for God knows how long just under my chin. Just didn’t see them until just now. Mortifying. An inch and a half long each.

🧔‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Bastard chin hairs. I have been walking around with two very long ones for God knows how long just under my chin. Just didn’t see them until just now. Mortifying. An inch and a half long each.

🧔‍♀️
They are the devil's work.

I remember first having one or two in my late 30s. And I'd pluck one then and see it again in a month. Now at 50 the fuckers are rampant. If I leave it more than a few days there are loads.

Has anyone gone through menopause without hot flushes? I remember my mum suffering these all the time for years. I'm pretty sure I am menopausal but not one hot flush, and not many other symptoms....not sure if I've just been extremely lucky or if it's common to escape lightly.

Reactions: 5

I remember first having one or two in my late 30s. And I'd pluck one then and see it again in a month. Now at 50 the fuckers are rampant. If I leave it more than a few days there are loads.

Has anyone gone through menopause without hot flushes? I remember my mum suffering these all the time for years. I'm pretty sure I am menopausal but not one hot flush, and not many other symptoms....not sure if I've just been extremely lucky or if it's common to escape lightly.
I haven't had a hot flush but i have had other symptoms

Reactions: 2
I’ve always found e45 to work… (if you shave) make sure you moisturise straight after shaving legs , so the gel/foam doesn’t dry legs… worked for me x
Thank you 😊 it’s a nightmare especially at night time they become so itchy to 🤬

Iv not had hot flushes but I am really warm most of the time and have experienced cold sweats at night

• Heart

🧔‍♀️
Never check in your car mirror!! 🤣 it’s the worst ever

I think god is getting his own back on me, all my life, very light periods. No cramps or anything other than the day before my period a dull headache… oh what a smug witch I was… going peri and full on meno, you name it I’ve suffered it… I spoke to my mum about it… her response… yoga! It worked for me! 🙄🤣 x

Last edited:
Reactions: 4

🧔‍♀️
You have my sympathy. I have taken to avoiding mirrors. Covid masks were a blessing there for a while. I currently look like this.
downlooad (1).jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Is itching a sign of peri? I’m 46 and I’m so itchy at night 😓

Is itching a sign of peri? I’m 46 and I’m so itchy at night 😓
YES YES YES iv cut my ears and made them sore trying to get to the itch 🤬 iv got up in the morning with blood on my sheets with scratching my legs 🤬

• Sad
Yes!! I ripped the skin off my face and neck last night it was so itchy and burning now all my face and neck are bleeding and sore,

• Sad
I have had a couple of hot flushes as well: my cheeks go all hot and pink for no reason.

Epaderm is a good moisturiser and comes in cream and an ointment, developed by dermatologist’s. Weleda skin food is another one, there’s a body butter, lotion and even one for the face but it does contain lanolin that may irritate some.

Last edited:
How are you ladies coping with any increase in weight. Despite everything including calorie counting. 3x exercise classes a week+ lots of walking, I can’t shift anything. It’s really getting me down.

How are you ladies coping with any increase in weight. Despite everything including calorie counting. 3x exercise classes a week+ lots of walking, I can’t shift anything. It’s really getting me down.
I'm struggling too. It's all around my middle and I look pregnant!