Questions for those who have been through menopause

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh I feel for you. 4yrs post op and my recent bloods showed hormone levels at rock bottom, anaemia and low vitamin D 😢 also allergic to the patches, and the gel has randomly stopped absorbing so I'm back on tablet form estrogen, testosterone gel and vitamin B's and D with a gynae referral for possible progesterone add back
It's a never ending vicious mean cycle of crap
4/5 years in an it was the first time they’ve ever been balanced, still tackling the folate anemia and vitamin D. But the stupid patch reaction has triggered a rash everywhere now! Fun itchy weekend 😂 hope you get somewhere with the referral. The hysterectomy was meant to help, but while it massively did help one issue, it’s left me with a million I didn’t have before (including a couple of stone!)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Any advice for 3am waking anyone? I’m 40 and pretty sure I’m peri (early menopause in family). My sleep is shocking and all the usual things people suggest don’t help. Generally wake needing a wee (tried cutting down on liquid before bed, but still need a wee in the night) and really struggle to get back to sleep, I can be awake for hours. I don’t talk to non-menopausal friends about it anymore because they don’t get it and seem to think it’s all psychological or that I’m doing something wrong to cause it. I get pissed off when they tell me basic things like not to use electronic devices before bed - don’t they think I’ve tried that and if only it were that easy!
I tried HRT, but my own hormone levels must still be too high (periods still regular) as I had unpleasant effects. Feel caught in this horrible no man’s land where I know my body is changing, but I can’t do much about it. I’ve also tried magnesium, which is recommended a lot, but it made no difference.

• Heart
Any advice for 3am waking anyone? I’m 40 and pretty sure I’m peri (early menopause in family). My sleep is shocking and all the usual things people suggest don’t help. Generally wake needing a wee (tried cutting down on liquid before bed, but still need a wee in the night) and really struggle to get back to sleep, I can be awake for hours. I don’t talk to non-menopausal friends about it anymore because they don’t get it and seem to think it’s all psychological or that I’m doing something wrong to cause it. I get pissed off when they tell me basic things like not to use electronic devices before bed - don’t they think I’ve tried that and if only it were that easy!
I tried HRT, but my own hormone levels must still be too high (periods still regular) as I had unpleasant effects. Feel caught in this horrible no man’s land where I know my body is changing, but I can’t do much about it. I’ve also tried magnesium, which is recommended a lot, but it made no difference.
Try melatonin it may help

Reactions: 2
Try melatonin it may help
I live in the UK and you can’t but melatonin here, does anyone know how easy it is to get a prescription for melatonin? I struggle to stay asleep and never been a good sleeper but think it is getting worse, I am 48 and have no other symptoms yet - not that I have noticed anyway.

Reactions: 1
You might be better trying the pill rather than HRT. The pill overwrites your own hormone levels whereas HRT supplements them.

I live in the UK and you can’t but melatonin here, does anyone know how easy it is to get a prescription for melatonin? I struggle to stay asleep and never been a good sleeper but think it is getting worse, I am 48 and have no other symptoms yet - not that I have noticed anyway.
I buy it for my son who has ADHD online. It comes from America - Piping Rock is the store name. It makes him fall asleep like a dream, but sadly did nothing for me.
---
You might be better trying the pill rather than HRT. The pill overwrites your own hormone levels whereas HRT supplements them.
Thanks, but I’ve never been able to tolerate it, even in my younger days. Only pill I could take was Norithesterone, which is a mini pill.

I got some CBD gummies from the CBD Brothers. They definitely relax me and help me get to sleep but not sure if they will keep you asleep.

• Heart
Hi, anyone felt a bit weird of magnesium glycinate? It's quite vague but I feel a bit off since I started taking it two weeks ago and I'm only taking a low dose.

I take it with food to offset any stomach reactions and I read that you an take it any time of day as long as you're consistent, so I take it around 10pm when I have some tea and toast.

It's hard to explain as I do often feel 'off' at the best of times but I think I've had more of a restless sleep (but not every night) and my dreams have felt more vivid. I felt quite queasy during the early hours the other night and of a morning, when quite up, I feel like boiled shite for lack of a better term.

I'm not sure with mood, as I'm feeling like a miserable bastard fairly frequently, but something feels a bit different.

Hi, anyone felt a bit weird of magnesium glycinate? It's quite vague but I feel a bit off since I started taking it two weeks ago and I'm only taking a low dose.

I take it with food to offset any stomach reactions and I read that you an take it any time of day as long as you're consistent, so I take it around 10pm when I have some tea and toast.

It's hard to explain as I do often feel 'off' at the best of times but I think I've had more of a restless sleep (but not every night) and my dreams have felt more vivid. I felt quite queasy during the early hours the other night and of a morning, when quite up, I feel like boiled shite for lack of a better term.

I'm not sure with mood, as I'm feeling like a miserable bastard fairly frequently, but something feels a bit different.
Hey it could be the fact that you’re drinking tea at the same time maybe the caffeine is interacting with it. To be honest iv been taking various magnesium supplements for a number of years now and iv not experienced those feelings you’re describing. Hope your ok 🙏🏻

Hey it could be the fact that you’re drinking tea at the same time maybe the caffeine is interacting with it. To be honest iv been taking various magnesium supplements for a number of years now and iv not experienced those feelings you’re describing. Hope your ok 🙏🏻
Hm, not though of that. I found a few threads on Reddit where people have said they feel very weird on it and have experienced some undesirable reactions.

I'm going to take it with my evening meal this evening. I always just have water with that. Although, I don't have it consistently at the same time each night.

Hm, not though of that. I found a few threads on Reddit where people have said they feel very weird on it and have experienced some undesirable reactions.

I'm going to take it with my evening meal this evening. I always just have water with that. Although, I don't have it consistently at the same time each night.
Hope you get to the bottom of it

Morning all, I’m looking for recommendations for shampoo and conditioner, my scalp is getting really itchy and dry. Just wondering what everyone else is using to deal with this due to peri/menopause
😊

Morning all, I’m looking for recommendations for shampoo and conditioner, my scalp is getting really itchy and dry. Just wondering what everyone else is using to deal with this due to peri/menopause
😊
Hey, I have the same issue and use Philip Kingsley Scalp Tonic. Makes a huge difference.

I think my menopause journey is just starting, I’ve got my period again after only having it 2 weeks ago and that was 2 days late when I’m normally regular. Not sure if this is a sign of things starting to change? Anyone else has this?

I think my menopause journey is just starting, I’ve got my period again after only having it 2 weeks ago and that was 2 days late when I’m normally regular. Not sure if this is a sign of things starting to change? Anyone else has this?
How old are you? Peri menopause normally starts in your 40’s but can last 10 years.

I occasionally get a really short cycle of about 19 days whereas I'm usually more around the 4 weeks. I was 39 when this started so I wondered the same.
I reckon it's likely that our hormones are fluctuating.

I was sure I was through it (mirena coil so no periods) then this week I got a load of symptoms that i would historically get mid way through my cycle. 8 years in now