Questions for those who have been through menopause

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was sure I was through it (mirena coil so no periods) then this week I got a load of symptoms that i would historically get mid way through my cycle. 8 years in now
I had a heavy period which lasted 3 weeks, almost fainted in the shower before work..due to lack of blood.

Fortunately I had health care via my work.
Immediately had a coil fitted and zero problems since..

I wish you all the best.

Reactions: 1
I have been having erratic periods for 2.5 years, now I have only a week a month without one. I’m exhausted. I have no hot flushes or night sweats, insomnia etc. I have a copper coil & am wondering about switching to a mirena. Also been wondering re HRT as the constant period is too much? I’m 50. Please can someone advise?

Reactions: 2
I have been having erratic periods for 2.5 years, now I have only a week a month without one. I’m exhausted. I have no hot flushes or night sweats, insomnia etc. I have a copper coil & am wondering about switching to a mirena. Also been wondering re HRT as the constant period is too much? I’m 50. Please can someone advise?
Yes I think HRT may be a good option, I’m not a doctor or have any medical expertise, but first step is definitively going to see someone. Good luck x

Thank you. I worry about gaining weight with HRT? Does everyone? I have an appointment booked.

I had a 3 week heavy period. Got Mirena coil fitted, and not had a period since. Worked for me. Good luck!

As any of you lovely ladies had ovarian cysts after or during the menopause? If so can you tell me your thoughts

Thanks all❤ I have issues re food & eating so the increase in boob size & weight is frankly doubly torturous! I have thought about the mirena. I would question really the nurse giving me a copper coil at 47?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve gained 20lbs since the menopause especially around my middle and breasts. Emotionally I feel stronger for HRT but physically not so much.

Just thought I’d share that for the last week I’ve been taking the supplement Maca for hormone imbalance. I’d read that it’s good for estrogen dominance and dumps any estrogen you don’t need but metabolises what you do need. I’m post menopause but have just not found a proper balance. I’m better than I was but was bloated and my breasts were incredibly sore and big. In one week I’ve lost 2 lbs - I know it’s not much but it’s a start and it’s without really trying- and my breast soreness has gone. I have more energy and my sleep is better. So far so good. I still take my HRT as prescribed. Hope this helps as I know how dibilitating the menopause is and every little tip and trick helps

Reactions: 6
I cannot believe how much my skin has aged in a year. My hands suddenly look like old women's hands and I've got the dreaded flabby arms. I have been toying with HRT as I do think there are long term benefits to taking it.
Weight is fine, BMI is about 21 so possibly a bit thin.

Reactions: 4
Sorry if this is a ridiculous question but how can you know if you are oestrogen dominant? Can you be oestrogen or progesterone dominant then? Blood test? Or are there also signs?

Sorry if this is a ridiculous question but how can you know if you are oestrogen dominant? Can you be oestrogen or progesterone dominant then? Blood test? Or are there also signs?

there’s lots online hopefully this helps

I cannot believe how much my skin has aged in a year. My hands suddenly look like old women's hands and I've got the dreaded flabby arms. I have been toying with HRT as I do think there are long term benefits to taking it.
Weight is fine, BMI is about 21 so possibly a bit thin.
I feel your pain, when I look in the mirror I see my mum looking back iv aged so much I’m even moaning about the same things as my mum does and it’s driving my husband mad 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I went to the dr but as the only symptom I really have is the constant bleeding, she didn’t want me to try HRT. I just wondered how long I can expect to have a period for 3 weeks of the month?😕

• Wow
I went to the dr but as the only symptom I really have is the constant bleeding, she didn’t want me to try HRT. I just wondered how long I can expect to have a period for 3 weeks of the month?😕
That must be brutal. I’d go back and either see another doctor or tell her that it needs sorting because you can’t go on like that.

Why don't these bleeping Drs just keep their own personal opinions out of it and prescribe HRT. It's hardly an experimental drug, just because the GP might not want it for herself doesn't mean she should inflict her own prejudices onto her patients.

• Heart
Reactions: 7